Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trying to Rescue a 91 CB9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to Rescue a 91 CB9

Hello ladies and gents!

I’m new to the cb community but have been around Honda’s for some time. I’m currently in the process of a K24/20 swapped s2000. I was recently gifted a 91 cb9 wagon. I believe it’s the ex model due to the fact that I have power sunroof and windows, etc. the car has a couple problems that I could really use some help with from more people more familiar with this car.

I am mechanically savvy to a point. I’m a great student when I don’t know so feel free to get technical but also explain what you mean, it’d be greatly appreciated.

First problem: Power Steering
    The power steering does not work at all and was told from the previous owners that it’s a leak. I did an inspection and didn’t find any leak spots after filling up the system. When I turned the wheel to the right the system sucked up all the fluid in the reservoir. When I turned the wheel to the left air would shoot through the system and blow off the red cap (which I’m guessing is broken because I would imagine that it should be securely sealed).

Second problem: Windows are not functional
    -Driver side window goes down pretty smoothly. It starts to grab the inside guard and drag it down. When you roll the window up the window pivots forward and won’t create a deal with the upper part of the door. Is the track off inside?
    -Passenger Side window goes down very slowly and using stops at a certain point. Actuator?
    -Rear driver side window goes down semi smoothly.
    -rear passenger window doesn’t go down at all. Again actuator?
    -Sunroof opens and closes like a charm.

Third problem: Shakiness on deceleration
    Say I’m in 4th gear and go down a hill, while going down the hill I take my foot off the gas and let the cat coast in gear. My car will start to do a vibration of sorts that makes me think it’s mounts but also that something suspension wise might be loose. Any experiences with anything like this?

Fourth problem/ question: The Carpet
    🤮
    From the window problem discussed before, the carpet has suffered the brunt of the abuse and is ready for retirement.
    My question is if there is a car that has a black carpet that will also fit cb9?

Originally posted by CB9suhh View Post

First problem: Power Steering
    The power steering does not work at all and was told from the previous owners that it’s a leak. I did an inspection and didn’t find any leak spots after filling up the system. When I turned the wheel to the right the system sucked up all the fluid in the reservoir. When I turned the wheel to the left air would shoot through the system and blow off the red cap (which I’m guessing is broken because I would imagine that it should be securely sealed).

Second problem: Windows are not functional
    -Driver side window goes down pretty smoothly. It starts to grab the inside guard and drag it down. When you roll the window up the window pivots forward and won’t create a deal with the upper part of the door. Is the track off inside?
    -Passenger Side window goes down very slowly and using stops at a certain point. Actuator?
    -Rear driver side window goes down semi smoothly.
    -rear passenger window doesn’t go down at all. Again actuator?
    -Sunroof opens and closes like a charm.

Third problem: Shakiness on deceleration
    Say I’m in 4th gear and go down a hill, while going down the hill I take my foot off the gas and let the cat coast in gear. My car will start to do a vibration of sorts that makes me think it’s mounts but also that something suspension wise might be loose. Any experiences with anything like this?

Fourth problem/ question: The Carpet
    🤮
    From the window problem discussed before, the carpet has suffered the brunt of the abuse and is ready for retirement.
    My question is if there is a car that has a black carpet that will also fit cb9?
    Welcome to the site!

Power Steering - Assuming you bled it (which pretty much involves what you are doing) this sounds like you have a block in the rack or one of the lines. Even with all the air out of the system and filled with fluid it still spits air out each time? (implies it's sucking air in somewhere)

Windows - Windows in our cars suffer from many issues. 1. Guide rails get dirty and the window cannot slide up and down anymore. This puts the motor at stress and will cause the window to go on an angle etc. 2. The pins break off inside where the glass attaches to the motor. 3. The motors wear out and stop working.
    At this point you're pretty much taking off the door panels, cleaning all window rails, re-greasing, and swapping motors for good ones.

Shaking - normal suspension / drive train issues. Most likely mounts or axles related, could also be UCA bushings

Carpet - .... you know what to do here, replace it or clean it.

Comment

The cap on the PS reservoir is a slip fit, it is not positively retained like the radiator cap or master cylinder cap.

If you're willing to pull the carpet, scrubbing with Oxy Clean and using a power washer to rinse it can make a big difference.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks above for posting about the window rails.. my driver window does the same. Thank god I noticed before the big rains we just had

Comment

Working...
        X