Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Pull?? DRIVE AXLES??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Pull?? DRIVE AXLES??

I have an F22a1 and am having trouble getting the axles off, any suggestions. Right now, I have the spring stretched completely down on the spindle and arm, Causing extreme tension on the axle,.. so I cant pull it.. First I think I need a "Spring Compressor" then should I pull the spring/shock?? Then Axle? Hit me up all.!!!

it should just wiggle out, and then you can pop it out of the tranny. I've always only taken off the lower ball joint when I went to do an axle, and I've done literally at least 5 of them in my cb7.

edit: after looking at the pictures, push up on the whole spindle assembely, and that will take the tension off of it and then you should be able to wiggle it out

Comment

Break loose the LBJ and it will come out 10x easier. By the looks of the pic yours is still connected.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Lbj??

Thanks for the Replys guys,... But Im not sure what the "LBJ" is,... Can I use a jack to get the Spindle Assm. disconnected? I read on here if you place a jack under the rotor and jack up, it pops out, thus (making it 10x's easier)? Cause, that spring is not letting me do NOTHING!! There is no movement underthere!
        I Dread suspension work the first time,...but usually after the first experience, it gets alot easier... I learned this with old school camaros,.. so its very different. Hit me up guys.. thanks

Comment

for future reference, you do not need to remove the shock fork from the lower control arm, LBJ= lower ball joint.

heres what you do, place the jack under the rotor and jack it up, be very carefull cause the rotor can turn causing the jack to slip and can cause injury. use this method here how to pop out lower ball joint
          once your done with that you can just slide the axle out and squeeze it threw the shock fork. if your going to reuse these axles be vary carefull not to rip the boot.

just slide the axle back into the knuckle and reconnect the shock fork to the lower control arm and you should be good to go. i just tried that trick for the first time when i swapped the motor in my moms cb7, i cant believe it worked soooo easy, last engine i tried pulling out i couldnt get the damm LBJ out i just disconnected the whole upper control arm and shock assembly. what a PITA. the rachet trick works wonders!

Comment

OR you can just take a big hammer and knock the shit out of the side of the lower ball joing aka the lbj. and it will come off. Dont use a pickle fork or whatever those things are called risk ripping the boot if used incorrectly.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Remember to replace your cotter pins after the swap. also new bolts/nuts is a good idea and cheak your bushings...
              after doing an A6 swap on my car some of the bushings went bad and .. .. ..

Comment

Boot is DEestroyed!!!

Ok, so it looks liike I "CHEWED" the boot to the axle connected to tranny. Should I buy a new one or use the one from the donor... Plus,....how do you disconnect the boot. *(Special tool needed)?? Also,... in order to put fork back on lower control arm,... do i need a compressor,.. cause there is way to much tension to do anything ,...OR,... do i disconnect LBJ FIRST???

Comment

Buy another remanufactured axle they come with lifetime warranties anyway.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

New Axles.. Check!

alright, I got that. I'll need new axles. When I get to pull them out from tranny side, i noticed there are like 3 sets of rings on end of axle rod. I have not gotten to pull them completely out so I am curious, are they loose, how do I handle it? And do the axles come out completely through bottom or move spindle and pull from side?

Comment

heres a post from the f22 removal guide:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...84&postcount=6

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                      X