Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gsquat's 92 LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsquat's 92 LX

Hey. Just picked this up for a grand the other day. Has 226K on it but runs flawlessly. It's a 5 speed. I've got great plans for it. I've had what I want to do to this particular car in my head for years now. So now that I have the money, means, and the car, it's time to make it happen. I'd love input. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Gsquat; 05-13-2010, 12:00 PM.

you got a great deal! That cb is clean. What's your plans for it?

Comment

Planning on taking care of rust/dents, fresh black paint, front lip, maybe rear trunk lip, drop just an inch or two (not too much), 15" or 16" gold wheels with chrome edge, clear corners... I'd like to keep it simple but still have it catch your eye.

Not sure where I want to go with the engine right now. Obviously I'll do things like open up the exhaust and intake, but for long term I've contemplated sticking with the F22 and rebuilding it to last another 230,000 miles or just let it be and save for an H22 swap (or something of the sort). With the way the car runs now I'm thinking I'd be fine building something new. Never done a swap before so I'm a little intimidated by the thought of that...
      Last edited by Gsquat; 07-17-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I'm sure whatever way you go with it it'll be nice. Don't be intimidated by a swap... there are hundreds of guys (and some chicks) on this site that can help you with whatever questions you may have.

Comment

welcome to the forumz, enjoy ur stay!
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Oh please don't paint it. Especially yourself. That paint looks in excellent shape from what I can see.

The whole car looks great though. Any more pictures? Maybe some interior shots?

Comment

Oh I wouldn't be painting it myself. I'm going to have it professionally done. Gotta fix all the rust around the rear wheel wells first.

Comment

It's nice how the rain fools me into thinking I have a nice paintjob.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
                  Oh please don't paint it.
                  Why wouldn't u want him to paint it? The car is black and he said he wanna re-paint it black so he's pretty much all the way nice. 18 year old paint job could always use some touching up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsquat View Post
                    It's nice how the rain fools me into thinking I have a nice paintjob.

I loved it when it rained when I had my supra. The paint was fading but when it rained it looked great .

Comment

So I'm fixing the rust around my rear wheel wells tomorrow. Got the sedan patch panels to use.
                      Here's the passenger side behind the bumper. Bad, but not as bad as the driver's side.

Here's the driver's side. I already cut out a large portion of rust from in front of the wheel well. The only hard part to shape is gonna be the area I marked on the photo. The sedan panels only provide me about a 1 1/4" face from the edge. The rest I can go flat across.

Here's the driver side behind the bumper. Bad. Real bad.

If there's anything I should know that you think I might not before going into this, please let me know.

Comment

I don't see a whole lot of hacked 92-93 grilles so here ya go. Hacked, filled, sanded, and primered. I like the rounded sides as opposed to the 90-91.

Last edited by Gsquat; 07-17-2010, 09:48 PM.

Comment

what color are you gonna paint it?

looks clean tho
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I've been juggling between white and black. I know it's gotta be perfect body work to be black, but I've always been drawn to it. I do like white too. I'm a monochromatic kinda guy. Just picked up some clear corners, cd5 mugen front lip, internal antenna so I can shave my existing one, and some ebay coilovers that will be accompanied by some kyb adjustable shocks. Don't worry. I wont put the springs on until I have the shocks.

Comment

So I've since cut out my shape for the driver panel... (this was before I cut all the rust out)

Set the panel...

And now I'm into the bondo stage...

Still got a bit to go on this side, but the other side will go much faster. Want it painted within the next couple of months.

Comment

Working...
                              X