Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Less and Less Accord Representation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less and Less Accord Representation

I was very disappointed to see this today and it affects everyone who's apart of this site. In the picture shows a sign up/registration for this HFF challenge but there is something missing, there's no specific selection or "class" for the 4th gen! I know we have a a lot more potential than people think, (obviously from the post). LET'S DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. Get our butts in to gear and show what the CB7 is capable of!

Is that how a lot of import shows judge cars, by how far modified they are from stock? I know Honda's made a lot of econoboxes over the years, but I'd argue that some older Japanese cars were super nice on their own merits, even in context of today's brand new cars.

E.g., if I were to pick between a brand new Malibu and a brand new, 0 mile CB7 I would definitely take the CB7.
    My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
    Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
    Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

This is not regarding a car show. SPeedventures HFF is an amateur race series.

https://www.facebook.com/HFFChalleng...=page_internal
      Mission
      Our mission is to bring more FF Hondas to the race tracks across Southern California. Less hard parking and more track time!

Comment

When registration opens up for their July 28-30 event at Laguna Seca, I will be signing up. They will have HFF for that three day event. It looks like a total blast!

BTW, I represent the CB7 chassis and what it is capable of at Laguna Seca and on Youtube, check my channel: af_1132racing and look for the video "CB7 Track Day!"
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
          BTW, I represent the CB7 chassis and what it is capable of at Laguna Seca and on Youtube, check my channel: af_1132racing and look for the video "CB7 Track Day!"
          Hell yeah man!! Thanks for representing us! I will check your channel out! I was just a little perturbed at the fact they never specified the 90-93 chassis out right in the post. Good luck on your races!

Comment

I wish that was around my way, I would definitely love to whip my CB on the
            course!
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
              I wish that was around my way, I would definitely love to whip my CB on the
              course!
              I've found local races and autocrosses through the SCCA forums if you were looking for events near where you are!

Comment

Does this event require you to register with a racing association?

I found a racing club around my way but it seems like they required you to
                do all this registration with some national racing association before I could
                enter an event. It basically deterred me away because it seemed like a lot
                of extra work.

Or is this like an event where they just safety check your car & you are good to go?
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by SedanTom View Post
                  I've found local races and autocrosses through the SCCA forums if you were looking for events near where you are!
                  I haven’t autocrossed in like 15 years! I should give that a try with my CB7

Comment

G. Wiffington, the HFF Challenge is pretty serious racing (lots of rules) unfortunately, but if you are successful in it you could get recognized over time by other organizations like Spec C, or whatever the races are with the Honda Fits, Hyundais, Chevy Sonics, Ford Fiestas and so on.

Comment

And I have 2 CB's this could be done with...
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I think the problem is they're a niche type of car. They have never carried the popularity like the Civics and Integras have, but now that they're becoming cheaper to pick up...and rarer to find in yards unless you have people willing to help you out or find a yard that has an abundance of them.

The ironic twist is that older cars are making a comeback so it's driving the prices of the clean examples up.

If you search on BaT for auction results on Honda Accords you'll see what I mean.

I own a 1993 wagon with 223k original miles that I purchased from a friend who was semi-active on here and I have absolutely no plans of ever selling it.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                          And I have 2 CB's this could be done with...
                          Nice man! I just want to move back to the west coast to participate already!
                          The FIRM is pretty close to you no? See if you can if you haven't already gotten involved there!

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                          I think the problem is they're a niche type of car. They have never carried the popularity like the Civics and Integras have, but now that they're becoming cheaper to pick up...and rarer to find in yards unless you have people willing to help you out or find a yard that has an abundance of them.

The ironic twist is that older cars are making a comeback so it's driving the prices of the clean examples up.

If you search on BaT for auction results on Honda Accords you'll see what I mean.

I own a 1993 wagon with 223k original miles that I purchased from a friend who was semi-active on here and I have absolutely no plans of ever selling it.
                          Yeah I feel you on this brother, never parting with my first car/accord

Comment

Working...
                          X