Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get to it mang.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

well I just completely figured out the front suspension, while looking up info about the rear suspension geometry on the 240sx, went to the wrong page and my eyes were opened, I have an s13 lower front control arm coming to test fit, if its too short ill order S14 lower control arms if its long enough ill order the other side from an S13, Motivation level 9000!!! lol time to DO WORK on the rear
      Last edited by almostJDM; 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Why not use cb knuckles and control arms and go custom gearbox/tie rod setup for the front end
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

one word money, if it works this way which I don't see why it wouldn't because the 240 and accord are the same width or within an inch of each other well the 89-94 240sx is nearly as wide as the cb, it'll save me a lot, and I am going to use the cb knuckles, then I was waiting on parts fro the rear I put the skyline front cross member on the engine and set it in where it will sit, and put the cb LCA's on and put the knuckles on, semi bolted it all up and it was in the factory location, only thing wrong is where the tie rods bolt was at the wrong angle, it would have made the tie rods like this l l instead of this \ /, which is how it needs to be

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
            one word money, if it works this way which I don't see why it wouldn't because the 240 and accord are the same width or within an inch of each other well the 89-94 240sx is nearly as wide as the cb, it'll save me a lot, and I am going to use the cb knuckles, then I was waiting on parts fro the rear I put the skyline front cross member on the engine and set it in where it will sit, and put the cb LCA's on and put the knuckles on, semi bolted it all up and it was in the factory location, only thing wrong is where the tie rods bolt was at the wrong angle, it would have made the tie rods like this l l instead of this \ /, which is how it needs to be

Just as a suggestion you could try playing around with different tie rods to accomodate the angle you need.

Who cares what car they came off of. Most have the same diameter shaft for tie rod end, and a lot have the same inner tie rod diameter.

The angles vary a lot, but I would work with what you have thats pretty close and see if you cant get some other tie rods to put it all together.

I haven't visually seen what you are looking at, this is just a blind suggestion to help troubleshoot.

im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

But that's the thing it won't matter what tie rods I use they will all be the same angle, because its the LCA that changing for where the tie rods mount, ill snap a photo when I get the lca in to show a comparison

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

Well spent most of my day here at the shop getting the rear sub frame squared up but now it's right where it needs to be right in the middle, both sides are exactly 7/8" their respective sides on the car so now we start shredding metal, ill get a few pieces cut but won't do much more tonight since its starting to get chilly and I don't have any propane for my heater, but tomorrow I will begin piecing together the passenger side first then driver side

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

I can't imagine how tedious that must've been to align the rear! I hope you got it all square!

Comment

It is 100% square I checked more times then I can count lol, whenever I accidentally bumped the wheel I rechecked it, hit the subframe crawlin around it recheck etc lol, I cut thermal for the front mount locations and drilled the holes for them also so tomorrow ill finish cutting the rest of the framing and ill drill the holes for the rear mount location

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

Awesome. That's the one thing that terrified me when I was considering a project like this. I could imagine having the rear off... and my first launch at the track would turn into smokey donuts!

Comment

Right on man, sounds like you are getting some work done. When I was suggesting playing with different cars' tie rods it was because some have an angle to them that could maybe accomodate the angle that your rack would be missing.

just a suggestion. I probably have 8-9 old tie rod ends in my shop and they all have different angles to them.

Comment

I got ya if theirs a car out there where the mounting point is bent 45deg apart from the rod that's about the angle I'd need if I use the factory cb LCA, also I would be posting some pics for you guys today but photobucket is screwed up on my phone ATM it won't let me upload photos from my phone so y'all will have to wait until tomorrow or Thursday when I get home

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

Ok I can officially say the rear sub frame is DONE! , like stated previously pics won't be up until I get back home tomorrow or Thursday, although now I don't wanna stop soooo time to do work on the front

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

Lets make that WAS done I can't get the pass front bolt out now for some reason, I took it out and put it in many times since I welded the nut in the piece of 1x2 but when it came time to take it out to put the washer on it no dice grrr I know it's not stuck because it moves about 1/4 turn both ways so I am working it back an forth trying to get it out

Edit: ok decided to just hack the bolt in half which wasn't to way went through 5 blades lol but got it out, then cut a new piece for the front pass mount and drilled a hole for the bolt so tomorrow ill cut it open and weld the nut in then install that one then ill get to start on the front
                              Last edited by almostJDM; 11-20-2012, 10:21 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

ok here we go some photos missing a few that I thought i had taken but apparently didn't sooo anyways here ya go, I am missing the ones that showed the rear sub frame mount

subframe all lined up

side rails covered up and ready for metal

front pass mount, no its not as low as it looks, it actually site above the part of the car at the top of this photo

another shot of front pass mount, yeah i know its ugly looking lol, need to fix it up a bit before spraying on rubber coating

Drivers front

pass side, yes that mount for the rear sub fram was on fire, I was buring out the rubber to install the solid mount, since that bushing was gone when I got the sub frame,and I need to go over welds on both sides, I let smokey9012 finish welding these up while I cut the rear mount, he hasn't welded much but hey took a hand sledge to em and they held so its ok with me, but going to add some metal to the bottom of this side where the middle piece isn't touching at the bottom as you can see.

readjustment was needed for this one, which was done after this photo was taken, for it was needed for obvious reasons, not too much though just the rear part, so plasma cutter and grinder came to save the day haha

thats all for now, but will be going down tuesday to do more work, touching up the rear then hopfully putting the RB25 into the bay again to start cutting up metal for the side rails
                                Last edited by almostJDM; 11-22-2012, 11:02 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                                My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X