Quality ICM suppliers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality ICM suppliers?

So, ever since I have had Hondas with electronic advance distributors when the dizzy died, I just replaced the whole thing. I would get a Rich Porter distributor for like a hundred bucks and call it good for a few years and repeat when necessary. Kind of dumb I know, but whatever, its gotten me by.

Thing is, I still have my OEM distributor for my Accord. The igniter was starting to go out, so I swapped the distirbutor out before it stranded me. I want to get a new igniter for it and have it ready to go for the next time. Whats a good brand to get? I have NAPA, Carquest, and O'Reilly parts stores nearby.

How much is an igniter by itself anyways?

1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan, 205K, DD once again

Delphi. $43 on Rock Auto. $92 through NAPA. Best ICM in my experience.

O'Reilly's has a Standard brand for $46. RockAuto has it for $44. That's probably your best bet.

I went with Delphi. It's been in 4 different cars and still running after years of daily driving. However with your local options in mind this doesn't seem ideal for you.

Personally I dont set foot in parts stores anymore. That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Head View Post
      So, ever since I have had Hondas with electronic advance distributors when the dizzy died, I just replaced the whole thing. I would get a Rich Porter distributor for like a hundred bucks and call it good for a few years and repeat when necessary. Kind of dumb I know, but whatever, its gotten me by.

Thing is, I still have my OEM distributor for my Accord. The igniter was starting to go out, so I swapped the distirbutor out before it stranded me. I want to get a new igniter for it and have it ready to go for the next time. Whats a good brand to get? I have NAPA, Carquest, and O'Reilly parts stores nearby.

How much is an igniter by itself anyways?

Free OEM, goto the junk yard and pull one from any up to early mid 2000s honda, fill your glove box. I dont know off hand how long they used the same one in all of them but its pretty far and wide... just googling 96 civic thru 2005 accord, they all look physically the same. so there ya go. stay dirty. make sure you hit up amazon or whatever and buy some nicer brand cpu heat sink compound and apply liberally when attaching the ICM to that aluminum plate.

Comment

Working...
      X