Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gsquat's 92 LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patched the other side. Went much easier having done it already.

The part of the panel behind the bumper cover is sticking out a bit awkwardly though. Not sure what to do about that. I'll figure something out.
    Last edited by Gsquat; 08-23-2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

goood jobb !

Comment

I love the grille. Can't wait to see it with some paint.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
        I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

nice start

Comment

great job on the patch work, i wish i went that route with mine.... cant wait to see the finished product

Comment

Looking good. What color do you plan on painting the grille?
              1990 Accord EX

Comment

Wow great find...welcome to cb7....Can't wait to see future mod on it....keep up the work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                  Looking good. What color do you plan on painting the grille?
                  Currently I'm set on white for the entire car including the grille. When it's nice and shiny with some black mesh behind it and an Accord logo, it'll look real nice.

Thanks for the props guys. Second panel went soooo much better than the first. I'll be filling all dents next and working on my DIY flushmount spoiler.

Comment

Welcome and your car is a nice find!

My suggetion:

1) Current Repairs first
                    2) Outstanding maintenance second
                    3) Pre emptive maintenance (aka preventative maintenance) Next

Before any cosmetic or any mods.

My opinion only:

Better to aspire to have a finished project which looks brand new Factory fresh F22 OEM accord (and surprise people by its cleanliness and originality) which is even rarer than the Go fast bragging route everyone and his dog has taken.

Do the 1 to 3 listed first then in my opinion all you will need are Rims,Tint,OEM Exhaust tips, upgrade speakers if burnt , stereo and Floor mats.

My advise is don't go the fast and furious or highly modified route. You will be disappointed as you will be comparing to younger and more modified cars aswell as ruin your OEM reliability, durability and quality. Not to mention wasting alot of time and money trouble shooting due to complications with mods.
                    Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-25-2010, 07:28 PM.
                    Rides:

Accord
                    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
                      Welcome and your car is a nice find!

My suggetion:

1) Current Repairs first
                      2) Outstanding maintenance second
                      3) Pre emptive maintenance (aka preventative maintenance) Next

Before any cosmetic or any mods.

My opinion only:

Better to aspire to have a finished project which looks brand new Factory fresh F22 OEM accord (and surprise people by its cleanliness and originality) which is even rarer than the Go fast bragging route everyone and his dog has taken.

Do the 1 to 3 listed first then in my opinion all you will need are Rims,Tint,OEM Exhaust tips, upgrade speakers if burnt , stereo and Floor mats.

My advise is don't go the fast and furious or highly modified route. You will be disappointed as you will be comparing to younger and more modified cars aswell as ruin your OEM reliability, durability and quality. Not to mention wasting alot of time and money trouble shooting due to complications with mods.
                      Thanks for the advice. The reason I went with fixing the rust issue first is because I'm mechanically retarded. I'm completely incapable of fixing/replacing most everything mechanical on the car. So I've opted to work on the body and save towards mechanical/performance issues and parts. Aside from a little rough idle (which I'm convinced is the dist. cap/rotor) the car runs great. So when all cosmetic work is done I'll begin to look towards performance parts and mods. Actually, the first things I did with this car was change the plugs, new plug tube seals top and bottom, and a new valve cover gasket (had just a little help from my father-in-law for the tube seals ). Oh yeah, I resoldered the main relay connections too. Wasn't overwhelmed with that one as I solder for a living. Another reason for the body work is we're looking to move and I want the body done before then as I'm going to have it painted in my father-in-law's garage. There will be no rice with this car. But it doesn't have to be all JDM either. I simply want what I think looks good. To me, that's old school subtlety. There'll be a front lip, 15" enkeis, red pinstriping, and some DIY projects, but nothing that will take away from what the car is. I do thank you for the advice though. I know I'll have questions down the road and it's good to know there's lots of people here who have the answers.
                      Last edited by Gsquat; 08-25-2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

more bodyworks need to do...

Comment

Originally posted by Gsquat View Post
                          Thanks for the advice. The reason I went with fixing the rust issue first is because I'm mechanically retarded. I'm completely incapable of fixing/replacing most everything mechanical on the car. So I've opted to work on the body and save towards mechanical/performance issues and parts. Aside from a little rough idle (which I'm convinced is the dist. cap/rotor) the car runs great. So when all cosmetic work is done I'll begin to look towards performance parts and mods. Actually, the first things I did with this car was change the plugs, new plug tube seals top and bottom, and a new valve cover gasket (had just a little help from my father-in-law for the tube seals ). Oh yeah, I resoldered the main relay connections too. Wasn't overwhelmed with that one as I solder for a living. Another reason for the body work is we're looking to move and I want the body done before then as I'm going to have it painted in my father-in-law's garage. There will be no rice with this car. But it doesn't have to be all JDM either. I simply want what I think looks good. To me, that's old school subtlety. There'll be a front lip, 15" enkeis, red pinstriping, and some DIY projects, but nothing that will take away from what the car is. I do thank you for the advice though. I know I'll have questions down the road and it's good to know there's lots of people here who have the answers.
                          Looks like your on your way to becoming a capable mechanic (having done oil tube seals, which essentially meant taking the rockers off, adj valve lash, intro to timing belt since you would have disturbed that etc.) and a good electrician (since you can solder, aware of the concept of tracing connections for fault finding purposes etc) and a good body repairer (knowing how to cut and weld).

Looks like your on a very good foot if not well on the way to being up and running. Your lucky to have good connections in the trade via your father in law and one most would envy (though personally i dont like the feeling of being indebted to people for favours - past or present).

Glad you didn't mind the advise but it is only my opinion and an honest one at that. Its what i do to my car. I just see so much waste and overdone work that i've seen cars go from Good ---> Excellent ----> Over done Try Hard (aka Rice) as people have lost track and dont know when to stop (just like people over doing plastic surgery) it actually starts to go backwards.

Nice work tho and keep it up.

Yes, there is alot of helpful people and info in here. Just about all topics have been touched on in one way or another.

Tip: Ensure you use the search box first before asking a question as this site is a searchable data base.

People tend to be frowned upon when its evident they have not put any effort and have not used the search functions prior to making a new thread (in the technical section especially)

Enjoy your car and keep us posted
                          Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-26-2010, 06:37 AM.
                          Rides:

Accord
                          92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                          95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                          91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Dented hood is no more. Found a local part-out in Craigslist and picked up a new, smooth hood for $50. I got him to throw in the passenger side sun visor clip as well. Don't know how or why my car was missing that.

Comment

Working...
                            X