owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    Those ebay bars are about the same as nothing. LOL!
    Not on stock ride height cars. They make a HUGE difference.

Anyways. Get tuned already. You'll be amazed of how much better your car will run.

EVERY single h22 customer I've had has been nothing but impressed by my street/dyno tuning. They were running either US/JDM P13 or some basemapped p28. Some were even doubtful of my tuning knowledgeabilities and had second thoughts about wasting money to get a near stock h22 tuned.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
      Not on stock ride height cars. They make a HUGE difference.

Anyways. Get tuned already. You'll be amazed of how much better your car will run.

EVERY single h22 customer I've had has been nothing but impressed by my street/dyno tuning. They were running either US/JDM P13 or some basemapped p28. Some were even doubtful of my tuning knowledgeabilities and had second thoughts about wasting money to get a near stock h22 tuned.
      On lowered cars they are a waste, and if you think they are impressive, then you should try a solid one. I have done both, and from experience, one you deal with the solid, the others are nothing more than junk.

As for the tune, I agree. I think I kill at least 3 birds everytime I nail it. It is on the list, but I have to have money first, and there are a couple of other bigger priorities on the car at the moment. I will get it in due time, and I know it will help. I even have the P28 sitting here ready to go. I am going to take it Locash Racing when I finally do get it tuned.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yeah, they are a waste on lowered cars. Hence why I said on stock height cars they are awesome.

I think I'm going to make my own. I can probably get the material for damn close to free from a few sources. They won't be pretty, but it'll work. Band saw ftw.

Comment

Yeah, they are a waste on lowered cars. Hence why I said on stock height cars they are awesome.

I think I'm going to make my own. I can probably get the material for damn close to free from a few sources. They won't be pretty, but it'll work. Band saw ftw.
          LOL! Good luck with that. As long as the material is thick enough and the welds are good, you will be fine.

Comment

You didn't have any strut tower bars on your car yet? Wow. I imagine you're going to love those when they're in. All I need is the rear on mine, which I'm not too worried about. I have everything else.

I'm going to be on campus for like the 5th time this month (ERAU). My day job keeps me out there on service calls.

Comment

Waiting for your impressions on the bars

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                You didn't have any strut tower bars on your car yet? Wow. I imagine you're going to love those when they're in. All I need is the rear on mine, which I'm not too worried about. I have everything else.

I'm going to be on campus for like the 5th time this month (ERAU). My day job keeps me out there on service calls.
                I used to have a Neuspeed up front. I had to remove it when I swapped my car, so yes, I KNOW that I will love this bar.

What are you up to out there?

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                  Waiting for your impressions on the bars
                  It is going to be awhile. I am going to replace the brake booster, brake lines and prop valve first. I need the brake lines and have to decide what fluid I want. Hopefully, I will get those ordered in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

ESP.net rear bar installed.

Overall, the installation was easy. Took me about 15 minutes total, with one person, and having to "massage" it slightly with a hammer to get it to go into place.

Quality is superb, fitment was superb, and it seems REALLY stiff in the car. I will post driving impressions when I have some.

Comment

The rear bar made a HUGE difference.

I am absolutely amazed at how much of the chassis flex was coming from the rear, and I didn't even know it! It just felt like the whole car was quivering over really bad bumps, but much of it was the rear end. I even stiffened my shocks up 1 setting, and it is still a huge improvement.

I can't wait to get the front bar on, and then I think I am going to do the 8lb expanding foam in the frame rails to stiffen it up some more.

I think the 2 bars are going to eliminate about 90% of the chassis flex issues I was having though. Anybody with lowered suspension NEEDS these bars.

As for the handling, I haven't done any crazy handling yet, but the rear more obediently follows the front, there is less feeling of understeer, and the rear is much more predictable. Knowing how much taking the Neuspeed bar off messed up the handling response, I imagine AT LEAST as much of an improvement with the front bar.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                        The rear bar made a HUGE difference.

I am absolutely amazed at how much of the chassis flex was coming from the rear, and I didn't even know it! It just felt like the whole car was quivering over really bad bumps, but much of it was the rear end. I even stiffened my shocks up 1 setting, and it is still a huge improvement.

I can't wait to get the front bar on, and then I think I am going to do the 8lb expanding foam in the frame rails to stiffen it up some more.

I think the 2 bars are going to eliminate about 90% of the chassis flex issues I was having though. Anybody with lowered suspension NEEDS these bars.

As for the handling, I haven't done any crazy handling yet, but the rear more obediently follows the front, there is less feeling of understeer, and the rear is much more predictable. Knowing how much taking the Neuspeed bar off messed up the handling response, I imagine AT LEAST as much of an improvement with the front bar.
                        I know exactly what you mean.
                        I have the ESP 3-point up front and NOTHING in the rear!
                        Except the wimpy EX rear sway bar.
                        Sometimes i feel like the back end wants to kick out.
                        When the time is right i'll be upgrading to the 4-point rear

BTW. Im also rocking the 5th gen EX front sway @ 27mm vs. the stock CB 24mm

Comment

That's awesome. I'll see if I can make my own rear too Or I'll stop being a cheap ass and buy one.

You have a rear sway, right?

Comment

Make sure to let us know how the esp front bar compares to the neuspeed bar. I'm investing in one or the other soon, so I'd like to know your opinion since I know it will be fair and unbiased.
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                              I know exactly what you mean.
                              I have the ESP 3-point up front and NOTHING in the rear!
                              Except the wimpy EX rear sway bar.
                              Sometimes i feel like the back end wants to kick out.
                              When the time is right i'll be upgrading to the 4-point rear

BTW. Im also rocking the 5th gen EX front sway @ 27mm vs. the stock CB 24mm
                              You NEED the rear. I imagine the 4 point is better, but I wanted to keep the trunk useable, and 80% or more of the benefit should be there. Plus, I think with the foam, it should help offset the difference. Of course, if you did 4 point rear, and foam, well that would be good too.

And yes, the rear feels more planted, and it also feels more neutral handling wise. I KNOW the front bar is going to give me back what I have been lacking suspension wise since the swap. That is the ONLY thing I have regretted about the swap so far.

Also, I would say that you should try out the Progress or ST rear bar. That also contributed to a much more neutral rear end. The stock sway will load to a point, and then snap oversteer (learned that the hard way), but the Progress makes it much more predictable. I have thought about upgrading to the CD front sway, but I am afraid it will dial in some understeer.

I have been considering the Neuspeed Cup kit, which would give me more shock adjustability, and increase the spring rate to eliminate body roll. I just didn't want the race springs because of the ride height, and that would also allow me to keep approximately my same ride height now.

Comment

That's awesome. I'll see if I can make my own rear too Or I'll stop being a cheap ass and buy one.

You have a rear sway, right?
                                LOL!

Yes, I have the Progress rear sway, with shitty old stock bushings that are going to be replaced soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X