No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the compliment thepowderblue.

I think the reason has something to do with the condenser honestly. It doesn't over heat when moving. But in stop and go traffic the temps will start to slowly creep up. Once on the highway there are no issues even with the A/C on. It might be the quality of the fans I'm using as well. I'm going to buy a Spal fan here soon to be the condenser fan. Thinking I might have to upgrade the main fan as well. It's not like I didn't put any effort into resolving the issue, I wish one of the solutions I had come up with had kept the damn thing cool.
    Last edited by Rilas; 01-30-2019, 04:45 PM.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I’m thinking of getting a nicer 92-96 prelude radiator. Then modifying what I have to, to make it fit. Along with a shroud and nicer fans. There’s no way I’m getting rid of my ac either. I think if you keep ac. It’s a full size rad with two fans or else lol.
      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Seeing this pics makes me miss the PNW. Maybe I will get back up there. Lola is looking good Will. It has to be the condenser, because I can run a half radiator all day and not have issues.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I think it has to be the condenser. Rob in the white wagon, also has a Civic radiator and the A/C. On our trip to the Oregon coast, even his car was starting to overheat. So I seriously think it's the condenser blocking enough air flow to keep the coolant at steady temps.

Comment

Alright guys and gals, here is the September update.

Junkyard Run 1 (Lucked out and found a grey wagon center console, in the first Accord in the yard. Also lucked out and found a set of '90-'91 fog lights on a SE at the second yard. I've never even seen a set of fog lights in the junkyard ever.)

Junkyard Run 2 (Some of these switches are for future projects.)

Old Lola Roof Repair (Granted I still need to do the section closest to the sun roof, the main damage is now fixed. This is the reason I bought a new car. I have a feeling this fix might eventually break out as the first dent was massive. I now have a slide hammer and can pull the metal out a bit and repair it properly, instead of patching this gaping hole. There is a slight weirdness to the feel of the roofline here, as I obviously messed the bondo up a bit somehow. You can't see it, but can feel it in one spot. This took a lot of patching and sanding to finally get the shape of the roof correct. The pictures don't do the amount of work put into it justice.)

Wiper Arm for Lola (The plastic flapper on Lola was loose and would rattle sometimes. This would drive me nuts. Also old Lola needed a set of wipers, so I got Lola a very nice set and painted them. Then putting the ones from Lola onto old Lola. I need to get a finished shot of these.)

Evening Drive

1995 Honda Prelude SI 4WS Rear End (Finally, one is coming home with me!)

Lola 1

Lola 2 (Here you can see all the damage done to the passenger side of the car. Dent in rear quarter panel, 2 dents in the door, one from me falling on it, and the dent in the fender.)

Lola 3

Lola 4

4WS ECU

4WS Subframe and Motor (I have measured the Prelude and Accord rear subframe bolt holes. I was seriously hoping at least the rear subframe would bolt up. If it would have, this mod wouldn't have been all that hard. For now the parts are getting put away for the time being. After getting moved to the farm, I will have more tools available to myself and a good friend to help me do this. So a few years down the road, but finding the donor car, took me far longer.)

4WS Steering Angle Sensor (I'm sure some of you may have thought that I forgot about this piece. It will bolt right into our rack in the stock location for the tension adjuster. I have talked to the machine shop, about cutting the groove in my rack for this. They can do it, which means this project is 100% possible. I just need to do some testing with the rear end on the table to see how it all works in practice. I also took the entire harness that carries any of the wiring for the 4WS system.)

Gas Tank Removed (This was a bit of a two fold project. The bottom of the entire tank was covered in the oil/dirt residue that the rest of the bottom of the car was covered in. I took the time to scrub all of it off. What a pain in the ass that is. The second part is to finally install the Walbro pump that has been sitting on the shelf for around a year.)

Should have October uploaded in the next day or two as well guys. Thanks for stopping by.
            Last edited by Rilas; 01-30-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Alright guys, here is October's pictures.

Walbro Fuel Pump Assembly

Gas Tank Housing 1 (The lower edges of the entire area were covered in the dirt/oil paste.)

Gas Tank Housing 2 (Here you can cleary see the oil residue I was cleaning up. Eventually I want to get the lines cleaned as well as the areas under them. Eventually the entire underbody will be cleaned. I'm about 80% of the way there now.)

Gas Tank Housing 3 (Even the heatshield needs to come down and get cleaned up at some point. Also think I need to replace that gasket in the exhaust. It's been quite a few years.)

Gas Tank Fully Prepped with Walbro Fuel Pump

Gas Tank Painted (4 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint later. Looks like she is finally ready to be installed in the car. When cleaning the oil residue off I cut all the way down to the bare metal in a few spots. If this had not occured I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to clean it up as much as I had to.)

Full Size Aluminum Radiator

Full Size Aluminum Radiator (This is with the shroud on and both fans. The fan is smashed into the header. This needed to get figured out before I ran the car. It is also sitting too high, due to resting on the 3rd radiator mount I welded in.)

3rd Radiator Foot Removed (Here is the end result. I just found some teal Chevy paint to get it protected from rust. Not a perfect match, but it's in a place no one can see for the time being. Eventually the bay is getting redone.)

Shroud and 1 Fan (This will prevent the rubbing on the header. I need to figure out a solution for a condenser fan. Eventually I'm going to come up with a better mount than the fan shroud.)

H22A4 Aluminum Oil Pan (I have a picture of it. Figured most of you haven't actually seen one of these. Also I had to remove it due to thinking I damaged the threads. It turns out I actually cracked my Fumoto oil drain valve extension. So I took the pan off for no reason. It is fully Hondabonded on and royal bitch to get to break loose.)

H22A4 Stiffener Plate

H22A4 Stiffener Plate on Transmission Housing (This will at least give you an idea of what this plate actually does. It ties the alumunum oil pan and the transmission casing together.)

Wavetrac LSD Arrived!!!! (Granted I need to get a few things from Synchrotech before I get this baby installed. Super stoked about this. Will make such a huge improvement in autocross this upcoming season.)

Custom Lip 1 (So that 1 chip is all that I have sustained in a year of driving the car. It only chipped because I caught the lip on some rebar and had to backup and sort of yank it off. It pulled the side of the bumper off the clips when it pulled off the rebar. It's a hell of a lot more durable than I gave it credit for.)

Custom Lip 2 (Here you can see how on the sides it flares back out.)

JDM Fog Light Housing (I got this from Nick. It clearly needs some love before it can go on the car. I've had these for over a year now I believe. Time to get my ass in gear and get something done with them.)

Alright guys, another day or two and November should be uploaded. I'm slowly getting caught up, and it's rough to get so far behind. I'm going to attempt to not let this happen again. Then again, I never know what life is going to throw my way.
              Last edited by Rilas; 02-02-2019, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Nice updates. Do you think that transmission stiffener bracket support does much?

Comment

Thanks Raf!

I believe it has to do something to stiffen up the engine/transmission connection or Honda wouldn't have designed it. They would have just thrown a cover plate over the flywheel/flexplate like they did on all the previous H/F series engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    Thanks Raf!

I believe it has to do something to stiffen up the engine/transmission connection or Honda wouldn't have designed it. They would have just thrown a cover plate over the flywheel/flexplate like they did on all the previous H/F series engines.
                    Ya.... maybe I should get one of these ..... Looks like $100 on ebay

Comment

Do you have the aluminum oil pan? If you don't it won't work for you. It bolts into the oil pan in 3-4 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                        Do you have the aluminum oil pan? If you don't it won't work for you. It bolts into the oil pan in 3-4 spots.
                        I am running OEM steel pan...

Comment

November CB7 MRT Update
                          Alright guys I'm still failing with getting caught up. I've still been taking pictures and recording everything in my maintenance log. Here is what was going on in November.

I've been leary of how my power cable has been passing through the firewall for sometime now. I started looking into some solutions for this problem. I finally settled on the following items which you will see in the following pictues. These are somewhat out of order chronologically but they show the layout in way that shows forward progression always.

0 Gauge Copper Lugs

Heat shrink for all future projects

Cabling materials and tools

Fastronix Bulkhead size comparison

Bulkhead installed in firewall

Bulkhead inside cabin

Power cable attached in cabin

Power cable to starter

Battery cable

Dual grounds to battery

Installed the negative battery cable and bulkhead

Swapped positive and negative bulkhead fittings

Battery cables from the firewall to engine

Negative battery cable to transmission housing

Negative battery cable to transmission housing with boot

Transmission housing to chassis ground

Assembled view from above (Trying to show that these will pretty much be hidden unless you are intentionally looking for them.)

I got these from a friend for $40. I only got 3 of them as the 4th one had some massive curb rash. I'm going to buy a 4th new one and use these on the Acura TL for this summer. I'll see if the skinnier tires can hold the power of the 3.2 liter in it.

Wheels for 2004 Acura TL

Test fitting wheels on 2004 Acura TL

Parts for the 5 lug swap.

2000 Accord V6 Front Knuckles and 5th gen Prelude rear hubs

5th gen Prelude rear hubs

ARP Extended Wheel Studs for 5 lug swap and extended lug nuts

Fog light housing repair so I can finally have fog lights on my car.

Fog light reflector rust

Fog light reflector rust damage from the front (I wire brushed this with a bronze brush a bit at this point.)

Fog light housing hole

Fog light housing inside patch

Fog light housing outside patch

Fog light alignment post

Fog light housing assembled

Fog light repaired

Fog light patch and alignment post material

Exhaust scavaging project. If you don't know much about this it's worth at least reading about to learn another way to help mitigate crank case pressure buildup.

Exhaust scavaging fitting (This was expensive for what it is. It came from Austrailia, and was the only one I could find that had AN threads instead of NTP.)

Exhaust scavaging on pipe (This is installed into the downpipe of the exhaust. It will create a vacuum that will draw pressure from the crank case.)

F23 Water Neck (It's straight and aluminum. The one that came on my F23A1 was actually plastic. I figured this was an upgrade as the aluminum won't ever randomly break.)

Harbor Freight Ultra Sonic Cleaner

Bolts cleaned by ultra sonic cleaner (I've spent so much time cleaning small parts and bolts, that I got fed up with it and purchased a ultra sonic cleaner. I can't even tell you guys how much I love this thing. After a few cycles all of the oil/dirt on the stuff is all cleaned off.)

More cleaned up bolts

I've been trying to figure out a header solution for the F23A. While this isn't the best solution because it's a 4-1 merge it's going to have to work for now. The other options are to modify another H22 header, but this time to fit the F23A. I can't find a flange for the F23 head so that option isn't on the table for now. I might be able to get a flange made as a one off in the future. For now though this is going to be what the header is.

Cusco F23A Header

Cusco F23A Downpipe

Cusco F23A header collector

Comment

Well now I got some pictures to follow for running my battery cables. I need to buy the caps that go on the studs also
                            5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I just went through all my crap and found my f23 flamge if you're interested still. I barely get on here aymore, but shoot me an email beanscen@ gmail. Com

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

December Update Guys!

Beginning of the 5 Lug Swap on the Rear

Prelude Wheel Bearing and Hub with Prelude nut (Not even remotely possible to stake the nut in place.)

Accord Rear Spindle Stripped (I attempted to tighten the nut a bit more in hopes of maybe staking it.)

Prelude Rear Spindle Nut Stripped

Accord Knuckle with Rusted in Bolt (I really dislike cutting this stuff out.)

Accord Knuckle from the Junkyard

Accord Knuckle with Lower Shock Bushing Replaced

Accord Knuck Re-installed

5 Lug Rear Finished 1 (Accord knuckle, Prelude wheel bearing and hub, Accord spindle nut.)

5 Lug Rear Finished 2

5 Lug Rear Finger Gap

5 Lug Rear Finger Gap (Front passenger side of the car is jacked up, compressing this side of the suspension.)

5 Lug Rear Poke 1

5 Lug Rear Poke 2

Acura TL A-Spec Wheels with 315/40 R18 Tires (Rubs the knuckle as you can see. The wheels need a bit skinner tires on them and they would be fine.)

Accord OEM Front Dust Shields

VIS Invader Carbon Fiber Hood 1

VIS Invader Carbon Fiber Hood 2 (The clear has a ton of UV discoloration and cracking. Hoping I can get this fixed up. I paid a whopping $50 for this thing, pretty stoked about it.)

Fog Light Reflector Sanded Rust Off

Fog Light Reflector Painted with Chrome Paint

Fog Light Finally Assembled!

JDM F22B DOHC Fuel Rail with Rosko Racing Euro R Fuel Rail Adapter 1 (The oem rail was flipped end for end and rolled apropriately to fit the injectors.)

JDM F22B DOHC Fuel Rail with Rosko Racing Euro R Fuel Rail Adapter 2

JDM F22B DOHC Fuel Rail with Rosko Racing Euro R Fuel Rail Adapter 3

JDM F22B DOHC Fuel Rail with Rosko Racing Euro R Fuel Rail Adapter 4

I'm really going to get my ass in gear and get the following months updated and seriously keep up on this thing! For real this time!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X