Places to jack car safely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to jack car safely

So I recently noticed my side jacking points arent as sturdy as they use to be in the front that is. So where is a new safe place to jack my car up? Where do you guys typically jack your car from?
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-13-2019, 07:13 PM.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

"As sturdy", or "not as sturdy"? The small loop at the front of the piece that goes from the front cross member to the main cross member is considered a jacking point for the whole front of the car. At the rear of the trunk floor is a large knob of metal that protrudes down, this is a rear jacking point to lift both rear wheels off the ground. I have used a piece of 2x4 two to three feet long under the main weld joint (same line as the side jack points) closer to the front than the back to lift the entire side of the car off the ground to allow rotating the front tires to the back (directional tires) on one side at the same time.

Are your jack points rusting?
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Sorry I wasn’t clear. The jacking points on the side of the car are starting to fold in on themselves and I think I missed the frame a couple times as the floor pan seam seals are breaking exposing the outside through the seams. I have always used 2x4s to spread out the pressure but I guess it may not be enough. I struggle with finding a safe spot to jack the car to allow me to put jack stands on the side jacking points.

If I am not clear I can take pics.
      Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-13-2019, 07:09 PM.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Yaa what was said already. You have no choice but to abandon the side for jacking if she's getting soft. Use the LCA point or where the bolts of the LCA join to the body. I've also used the stabilizer bar for a jack stand (+ others).

Comment

I always recommend a pinch weld adapter for your floor jack to prevent damaging the pinch weld. Sounds like you may be past that point. I use the front crossmember most of time, and as already mentioned careful placement where the lower control arm attaches to the cross members is usually good.
          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
          01-01-2019

Comment

I think I am going to start using the lca crossmember point to start jacking. Hopefully I can get reach that spot with my jacks.

I just realized how retarded my phone makes me sound. As it autocorrects words and then my post don’t make sense. My apologies gents and ladies.
            Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-13-2019, 07:14 PM.
            ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
              Where do you guys typically jack your car from?
              The poorer neighborhoods are best. The cops don't care as much.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  Yaa what was said already. You have no choice but to abandon the side for jacking if she's getting soft. Use the LCA point or where the bolts of the LCA join to the body. I've also used the stabilizer bar for a jack stand (+ others).
                  **This one**
                  I remember watching an ETCG video he recommended you can
                  jack it up from where the stabilizer bar is bolted to the frame. I do this same
                  thing to jack up my Civic since there is no jack point up front like we have
                  on our CBs.
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                    Haha that was so perfect!
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                    X