icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

icons

I've noticed every single icon here isn't designed for a dark background. They are rendered for light or white backgrounds. is that a problem with the software being used or simply the images for the icons? because if it's just the images they are really easy to re render for a black backdrop.

It's due to the black background. It's not the norm, and not what the bundled icons were intended for. Sine we rarely use icons other than the smiley faces, and they seem to work just fine, it has never been an issue. You are quite literally the first person to bring this up since 2003!

Comment

Are the icons embedded in the software the site is built on , or are they just icon files in a folder somewhere on the server that are easy to change?

I gotta admit looking at those icons they really do looks like 2003. lol

Comment

Sweet, now that I've seen it it's all I'll see ever. Thanks man, haha
        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

They were bundled with the software. Probably easy enough to change, though I've never looked into how to do it.
          And it's more like 2005... the last time the software was updated!

I generally don't go messing with anything regarding the forum software. I've messed up stupid little things with major consequences in the past, and the stability of the forum is far more important than anything else.
          I've been talking with a few other members that help with stuff behind the scenes, and we've discussed a major overhaul of the forum... but it's a while off, yet, as one of the more tech savvy guys is busy with a new job (and I'm about to start grad school.)

Comment

I'm gonna ask a dumb question, but would a new version of vBulletin help, Deev?

Comment

Working...
            X