Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4-2-1 headers question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-2-1 headers question?

Ive ordered the 4-2-1 headers threw slickcar.com and was wondering if I can get info on going about this?.. I just want it to sound nice with a little bit more horsepower but I don't have money to put a whole new exhaust system on around this time. I was wondering if it will fit my stock exhaust?. Thanx for any advice and help can get.

Depending on the header, it should fit. You won't see much of a gain with a stock exhaust, though. In fact, you really won't see much of a gain regardless. The cheaper headers really don't do all that much.

Comment

Thanx.. What kind of headers would you suggest and exhaust system?

Comment

Header. You only have one.

It depends on your goals. Really, the only header that makes any real power on the F22A is the Bisimoto header, and that's pricey (and is known to have fitment issues.) Adding a larger collector to a cheap header can result in some gains, but that ends up being fairly expensive as well.
        As for exhaust, any quality brand would work well. You have to decide if you want maximum performance (usually loud), or a nice sound (quieter, but you sacrifice some power.) A'PEXi makes very good systems, as do RS*R and GReddy.

Comment

Thanx man I appreciate the help will look into the more reliable parts.. And the parts I will gain the most out of.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Depending on the header, it should fit. You won't see much of a gain with a stock exhaust, though. In fact, you really won't see much of a gain regardless. The cheaper headers really don't do all that much.
            as dev said the cheap header's like you find on ebay arnt gonna gain you much hp. but i can say that i got one recently to replace my stock one as the mid pipe rusted out and it was cheaper than just a midpipe from autozone and a good thing i did the header and midpipe as the stock header was cracked. I had no fitment issues and it sounds good little deeper tone imo kinda like a small import v6 i like it and the rest of my exhaust is stock for right now but if anything else rusts out im going to get a 2.5 cat back system made and a magnaflow highflow cat

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Header. You only have one.

It depends on your goals. Really, the only header that makes any real power on the F22A is the Bisimoto header, and that's pricey (and is known to have fitment issues.) Adding a larger collector to a cheap header can result in some gains, but that ends up being fairly expensive as well.
              As for exhaust, any quality brand would work well. You have to decide if you want maximum performance (usually loud), or a nice sound (quieter, but you sacrifice some power.) A'PEXi makes very good systems, as do RS*R and GReddy.
              If you're strapped for cash but want to change your header from the original, what would be a good suggestion then? I realize that this answer may end up being an open one, but if you say that the above headers has problems along with them being pricey, what other alternatives are there? eBay stuff = no gains, quality headers = lotsa money, little money + increase in hp = ?

Any suggestions?
              Last edited by Accord1320; 05-27-2013, 02:57 AM.

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
              Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Bisimoto = the only header for the F22A that provides any real gain. Generic design with 2.5" collector provides decent gains, but costs nearly as much as a Bisimoto header (and the gains aren't as significant.) Any other header = minimal gains (single digit whp.)

Comment

I would hope a generic header with a 2.5" collector would not be as much as a bisi header. This is a generic header (or I should say downpipe) with a piece of 2.5" pipe crimped and welded on. Granted I had a friend tig weld it on for free, but I can't see an exhaust shop charging that much. I honestly don't have a clue on what brand the header is though (was told it is an OBX header) but it looks to be the same as all the other generic stainless headers out there.

Last edited by RUGER 2.2L; 05-27-2013, 03:55 AM.

Comment

It depends on what header you use, and what collector you use. A DC Sports header with a Burns Stainless collector, welded on by a shop that charges full price... that's going to cost nearly as much as the Bisimoto header group buy, if not more.

Comment

Fair enough. You definitely have a point. And in that case you would have spent as much as you could have for a header that would probably produce double the gains as the generic with a 2.5" collector.

Comment

Ive heard of some good gains from an f22a4 header with 2.5 inch downpipe collector mod

Comment

The A4 header is pretty damn close to the generic pieces found on ebay. The primaries may be a bit wider on the generic "performance" headers, though. BUT, the build quality of the stock A4 piece is unparalleled among those cheapies.

Comment

I ran a generic eBay piece with a 2.5" collector mod like the one above for years. Never cracked or leaked on me, and made good power with it too. Doubt I had $200 invested in the whole thing including labor. Like ^ that guy said though, you'll need a full exhaust and other supporting mods with it if you expect any gains.

10.2:1 F-series, 417whp, 398lb/ft Single-Cam on pump gas

Comment

Working...
                            X