Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    V bands are cool, I say do it. The only thing I think you'd run into is ground clearance or tunnel clearance.
    When the fender flares come in I'll actually be raising the car up but you have a good point about tunnel clearance. I'll take measurements when I install the crush bent 3".
    Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
    I recently saw that you're on the NA list. The car is as fast as it looks
    Thanks! I actually want to hit the rollers again in the cooler temperatures and possibly have the car re-tuned by another tuner. This tune is alright but it needs a little more dialing in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
      Thanks! I actually want to hit the rollers again in the cooler temperatures and possibly have the car re-tuned by another tuner. This tune is alright but it needs a little more dialing in.
      Cool. Right now I'm running a p0s ECU, tuned on alloys (stock) lol
      So with the tune you'll be above 200? Man, that's fast for a CB

Comment

nice updates, glad to see the innovative mounts come throw. you gan definitely see the difference. hopefully they will hold up better than the ESP's.
        (side note: lately i've been seeing a lot of ESP fails on the webs.)
        FRIENDS
        DONT LET
        FRIENDS
        ROLL ON
        ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
          Cool. Right now I'm running a p0s ECU, tuned on alloys (stock) lol
          So with the tune you'll be above 200? Man, that's fast for a CB
          I'm most likely over 200 currently. When I had it on the dyno before my tune, I made 199hp with my 16" wheels. With my 18" wheels I dropped down to 185hp un-tuned. After the tune I made 195hp on the 18" wheels and this was with a 90 degree ambient temperature and 40% humidity. With winter temperatures and 16" wheels I'll most likely be close to the 210hp mark (assuming I don't modify anything between now and then).
          Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
          nice updates, glad to see the innovative mounts come throw. you gan definitely see the difference. hopefully they will hold up better than the ESP's.
          (side note: lately i've been seeing a lot of ESP fails on the webs.)
          I put the rear mount in a few nights ago and it makes such a difference in the driving feel. I love modifications that I can feel a difference with. All ESP needed to do was use a stiffer, better fitting insert and they would probably be alright. Maybe that's why they disappeared... Either way I highly recommend Innovative products.
          Last edited by Mike1357; 09-04-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Upgraded the sound system a bit.

Currently my Kenwood head unit went out on me so I can't really get a feel for the speakers until I get another head unit. Also had the opportunity to install the 3 inch exhaust on the car. I'm genuinely surprised at how decent it sounds for having a muffler as the only sound suppression device. At idle and low RPM's its actually quieter than the GReddy and it doesn't drone at all. Pretty happy with it.

Comment

Fit the front flares. I ended up selling the first set I had because the fiberglass didn't conform well and they weren't very consistent. These ones are 50mm wide, ABS plastic and just look so much better.

I'll have to go hunting to find an Acura CL knuckle so I can remedy my wheel bearing issue and get the car aligned after I raise it. Looks like I'll only need a 25mm spacer to get everything flushed up.

Comment

Out with the old, in with the... old?

Wait, I mean new.

Comment

Still lookin' good man!

Comment

Nice, gonna get a new tire/wheel setup to fill them fenders out?

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                      Still lookin' good man!
                      Thanks man! I'm trying.
                      Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                      Nice, gonna get a new tire/wheel setup to fill them fenders out?
                      I actually ended up going with spacers. I may go with a different wheel setup in the future, but for now I'm happy just using spacers. 25mm hub centric spacers to be exact.

I also have a new spoiler coming in for it that I think will fit the build a little better. I'm really looking forward to receiving it.

Comment

Few updates.

Remapped the ECU for the 3" exhaust. Not very much peak gain but I gained both HP and torque earlier on the graph; VTEC was also dropped down to 4100rpm.

This is the new wing I'm trying to fit. Still a lot of work to do.

Fitting and trimming the side pieces. I'm still on the fence about this wing...

Picked up a coupe trunk. I prefer the curve of the tail lights and it'll give me a fresh canvas for fitting the wing.

Comment

Finally have another GReddy lip.

Also purchased and installed a decent transmission this past weekend. No more 117mph in third gear. The pick up and acceleration is much better now. I haven't done too much highway driving as of yet though.

Comment

That a fiberglass GReddy lip? I found a way to protect my lip from shattering every time it comes in contact with anything. Maybe you might be able to do the same with the fiberglass version. I picked up some poly-carbonate lexan. It's impact resistant and will not shatter. I know, I slammed a piece of scrap with a hammer to prove my point. I basically cut some wing tips just around the base of the front corners and voila!!! No more shattered front lip. I tested it thoroughly. I can ge you sme pics of what I did exactly if you want more details.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Yeah, it's the same as the first one I picked up. It's not genuine, but it is extremely cost effective. I will say though, the first lip was a trooper. I put that thing through hell. I would not cut speed bumps or corners and just didn't care if I scraped it. Now that the car is raised up a bit I'll probably be able to get away with more.

I noticed you had something on your lip the last time I saw it. I was thinking of getting something similar to the winglets for the Integra but your idea might look and work better. How difficult was it to cut and shape? Do you think it's possible to heat it and bend one of the edges into a winglet shape? Yeah, if you could send me some pictures that would be awesome. Thanks for the suggestion!
                              Last edited by Mike1357; 10-25-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

So I took my lip and set it on top of the lexan. With about a 1.5" spacer on the outside i used a marker to trace the shape of the lip onto the lexan. from the inside ijust marked the edge. I kinda made my own wing tip. I used the mounting holes to mount the bumper as support and it actually transefers the load to the bumper and not really the lip. I also used double sided tape to adhere it to the lip. otherwise I think that the wing would flap around alot.

For the wingtips, I clamped the lexan to some ply and placed a 1/2 diameter at the end the ply. then I heated up that area with a heat gun. I took something flat and bent the wing tip and held it in place till it cooled.

On a side note, that Rocket bunny rear lip is going to be kinda hard to beat.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X