Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

K&N Drop In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N Drop In

Anyone have a pic of what this looks like and how much they got it for?

I seem to be getting more power after I replaced my CAI w/ my stock intake minus the resonator....I know it's weird but let me know what you guys have.

Thanks

what do you mean by stock intake, did you cut out the bottom?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

nope, didn't cut the bottom out. my engine bay basically looks stock. the stock intake is on there but i didn't put the resonator on.

Comment

oh the bottom part or the 2 pipes?

Comment

I think I'm going to try putting mine back on minus the resonator that isn't there anymore...Maybe I'll use the little snorkel pipe too to suck in some cooler air....I've been getting heatsoak issues since the weather has been getting nicer...

I've been hearing alot lately about people trying it vs a short ram and the ass dyno tells them they get alot of low end back...
          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Hey Mike, yeah...I went back to stock since my CAI was angled upward = oil running back to the manifold and also the intake pipe was banging up against my hood, which is not good especially for a cf hood. But my stock fiilter is dirty, I was thinkin either K&N or fram airhog

Comment

Cut the bottom of your airbox right off. Results are pretty good! The K&N filter should help a little also esp. if yours is dirty

Dan

Comment

yeah i was also thinking of putting the stock air box back on rather than my short ram, or also thinking about getting a much longer filter for the short ram and take the grill off for more air flow

Comment

Well...

I put my stock intake pipe back on today with a cone filter on the end... in place of the 3" SRI...

For some reason I couldn't fit the airbox back in... Maybe it was all the brackets I removed during the swap...So I had to use the ole ghetto can method to mate the filter and stock piping... thereby making the overall length of the intake about 3-4" longer...

Anyways though... According to the Ass dyno... you really do pick up some low end tq... It seems to choke past about 4500-5000 rpms though... but it is better feeling from a dead stop... and for some reason it seems like my rpms don't drop as much on upshifts...

I noticed that the stock piping is tapered.... I am now definitely thinking that might be the way to go especially considering all of the research I've been doing on a semi-unrelated subject...
                  RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                    I noticed that the stock piping is tapered.... I am now definitely thinking that might be the way to go especially considering all of the research I've been doing on a semi-unrelated subject...
                    Iceman intakes are made the same way. I noticed when I barrowed a friends iceman it felt a tad stronger on the lowend and much stronger from 3500rpm up
                    Last edited by pwrusr; 05-21-2005, 08:30 PM.
                    ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                      Iceman intakes are made the same way. I noticed when I barrowed a friends iceman it felt a tad stronger on the lowend and much stronger from 3500rpm up
                      After driving it a bit more and getting used to it... it actually feels a little more sluggish from about 3500-4000 on up...
                      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                        Yeah, great product, heard a lot of great things. You must be talking about the CT meet, right? You switched intakes w/ somebody and I think the one you borrowed was a blue iceman intake.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                          Yeah, great product, heard a lot of great things. You must be talking about the CT meet, right? You switched intakes w/ somebody and I think the one you borrowed was a blue iceman intake.

Dan
                          yep, I switched intakes with the guy in the prelude. I was sad when I had to return it
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

the stock intake is tapered, how much?

i dunno what to do now, i was thinking of putting back in my stock airbox with the cut out bottom, but now im thinking of getting a big ass k&n filter to put on my short ram and then make a metal heat shield.

Comment

i dunno how much it's tapered... I could take a looksee when I put the stock hose back into storage...

because I put my shortram back on... and I'll be damned if it doesn't feel so much better...

stock intake piping sucks... or more to the point doesn't suck in as much air as smoothly as a short ram tube...bleh...

I think either way a good idea is to fab some sort of box around the filter element to prevent heatsoak if you are going to have it in the bay...

Imma try a little ram air type thing pretty soon...

I agree about the Iceman... pricey but it would seem to be a good choice in theory...
                              Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 05-30-2005, 01:38 PM.
                              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Working...
                              X