Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

non v-tech mani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non v-tech mani

im gonna start the h23 manifold swap to my f22 engine soon so im searching thru the website to find some info but every thread had different things.

so im gonna clarify as much as i can so i can get some correct info on this swap and hopefully future members can get some info out of it too.

first off i have a F22A4 engine.
    from what i read only non VTEC h23 manifolds follow the same bolt pattern as f22 manifold.

so i have a few questions
    1 obviously the H23 DOHC manifold is out of the question as it is VTEC.
    but every SOHC h23 Ive seen says VTEC too... so maybe what they mean is that only SOHC manifolds work? correct me if im wrong

2 so which h23 motor has the manifold i need for the swap?

3 do i need the plenum and TB too? and if i dont does it help the performance if i get them anyways?

if there is anyone that has this swap your help would be appreciated.
    pictures would be appreciated too
    Last edited by #1_M.I._CARLOS; 07-09-2012, 02:10 AM.
    My MRT

There is no such thing as a SOHC H-series engine. You seem to be very confused on information that's pretty straightforward. You just need the entire intake manifold, throttle body and black box from a '92-'96 Honda Prelude Si with the H23A1. It's a DOHC non-VTEC 2.3L engine. You're right in that you can't use one from the DOHC VTEC H23A or the H22A (or DOHC F20B for that matter) because their manifold flanges have a different bolt pattern. Should you not be able to find the H23A1 manifold then you can hybridize a simar one. You can either get the entire manifold and black box from an F22A6 (smaller plenum volume) or you can just get the runners from the F22A6 and the plenum from an OBD-1 H22A. The DIY can help you with the rest.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

VTEC. Not V-Tech, not V-TEC. VTEC.

What you want is a manifold from an H23A1. It is the ONLY H23 found in USDM Preludes, and they are ALL non-VTEC. The H23A (no number = JDM) is VTEC, and is found in JDM Accords. You don't want that manifold, as the head on that engine is essentially the same as the H22A.

I'd love to see one of those SOHC H23s you've seen... because they don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        There is no such thing as a SOHC H-series engine. You seem to be very confused on information that's pretty straightforward. You just need the entire intake manifold, throttle body and black box from a '92-'96 Honda Prelude Si with the H23A1. It's a DOHC non-VTEC 2.3L engine. You're right in that you can't use one from the DOHC VTEC H23A or the H22A (or DOHC F20B for that matter) because their manifold flanges have a different bolt pattern. Should you not be able to find the H23A1 manifold then you can hybridize a simar one. You can either get the entire manifold and black box from an F22A6 (smaller plenum volume) or you can just get the runners from the F22A6 and the plenum from an OBD-1 H22A. The DIY can help you with the rest.
        ok that clears it up a little, thanks amigo
        i had a SOHC f series confused with an h23 (again because the threads i read here are very confusing) but i went on another website that cleared it up for me.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        VTEC. Not V-Tech, not V-TEC. VTEC.

What you want is a manifold from an H23A1. It is the ONLY H23 found in USDM Preludes, and they are ALL non-VTEC. The H23A (no number = JDM) is VTEC, and is found in JDM Accords. You don't want that manifold, as the head on that engine is essentially the same as the H22A.

I'd love to see one of those SOHC H23s you've seen... because they don't exist.
        got it
        My MRT

Comment

and thanks to DjM_coupe that sent me a message with more detailed info.
          My MRT

Comment

No problem...lemme know how it goes for ya
            1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
            2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

What exactly did you find confusing in the other threads? I have never done this swap myself, but I understand it quite well based solely on the information I've read here on this site. The same information you have read. If it is unclear, please let me know what you read and why you had difficulty understanding it, so we can make an effort to make it easier to understand.

Comment

ok along these same lines, if one can use an H23A1 (or whatever number it is) intake manifold on the F22A1, could one use some ITB's designed for an H23A1? forget all the issues with ITB's, would they bolt up?

Comment

Yes.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    Yes.
                    thank you

Comment

My confusion was based on a thread I read a while back saying that the h23 i/m needed for the swap was found on the 5th gen accord sohc engine, after that another thread further confused me showing a sohc vtec engine and calling it h23.

as much as I hate making threads that keep asking the same thing I decided to stop looking for info and just ask the people that know.

but now I know right lol
                      My MRT

Comment

If you can find that thread again, please send me a link. That information is so incredibly incorrect that it should be removed from this site ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                        X