Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New member from Europe saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Europe saying hi

Hi everyone,

My name is Niels and I’m from Belgium.

Here’s my car history:

After getting my license, I bought a 96 civic 1.4. I owned this car for 4 years and had one hell of a time with it. The only mods where a Phoenix Gold amp, PG woofer and Earthquake speakers.

After an accident I got rid of it and got a auto ’00 Accord coupe 2.0.. Of course the amp, woofer etc. was installed in this car. I lowered it on Sprint springs and Koni yellows. It had 18inch wheels, front upper strut bar and a Hayame catback.I loved the torque it made over the 1.4 civic and I started to get interested into modifying the engine. I spent many hours on here reading about the F series, but never registrated, and never tuned my motor. I owned this car for 11 years and loved everything about it.

I sold it because we needed a bigger daily. We got a 2009 Accord Tourer, basically the same as a Acura TSX wagon.

I have been looking for a project car and I found a manual ‘92 accord coupe 2.0. It was the exact same car I wanted to buy 2 years ago but the engine had oil leaks and was way to expensive. So I didn’t bought it.

The new owner had it for sale for 1200€ but it didn’t run and had been sitting in his driveway for 1,5 years. Basically it was worth nothing so I talked him down to 600€, put it on a trailer and took it home. After a new battery and distributor coil, it was running.

After a good clean it turns out the exterior is in fairly good shape. Some rust on the rear arches, some small dents and scratches but nothing bad. The interior is very clean. This car’s chassis code is CC1, the engine is a F20a7 and has 170 000km.

So far I changed the oil and filters. Set the valves. Measured compression. Put in a new clutch master and slave cylinder + fluid. New cooling fluid + temp sensor + temp gauge sender. And to start the project off some BC racing coilovers.

I am looking forward to learning a lot more about these cars.

This is the car with the coilovers on the lowest settings
    Last edited by NolsAccord_CC1; 11-24-2017, 11:57 AM.

Welcome! I think you’re our first member from Belgium.

The car looks good. You got a good deal on it. That rear wheel arch rust can be a pain, though. It spreads rapidly, and can be expensive to fix. If you plan on fixing it, sooner is better than later!

The f20a7 is a pretty good engine to start with. 133hp is respectable. Are engine swaps allowed where you live? The H22A engine absolutely transforms these cars.

Comment

Yeah, that’s a nice score. Good looking color too.
      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Thx guys.

I definitly want to fix the rust and repaint the whole car but I wanted to do it after all mechanical work is done. A previous owner did a shitty bondo job and its already coming back so I may reconsider.
        Can you still buy these arches?
        The color is B54P-3. Was this color never sold in the US?

I have been reading about the H swap but I really like the F series. My dream would be an F build with the power of a H22. I have been looking for a f23z5 from a 01Accord type V or a cb parts car with a F22a7. Both are 9.8:1 compression.

With the coilovers on there lowest, the car wasn't really driveable around here. So I raised it 2,5cm in the front and 3,2 in the back. I will slowly go lower as my conference grows.

Here are a few more pics from before I raised it again:

Comment

I believe you can still buy the arches.

The color is Cobalt Blue. We have it here in the US, but it’s one of the less common colors. I always liked it.

Comment

That cobalt blue is bomb. I really like that color too. I’d like to find a 4 door in that color.

~Mark~

Comment

Welcome! Cobalt blue coupe isnt common in the US. Car looks great

Comment

It’s interesting how that car looks like it just uses the sedan rear tail lights since the license panel is wider for the elongated euro plates. It looks like that car has the flat molding I’d love to have also! Damn, that car has serious potential.

~Mark~

Comment

Good to see more of the Euro guys show up. From what I read the coupes are pretty rare to come across over there.

Isnt that coupe techinically a CC1?
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

That's really cool. The rear plate looks so much better than ours.

Comment

Greetings from a newbie from the Sin City!

Comment

Thx guys. It's nice to see there's still interest in these cars.

The coupes (yes its a CC1)are rare indeed. I have seen about 3 for sale in Belgium in about 3+ years of searching. You can find some in Germany or France if you're lucky but I have only seen '93 models. I don't think 90-91 coupes where ever sold here.
                        I have been looking for a '92 because they became 25 years old last year, so I could register it as a oldtimer. This means no/less inspection, emission control etc. This allows for more tuning freedom and possibly a stealthy engine swap.
                        Last year it was widely rumoured that from the 1st of january cars would have to be 30+ years old to be registered as a oldtimer so I bought the first 92 I found.

NH-503P-3: which molding are you talking about?

Comment

For now, I haven't got a lot of time for this car because I got a lot to do in and around the house and we have a little baby, so updates will be slow coming. But I hope to have most projects done by next year and that's when I really want to take my time to make some progress on this car. So I have plenty of time to do my research and plan this build.

Comment

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Originally posted by NolsAccord_CC1 View Post
                              Thx guys. It's nice to see there's still interest in these cars.
                              Sure is! I have a feeling these cars have more potential in lasting longer than newer cars because of the way newer cars are designed (no dipstick, sealed transmissions, harder to refill and service etc)

I have seen about 3 for sale in Belgium in about 3+ years of searching. You can find some in Germany or France if you're lucky but I have only seen '93 models. I don't think 90-91 coupes where ever sold here.

It is great to know these cars still exits in that continent and European owners are still coming on board!

I have been looking for a '92 because they became 25 years old last year, so I could register it as a oldtimer. This means no/less inspection, emission control etc. This allows for more tuning freedom and possibly a stealthy engine swap.
                              Last year it was widely rumoured that from the 1st of january cars would have to be 30+ years old to be registered as a oldtimer so I bought the first 92 I found.
                              Australia is already at that 30 year mark before it becomes a classic car

New Zealand are in the 40 year mark! Closer to your death bed (60's) before you can enjoy a car you fell in loved with when you were in your 20's (usual age when you can afford your first good car). Fall in love with a car in your 40's no chance.
                              Rides:

Accord
                              92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                              96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                              95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                              91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Working...
                              X