Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

help with swap idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with swap idea?

i'm workin on a budget i have a 90 4 door 5 speed accord blown motor i dnt have enough for the h series swap i wanna do so i got motors on a budget lol i wud like to know what wud b better i have a choice between a f22a6? or a f22b1 sohc v-tech i know that the vtech is low compression and better for boosting but want sum ideas for someone low on a budget thanks

They have the same compression. The VTEC head flows like crap, so the F22A6 is far superior.

And it's VTEC, not vtech or v-tech.

Comment

Just curious what your budget is

I believe people underestimate how cheaply you can upgrade motors if you have to.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

the f22a head flows way better and the motor has low compression witch is great for boost. just get a f22a and slap a t3/t4 turbo on it then you'll have something that is faster then the h22. have you tried looking into a h23? they cost about the same as a f22a but has more horse power.

Comment

is the H23 a direct bolt on or do you still need a mount kit

Comment

frankenstein?

what if i took the f22 block and put a h23 head on it wud that be better?

Comment

Bolt in

The h22, f22a6, f20b, h23 are all direct bolt ins.

The f20b requires some extra considerations, but from what I have seen it isn't much extra. You can also reuse your f22 transmission if it is still in good shape.

Depending on where you are getting it, the h23 is not much cheaper then the h22 or f20b

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

JDM F22b DOHC, H23a DOHC, F20a DOHC are all cheap bolt ins that offer some sort of performance gain. I have looked into these because I was in the same boat you were. I personally chose the F20a because it was the cheapest and I liked the design specs of the bottom end. Also, because it was a motor that came in our cars in japan and I'm staying in the accord family. I know he other engines i listed make more horsepower and torque but hp and tq numbers aren't everything. I have my own specific reasons for choosing this motor but i thought i'd give you my .02 cents on everything. i like the DOHC non vtec motors because thats just my taste. good luck on whatever you decide to go with.

jdmtigerjapanese.com

check these guys out. im getting my motor from here. i know alot of people have their opinions about tiger but when i get mine i am having a friend and member on this forum Cisco aka HondaFan81 do a full inspection of the motor and replace every seal and gasket and also timing belt, waterpump, etc. balance shaft delete, etc. on it before i even consider putting it in my car. so i will be set.
                Last edited by Pazzword JDM; 11-21-2009, 01:20 PM.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

I purchased a F22A6 for $350 had 190 comp. and only 91,000 on engine. Purchased pt6 for $50 and h23 intake (minus throttle body) $49. I personally like the f22a1/4/6 myself.
                  Last edited by kirk90; 11-21-2009, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Don't say F22xx... The F22A1/4/6 (and other non-US engines related to them) are significantly different, and superior, in head design to the F22B1/2.

Comment

frankenstein idea?

ya i was wantin to do a frankenstein like i did on my prelude had a f22b2 with a h22 intake was wantin to do summtim of that nature like the f22a6 with h22 h23 intake on it can u chip f22a comp's cuz i know a place where i can get it chipped? if not what typwe of comp u recomend running to it?

Comment

I can barely understand you... I THINK you're asking about ECU chipping, so I'll say something on that. If that's not what you're asking, then please clarify.

The F22A's PT3 and PT6 ECUs cannot be properly modified. You can alter some things, but overall, most Accord and Prelude ECUs are considered non-chippable. You'd be best using a P06 ECU for non-VTEC motors, and a P28 for VTEC motors (look them up... I'm not spoon feeding you to tell you which cars they come in).

Getting an ECU "chipped" is minor. You can do that yourself if you're even slightly retarded with a soldering iron. Tuning it for YOUR car is what takes lots of knowledge. You can't just slap in a generic chip and expect it to run properly.

Comment

can i put a h22 headon a f22a1 block cause of the h22 bein dohc nad the f22 bein sohc?

Comment

Jesus Christ... type like you have a brain, please.

Yes, you can do it. No, it's not a good idea. You'll end up with a low compression motor that isn't designed to rev as high as the H22 head would need to make power. The F22A head has the ability to outflow the H22 head anyway.

Comment

more ideas

ok decidedto go with the f22a6 for my car now to the main got 3 computer's a pt3 the pt6 and a po6 what wud i gain out of any of them any potential? i also was given a turbo came off a dieasel i dont know much about puttn those on hondas? its a holest hx35w any ideas well thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X