Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Old 06-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #1
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

JaberCB7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to JaberCB7
Jabercb7 : 1990 Accord LX

So I'm back at it again... again!

Quick back story, long story short I got this cb with 5 lug conversion for $650. Pretty much stock all around except for the wheels and cut Springs.

Future/current plans
F22b swap - purchased
5 speed conversion - transmission and most parts
New suspension - broke $
New exhaust - stock for now
New wheels - 05 TL purchased but not equipped
Then just clean up everything.

currently I have 01 odysse wheels I polished.

By the way, how freaking lucky am I to find the p39 ecu to go with the f22b!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willey View Post
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Last edited by dj_ender; 06-03-2016 at 06:03 PM.
JaberCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #2
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Swap done, had ton of minor setbacks but here she is. Still need to do suspension work just not sure which route to go nor have the spare cash...son is due to come in the coming weeks.

Ngr wheel

If anyone needs help wiring the horn to nrg wheel. This is how I wired mine. Tap into horn wire and wire to hair pin or something metal than can be screwed in to column and make contact with back of hub

Last edited by JaberCB7; 06-28-2016 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #3
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Reservations

Quote:
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #4
buzz11
CB7tuner Member

buzz11 seems to have made some friends! buzz11 seems to have made some friends!
Nice!! got that 5lug, it's a big plus. Got some goodies on there already, that's an awesome start.
buzz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz11 View Post
Nice!! got that 5lug, it's a big plus. Got some goodies on there already, that's an awesome start.
I have to take pics of all the goodies I just got my new clutch and flywheel and innovation auto to 5 speed mount. I was gonna go withome ESP but couldn't wait the 6-8 weeks right now

Quote:
Old 06-03-2016, 10:16 PM   #6
buzz11
CB7tuner Member

The car looks pretty clean. Does Connecticut have a lot of cb7's? I might have to search a bit farther to get a clean cb7. All the ones around the Boston area are not that clean.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:46 PM   #7
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz11 View Post
The car looks pretty clean. Does Connecticut have a lot of cb7's? I might have to search a bit farther to get a clean cb7. All the ones around the Boston area are not that clean.
If you're looking for clean (rust free), head south and west young man. Somehow the Atlanta, Knoxville, and Nashville areas used to always have clean ones available.
92 EX coupe auto 190,000 - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210341

LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:10 AM   #8
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
If you're looking for clean (rust free), head south and west young man. Somehow the Atlanta, Knoxville, and Nashville areas used to always have clean ones available.
X2 usually the very clean cb7 I see are driven around with North Carolina and Texas and Florida plates. But that's not to say you can't find some clean ones. Some are asking upwards of $1700 for clean stock

Quote:
Old 06-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #9
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Texas is hit and mostly miss. Sure, we don't get snow. But it's incredibly humid here and hot enough to kill paint and rubber seals in just a couple of years. The structure of the cars is always good, but the softer items attached to it aren't necessarily good.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #10
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Well wasn't planning on ithe so soon but couldn't help myself.

It was a bit of a shitty day, started pouring so me and the hillBilly went out and got ourself a portable tent/gazebo... all last minute shit, sucks I have 3 car garage and can't use em cause previous tenants left em filled with garbage and old furniture.

About 60% need to mate the trans to motor, bolt everything back up and finish the clutch pedal.

Oh and did I mentioned I am on a Timmerman? Got about a month before my first born is due

Quote:

Last edited by JaberCB7; 06-05-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #11
buzz11
CB7tuner Member

Dam, that's a lot to take on before your first born. Time is gonna be spent on the baby and a lot less on cars. Just a heads up lol
Old 06-05-2016, 11:09 PM   #12
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

So I've been told... if all goes well by next weekend she will be done. Minus the exhaust that comes in on Monday.

Quote:
Old 06-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #13
excalibur02
Wanna be JDM whore

Location: north new jersey Owns: Turbo cb6 & NA cb7 I'm: NJs 5-lug King ;-0
excalibur02 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to excalibur02
Whoaa! You are back!

Instagram username MAURO02

If my pictures do not work and you see ****.com replace it with m1xe.com
excalibur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:12 AM   #14
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Hado to, sadly this place has slowed down plenty. How's it going with the family and blue cb?

Quote:
Old 06-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #15
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Update

Ebay special, I really liked the style of this exhaust, only really needed a downpipe but I also wanted a muffler so decided just to get this.... best budget friendly exhaust. I don't race or track my cb so this works fine for me. The swap is basically done with the exception of doing an oil change and finish plugging up the vacuum lines. So anxious to put it on the ground and throw my new wheels.

...and yes I wear Toms lol

Quote:
Old 06-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #16
Granite CB7
Contributing Member

Granite CB7 is very helpful Granite CB7 is very helpful
Ummm you're gonna hate me but as is, your new header will not work on your F22B DOHC. The new header looks to be for a USDM F22B1,2 & 6 etc for example. Notice the 0--0-0--0 port spacing vs the equal port spacing on the F22B DOHC. You'll need to get either an F22AX or H23A1 header (same exact flange on both motors), sometimes the H23A1 headers will have larger tubing, so I'd go H23A1.
Granite CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:10 PM   #17
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite CB7 View Post
Ummm you're gonna hate me but as is, your new header will not work on your F22B DOHC. The new header looks to be for a USDM F22B1,2 & 6 etc for example. Notice the 0--0-0--0 port spacing vs the equal port spacing on the F22B DOHC. You'll need to get either an F22AX or H23A1 header (same exact flange on both motors), sometimes the H23A1 headers will have larger tubing, so I'd go H23A1.

Yea I found out when I went to install it. I ordered the wrong one. It's for 98-02 accord, it's what I get for trying to save a few pennies. Price was slightly cheaper but didn't notice the years changed

Quote:
Old 06-16-2016, 07:49 AM   #18
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Update.

F22b and 5 speed conversion is officially DONE!
Finished it Tuesday. Yesterday I took advantage of the insomnia I had, I ripped apart the interior and went through it with a brush some resolve and turtlewax interior cleaner.

Got rid of all the grease and gunk that accumulated over the years.

Also installed a new alarm (fried my old one trying to connect the horn) only thing left to do is installe my header+exhaust that I had to replace because I ordered the wrong year.

So for now car will remain as is, things I plan on getting in future are QD steering wheel (wood grain, has to be)master bushing kit, coilovers, new tires and eventually paint. I have my eyes on some 97 lude fogs on ebay and a set of side markers ;-)

Quote:
Old 09-14-2018, 10:04 PM   #19
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

Sadly did all that work and car still ended at scrapyard. Bought a new cb and swapped everything over. Tried to give the shell away but no one wanted it.

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: