Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 1991 Accord Ex won't start I am new to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1991 Accord Ex won't start I am new to the forum

I have a 1991 ex, yesterday I got in the car and it wouldn't start :'( Just a bunch of clicking...however I got it jumped and it started right up,when I turned off the ignition it wouldn't start back up......we flipped the switch by the fuse door and it started....got in This morning it started right up once turned off it didn't start again......tested alternator and battery both are in working order......flipping the switch isn't working....I don't know what to try next...can anyone help a gir:banghead:l out ?????

2 wires go to the starter. 1 large one, this is bolted to it. it's a constant hot and a large cable. the other wire is a smaller one. it has a female spade terminal on it. it just "plugs" in. put a test light on the smaller wire while someone is turning your car to crank. this should be hot only when it "cranks". if this is hot, and your car isnt starting, smack the starter with a hammer. if this makes it start, then you need a new starter.

Comment

I'll have to try that when I have someone to help me :'( it has no problem starting usually...I was thinking electrical,a bad ground or something,reallllllly don't want it to be the starter :'( because yesterday All he did was flip the switch next to fuse door and it started right up Thank you

Comment

does it have a aftermarket car alarm? if so then that switch is supposed to make it so the car won't start.
        1991 Honda Accord 2DR LX 180,000 Miles RIP

Comment

Yes it does^^ when flipped yesterday it started....could it be staying engaged?? Causing me This issue because there is alot of clicking going on and Its trying to start itself...I use the remote start often, I thought maybe it was staying engaged causing the serges :/

Comment

Hows it going? Not sure if this is helpful or not.. but have you tried changing the main fuel relay under the dash? It's a big fuse that I have had to replace on my 92 Accord. I also had the same problem with a 90 Acura Legend. These fuses are a well known problem with 90's Hondas. If they go out, it will start, then not start. I learned the hard way. Good Luck!

Comment

You could try haveing the ignition module tested , if it test good then you could try the diy on the main relay if it still acts up I would check the starter soloiod . And if nothing eles could be your alarm . My 93 recently did the same it turned out it was the ignition module and the main relay need a little touch up , mine would start and drive fine until I shut it off for a short stop then it wouldn't restart. It did this several times the nothing, good luck hope you get it going .

Comment

If she is clicking, sounds like a starter related issue.
                I would get your starter checked asap.

It may be possible if wired incorrectly that your remote starter is causing an issue.
                Good luck.
                Current:
                2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Working...
                X