Installing Pioneer Deck Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Pioneer Deck Problems

Alright guys, so i recieved my pioneer deh6300ub yesterday in the mail and installed it today but it wont turn on! I ran the red,yellow,and orange wires to the + of the battery and the ground to the - post and it lit right up! My stock wiring must me cut somewhere behind the dash. So i decided to run a wire from the battery(+) through the firewall to the yellow, red, and orange wire of the deck and grounded it, and once again it lit right up but it wont turn off. I dont mind having to turn it off manually but what wire do i have to run where so im able to turn it off?? Thanks

Bump! Haha anybody have an idea of how i can get the deck to turn off??

Comment

The orange wire is the dimmer wire. Unhook that from the red and yellow and see what happens.

Comment

Tried this but the deck didnt light up

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
          Tried this but the deck didnt light up
          You have to hook the red wire to a switched 12v lead, a lot of people splice into the cigarette lighter lead.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Hook the red wire to the switched 12 volt, the yellow wire to the constant 12 volt, then see what happens. If you have the aftermarket wire harness to connect the head unit to the stock wiring, it's a matter of color matching wires. The orange wire is for the dimmer and shouldn't be hooked to a power source, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
              Hook the red wire to the switched 12 volt, the yellow wire to the constant 12 volt, then see what happens. If you have the aftermarket wire harness to connect the head unit to the stock wiring, it's a matter of color matching wires. The orange wire is for the dimmer and shouldn't be hooked to a power source, at all.
              I have the harness and wired it up how its supposed to be, however it didnt light up. I think the stock wiring is cut or shorting out somewhere bc after i tested it, it worked just fine so it has to be the stock wiring.

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
              You have to hook the red wire to a switched 12v lead, a lot of people splice into the cigarette lighter lead.
              Makes sense! Any idea which one to splice into?? Theres a white and blue, red, and red and black. And well 2 grounds.

Comment

I would take a volt meter and start checking for voltage at the stock plug and go from there. Check with the key on and the key off. 1 of the wires (the red wire on the deck) should ONLY have power when the key is on, the other wire (yellow on the deck) should have power all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                  I would take a volt meter and start checking for voltage at the stock plug and go from there. Check with the key on and the key off. 1 of the wires (the red wire on the deck) should ONLY have power when the key is on, the other wire (yellow on the deck) should have power all the time.
                  Just checked em. No power is coming from either the 12v constant or 12v switched. However the one i ran from the battery is working fine. I just need to figure out to what other 12v switched i could run the 12v switched from the deck so that it will will be able to turn off

Comment

Check the fuses. If they're good, move on. I'd find a fuse in the kick panel that has 12 volts with the key off, hook the red wire from the stereo to that fuse, find a fuse that has 12 volts all the time and hook the yellow wire to that, then ground your stereo. You SHOULD be good to go.

Comment

Here this will help you a lot: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1032.html

Also just for the hell of it check the little 10a fuse on the actual cd player... I have never seen one blow but you never know...

Comment

Save the headache and wire it exactly how it needs to be wired using a harness. My Kenwood DVD player did something similar. It would power up if hard wired but not with a harness. Even wired correctly, it stayed in protect mode with the little red light flashing.

My problem was a fuse in the kick panel fuse box. Changed out the fuse and it worked like a charm.

Very few things worse than having to go back years later to reconfigure what you did. Wire it right the first time using a harness and you will thank yourself later.
                        H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

you have blown fuses if you dont have power on the stock harness. if you search you can get pics that will show you what wires are colored which way. i have been in and outta the cb dash more then i care to mention. check all your fuses in the car and under the hood. just dont cut the harness off the stock end.
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

There's 2 fuses for the stock wireing ones in the bay fuse box ones in the fuse box in the cabin check those first. If that dosnt work run a male plug into where your fuses plug in the fuse box, then fuse with 2 females one on both sides run 2 wires off the other side one to your yellow wire the other into the fuse box with an other male connector. Wala it will turn off when you turn off your car.... kinda hard to explain without pics....
                            Last edited by SPLCB7; 04-10-2012, 10:42 PM.
                            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Yes. You most likely have a fuse blown. Use a meter and test ALL fuses, I've seen many times where seemingly unrelated fuses affect other circuits. If that's a no go, run a wire for switched 12v to the wiper fuse.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                              Traded with: Cb7xChun
                              Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                              Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                              My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X