Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a will not start! 93 accord lx 5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a will not start! 93 accord lx 5 speed

All plugs are receiving spark and all injectors are receiving sufficient fuel, the distributor is brand new as well as the tps. Using p13 ECU but also we tried my friends chipped p28 ECU from his cb7 and still the same thing, codes thast were pulled are for vtec and coolant temp sensor. The spark plugs are brandnew NGK iridiums also. Timing has been flipped 180 and back. We pulled the plugs and they had some black soot on them cleaned them off and still same issue..it turn over it just wont start..PLEASE HELP

Black soot on new plugs?
    You may have a mechanical timing issue. The fuel is partially burning leaving that soot on the plugs.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

How did you try timing 180? Distributor should only fit into the cam one way. Have you checked firing order? Make sure your rotor contact is pointing at no.1 at top dead center. There are a lot of honda firing order diagrams that do not apply to f/h motors.

Comment

For one the car must be at top dead center also if that distributor is messed up with the teeth sheered off the car won't start either let along crate apart to fire I would check that too. Also check the ignitor and fuses the distributor could be fried check that spark.

Comment

i should have mentioned that i did have this motor in my 95 prelude before i decided to put it into my accord..both cars ran perfect i just like my cb7 so much more and wanted the power it had from my prelude..thats why im so confused as to why it wont start now..all ground are golden and connectors connected..damnit..could there possibly be a short in the harness? i hope the timing isnt whats off..and if it is i hope the valves arent bent..

Comment

Since the engine was running fine before being pulled, I can't imagine there being a cam timing issue unless you replaced the timing belt or had the t belt off and back on for any reason. Otherwise, I would rule out cam timing. Were the plug wires, distributor off during the swap? Is it sputtering/backfiring at all when you try to start it? Did you do any kind of internal/external coil conversion?

Comment

when i had the motor in my prelude i had the external coil..in my accord it is also external coild..both motors are obd1..the belt was never taken off nor were any pullys..when i go to start it theres sometimes a little soft pop sound but thats it..i swapped the motor completely intact with trans connected still..this is seriously keeping me awake at night

Comment

the motor sounds great when its turning over..ill have to do a compression test

Comment

This isn't related to your issue I'm just curious, why do you like your cb7 so much more than your prelude? I've never driven or been inside of any prelude ever.

Comment

preludes are fucking amazing dude..but mine was dangerous..pulled to one side really bad when hitting vtec or breaking..and i need 4 door BUT ANYWAYS..figured out the problem guys..dropped the motor took off the pulley covers an valve cover..the timing jumped about 6 teeth..no bent valves though..adjusted timing..and it started up perfect..first try..it was beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by NinetiesBabyCB7 View Post
                      preludes are fucking amazing dude..but mine was dangerous..pulled to one side really bad when hitting vtec or breaking..and i need 4 door BUT ANYWAYS..figured out the problem guys..dropped the motor took off the pulley covers an valve cover..the timing jumped about 6 teeth..no bent valves though..adjusted timing..and it started up perfect..first try..it was beautiful
                      Glad to hear you found the problem and there wasn't any harm done.

Comment

Just so you know the reason the Prelude pulled to one side was very likely due to a blown shock.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Just so you know the reason the Prelude pulled to one side was very likely due to a blown shock.
                          Or tie rod, or ball joint, or upper (or lower) CA bushing, or... you get the point. There was a weak link in the suspension system on that side of the vehicle. Comparing CBs to Preludes is apples to oranges, though.

Comment

Those things would cause a pull at all times. Under braking, a dive to one side is almost certainly a blown shock.

Comment

*UPDATE* she runs beautiful, the timing was off, the hydraulic tensioner had failed during the swap, set timing and replaced with the KS tuned manual tensioner

Comment

Working...
                              X