No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I announced that I'm installing a Pacesetter Monza catback I might as well mention what else I have planned for the immediate future.

-Power steering pump makes a bit of noise and leaks a little. Got a really nice one for it pulled off another engine a while back.

-I took the dizzy cap off and it was full of oil. So I'm going to buy a remaned dizzy from RockAuto. It's $103 and comes with a cap and rotor.

-Going to throw a new fuel filter on it. I know it needs it bad. OEM Honda.

-Valves need adjustment.

-Valve cover gasket leaks, going to replace it with the OEM Honda kit.

-OEM PVC valve.

-I know the spark plugs that are in it are new but I got wind that the person who put them in said "don't need to gap them they are pre gapped" and I know they are traditional style NGK plugs.

-Going to drain the transmission using the internal pump. Going to buy 8 quarts of Honda ATF to put in it.

-Clean shift solenoids.

-Clean IACV.

-Oil change with Castrol GTX 10W30 and a Bosch filter.

-Front and rear brake pads. I've come to like Duralast pads from Autozone since I go through them so fast.

-Replace the driver side window regulator and motor.

-Might Seafoam it. Before I replace the plugs that's in it.

Today I'm going to go to Buddy's, my local salvage yard, to look for a driver side fender in the same color. Would also like to find an OEM spoiler.

I remembered a little while ago that I have a set of Acura TL heated mirrors and a heated mirror switch. As well as an EDM rear fog and JDM side markers.

I also need to grab some CB7tuner stickers for this car... can't believe I forgot.
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 03-24-2015, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Just to find the time for me to do all that you have listed would be .. err, would be Heaven! lol

So ok, out with it .. what are the *secret* plans, orrrr, would you have to kill me after you told me ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I think I've only got 3 hours working on it thus far. Not too bad. It was easy stuff.

Ya know, I'm just kind of going with what I have on hand for the most part. Just so it gets used.

I never really know how they are going to end up. I just go with it. A car is like a paint brush to me. From the very first time I look at a vehicle once it's in my possession I examine it, add something based on what I see, then take another look, add something else and so on. It never really ends.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post

I think I've only got 3 hours working on it thus far. Not too bad. It was easy stuff.

Ya know, I'm just kind of going with what I have on hand for the most part. Just so it gets used.

I never really know how they are going to end up. I just go with it. A car is like a paint brush to me. From the very first time I look at a vehicle once it's in my possession I examine it, add something based on what I see, then take another look, add something else and so on. It never really ends.
          Hahaha, you're right .. it really never does .. does it ..
          ehhh, if nothing else, it develops good motivation and work ethic ...
          Besides, one nice CB!

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
            Hahaha, you're right .. it really never does .. does it ..
            ehhh, if nothing else, it develops good motivation and work ethic ...
            Besides, one nice CB!
            I think your right!

Thanks, it's not bad. But could be a lot nicer. It'll get there.

Comment

I scored big time this morning. I got on RockAuto to purchase that $105 distributor only to see that they had a closeout on two Richporter distributors for $53 each. I bought both for about the price I was going to pay for one cheaper one.

Comment

Yep ... that's about what mine cost!

Comment

I had some time to work on this yesterday.

Valvoline conventional 10w30.
                  NAPA oil filter.
                  NAPA brake pads front and rear.
                  Genuine Honda fuel filter.
                  Genuine Honda valve cover gasket.
                  Honda Bond HT.
                  Genuine Honda power steering fluid.

And I also got a pacesetter Monza catback exhaust system.

This was a pleasant surprise. When my friend bought this car the previous owner said this car was only serviced by Honda. We didn't believe her. But sure enough.

Front brake pads in the process of being replaced.

Checked the rear. Think I'll wait a while to replace these. Maybe 3 months/5000 miles.

Yanked that old shitty fart can exhaust off. It was held on like shit. As you can tell.

Looks much better. Still probably going to hack the tip off.

By the looks of the fuel filter it had been a while since it had been changed.

Should be good to go for a while with a Genuine Honda fuel filter.

Just checking the shift solenoids to see how they are doing.

Looking good.

Comment

Richporter Distributors came in today.

Packaged very well.

I got one to use and one to save. I'm good on distributors for at least the next 10 years.

Comment

hey if you dont know what to do the old exhaust piping send it my way

Must be nice to have nice weather to work in
                      Originally posted by cb7dazz
                      And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      ...for example

Comment

I didn't get the valve cover gasket replaced as I ran out of time. All my local dealership had was the gasket it's self so I'm going to go ahead and get everything else that comes in the kit ordered so when I have time I'll have everything. All OEM Honda of course. Went ahead and purchased the oil cap o-ring just because.

12342-PT0-000 GASKET B, HEAD COVER
                        90441-PT0-000 WASHER, HEAD COVER
                        15613-PC6-000 GASKET, OIL FILLER

Ran me $35 shipped.

-

I also didn't get to swap out the leaky power steering pump with another good one I have. Which was the reason for buying the two bottles of Genuine Honda power steering fluid. But now, instead of just installing the good pump I have I'm going to rebuild it with all OEM seals instead. Below is the list of parts I just ordered for the pump.

91201-PT0-003 OIL SEAL (20X34X7) (NOK)
                        91305-PT0-003 SEAL, PLUNGER (NOK)
                        91306-PT0-004 SEAL, FR. COVER (ARAI)
                        91303-PT0-004 SEAL, HOUSING (ARAI)
                        91322-PT0-003 O-RING (17.8X1.9) (NOK)
                        91317-PT0-003 O-RING (3.8X1.9) (NOK)
                        91318-PT0-004 O-RING (9.8X1.9) (ARAI)

Cost was $30 plus S&H.

-

The steering rack boots are broken and the outer tie rod boots are cracked. I'm going to install all OEM parts there as well.

53540-SM4-003 END, R. TIE ROD (MUSASHI)
                        53560-SM4-003 END, L. TIE ROD (MUSASHI)
                        53534-SD4-000 DUST SEAL, TIE ROD
                        53434-SD9-000 CLIP, TIE ROD
                        94201-20350 PIN, SPLIT (2.0X35)
                        94002-14280-0S NUT, HEX. (14MM)
                        53449-SM4-000 BAND, BELLOWS

Ran me $170 before S&H.

-

While I'm at it, it could use a new set of belts for the power steering pump and alternator.

Mitsuboshi power steering belt & Mitsuboshi alternator belt w/ A/C. Ran me $30 shipped from PrtsGek.com

-

I also noticed the front upper ball joints are slightly worn. Boots are cracked. I cannot get replacement front upper control arms or the upper ball joints from Honda. So I have to go with MOOG.

MOOG Part # RK9816 & MOOG Part # RK9815 Ran me $85 shipped through RockAuto.com

-

I also really want to see the condition of this engine. I have a harbor freight gauge but I dropped it when I was using it on my 91 Accord. So I bought a new Klutch compression gauge test set from Northern Tool. It ran me $38 shipped.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...0836_200630836

-

Last but definitely not least. I need this thing to have A/C. So first things first I bought a vacuum pump and a new set R12/R134 manifold gauges.

I found this CPS 2cfm vacuum pump for $90.

http://www.tooltopia.com/cps-product...vXQaAv9u8P8HAQ

And this set of gauges for $90.

http://www.tooltopia.com/mastercool-66773.aspx

If the system holds vacuum I'm going back to R12 which I stocked up on years ago when they went 134A. So I'll put R12 in myself. If it doesn't hold vacuum I'm going to pull the pump off, replace the o rings on the pump along with the schrader valves, replace the drier, pumping it down and seeing if it will hold vacuum then.

-

So that's where I'm at right now. Lots of work to be done. Lots.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
                          hey if you dont know what to do the old exhaust piping send it my way

Must be nice to have nice weather to work in
                          Yeah, it's not too bad, about the perfect temperature. But I don't want to start mowing again.

Comment

Just installed the new Richporter Technologies distributor. Set base ignition timing. Starts a lot quicker and no longer has a slight occasional miss.

Comment

Just ordered the parts for the H23 plenum & throttlebody. Figured I would throw a new throttle position sensor in while I'm there.

Isumo Throttle Position Sensor
                              17121-PT2-004 Bypass Valve Gaskets (2)

Comment

Awesome posting of part numbers .. along with pictures! Amazing!
                                Someone could use that info later, should make searching a breeze!

Comment

Working...
                                X