No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also got another lil side project worked on. This is 91-95 Acura Legend side molding. It’s flat and looks fantastic compared to our ugly bulky “Domestic” moldings.

Ugly bulky CB molding:

Nice flat molding that looks closer to the faux molding on 92-93 bumpers

Not JDM but a way better stand in if ya can’t find JDM.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I like those moldings. Did you have to modify them to fit? Are they still available? I don't think you can get OEM moldings for the CBs from Honda anymore.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Subtle and great. I like it!

Comment

Ya........ where do i get a set of these ?

Good job on the lights, people don't realize how much work is involved in doing these lights.

Comment

what projectors did you use?
            COUPE K24

Comment

I So. Cal. There’s plenty of 91-95 Acura Legends put out every week in a pap. Just not Legend coupes. They are very hard to come by. Once I find one I’ll get it’s moldings and make a special CB coupe set. The moldings have to be custom cut. Even on a CB sedan. legend sedan doors are shorter than CB sedan doors. I can show pics in a diy soon. From my experience with these you need to always get two sets. Meaning moldings from two cars. Find moldings that are straight. No dents or wavy lumpy moldings. Get moldings that are painted also. They don’t end up dried and suncracked like the unpainted tend to be. They’re easy to fine sand and paint over also. The Legend molding does install with similar tabs that fit right into the square molding holes. One thing that has to be modified is the holes at the ends of the doors. The CB And Legend have the same fixed bolt at one end but The CB hole is low and the Legend molding has its bolt centered so you’ll have to drill the hole out up higher. It’s not hard. It’s got one of those nuts on the back like the tail lights do. You’ll see it. I did shape the angled ends more sharply to fit like the CB ones do. None of this is rocket science. Just takes time to make it right then sand and paint.

~Mark~

Comment

Fantastic work, as always.
                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

The last couple of weeks have been interesting. While at a pap I came across a second type-C blue interior with white leather. The last one was a tenth anniversary. Very interesting two tone indeed.

Sorry for the wonky pic orientation. Idk why they won’t correct.
                  This was the pinstripe on a 93 SE. Looks good.

Now a quick look at a project I’ve been working on for some time.
                  This fully operational tilting moonroof is 95% done. I just need to pop my slider in and add the rear drain. It is a combination of a CB tray with 97-99 Acura CL rails and topping it is CD Accord glass. Mine is ‘97 since I like the gray glass. Plus allot of custom work done to make sure everything is lined up and square. There still is the limit switch situation I gotta work out but for now this can go in my car and be tested for a few weeks. Hopefully I’ll have time to swap mine out here soon.

Thanks for looking! Stay tuned.

~Mark~

Comment

i actually went to the junkyard and tried to fit a cb7 sunroof glass on a prelude track. didnt work out. i wish there was a way to make it go up and out.
                    COUPE K24

Comment

The CB Accord moonroof glass is worthless for anything else but a CB Accord. Now a 94-97 moonroof glass is the same exact size as the CB glass and simply lifts right off after removing 8 10mm nuts. 4 on each side. Very simple. The prelude sunroof and later moonroof both are removable in the same fashion as the CD Accord 94-97 moonroof glass.
                      I’ll be willing to bet I can make a moonroof that lifts and goes out on top with a bb6 prelude assembly and a CD Accord moonroof glass.

~Mark~

Comment

Always awesome to see the projects you come up with, and the dedication you have toward finding solutions.

Does the junkyard even charge you an entrance fee anymore?
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

So tonight I dropped my moonroof out of my car and removed the slider to put in my modified moonroof tray. I also built the extended Acura CL drain that sits on the back of the assembly and stretches across to both sides. On CB and CD Accord moonroof glass the drain is spot welded to it. I simply drilled out the spot welds and removed the drain on the CD moonroof glass then trimmed the back rubber so it can lift up to vent. The Acura moonroof is ment to vent so there is a drain that just clips on and uses a couple screws to attach to the rails. The Acura CL is not as wide as the CB moonroof so that’s the reason for extending it. I actually used two Acura CL drains to build the extended one.

Here’s the drain on the back with rubber sealant drying and the interior slider installed.

This pic shows everything sliding back as normal. The moonroof glass drops down and pulls the interior slider back with it. Just like it should.

I’m putting it in tomorrow after work. Stay tuned for this sick upgrade.

~Mark~

Comment

Ya, this is next level shit here. How the F.... ... ya. i'll wait for the updates...

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Ya, this is next level shit here. How the F.... ... ya. i'll wait for the updates...
                              Lol this made me chuckle.

Mark is seriously building his accord to how it should have come from the factory. So I assume you figured out the cable issue Mark?
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Nick, so far so good. The cable issue is fixed. I took the longer left side cable from another CL slider mech. Then swapped the too short right side cable out with the new left I got. It’s a delicate process but it worked. We’ll see how the moonroof motor likes yanking it around. It should be fine.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X