Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

17x9s? koni orange+neuspeed sport springs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17x9s? koni orange+neuspeed sport springs..

i want to get 17x9 and get some nice stretch tires on them what is the biggest i can fit?? i do not have rolled fenders and my suspension in koni orange with neuspeed sport springs.. want to go with the widest tire possible without rubbing on turns please tell me how or what size will fit this description

forgot to ask what max offset i can fit

Comment

I've had 17x7.5 wheels with a +42 offset and they rubbed at full lock. 9" wide will rub when turning, or it'll rub on the fender, depending on the offset.

I'd go with a narrower wheel, and a tire that fits properly. Stretching tires is dangerous, and a stretched tire that comes unseated will put you upside down and on fire in a ditch real quick.
      +38-+42 offset is where you want to be.

And please use the edit button if you have something to add. Otherwise, you'll find your post count reset to 0.

Comment

i dont mean like the super stupid stretch like all the civics i just mean a nice small stretch and im going to roll the fenders and probly go with 17x8 with, what size tire??

Comment

With 17's and 9 inch wides you'll have to either stretch your tires pretty far, roll your fenders or pull them, either that or camber them out.

And for tire sizes check out http://tyrestretch.com

Comment

Try a 215/45/17... 205/45/17 if you want more of a stretch, but that might be pushing it. I had 215s on my 7.5" width wheels.
            8" is good. You may not need to roll with 8". I wouldn't even bother with 9". It's been done, but there's really no point to it. It'll just end up being more hassle and expense than necessary, for next to no benefit. It's not THAT big a deal that people will spend more than 5 seconds admiring it.

Comment

reason i want bigger tires so i can grab more im on 11.1:1 bisi rods and pistons with 100shot i like the stretch look and im thinking 225-235 might still look slightly stretched but not sure if they'll rub and ill b getting front and rear camber kits shortly to try to keep my tire wear even because i hate the inner wall tire wear it makes me have to buy new tires in half the time of a properly aligned tire

Comment

If I were you, I'd do a LOT more research before you buy anything at all...

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=33110&page=26

scroll through that page, give you an idea of what offsets for a 9" wide wheel.
                  Your car is probably higher than the two on that page though.
                  Last edited by 90ACCORDLXGUY; 10-11-2012, 11:27 PM.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

im running a 205/45 on a 17x8 wheel and its a nice stretch. not too wild. also had to roll my fenders.

if you really want to go with a 17x9, i would suggest a 215 tire and you would still probably have to roll your fenders and maybe even camber your wheels for clearance depending on how low you go
                    Last edited by PhatAccord; 10-12-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

What offset are you running?

Keep in mind that rolling fenders in areas of the country that have issues with rust can have some serious consequences. OP, you don't say where you're from, so if you're from the NorthEast, don't even consider it.
                      Also, if you get really wide wheels running stretched tires and a fair amount of negative camber, you'll practically be driving on the inner sidewall. That's a crash waiting to happen. All those pretty cars you see in magazines are usually rarely driven project cars, not daily drivers... at least not in magazine-photoshoot mode.

Comment

i know with stock suspension and 17 x 7s with 205 50s and i had to roll my rear fenders so i wouldnt rub and im pretty sure im +38

Comment

Really? I wouldn't think you'd need to roll with stock suspension and that size/offset... that's damn near what I had, even a bit more mild, and I was running those wheels lowered. Keep in mind that your wheels DO camber in as the suspension compresses.
                          Still, as long as rolling the fenders isn't going to create an ugly ripple, or drastically increase the risk of rust, there's no harm in doing it as a preventative measure.

Comment

im in Naples FL and im going to roll the fenders and my suspension will stay as is and im gonna do 17x9 in the rear and 17x8 in the front with 215~ 45s should be nice am i right?? and yes camber kits to correct such negative camber

Comment

I'm running 17 x 8 +42, 2005 Acura Tl wheels. I have 215/45/17 and I rub in the front very mildly, not the rear (no fender roll). I am dropped about 3.0" as well. Camber number are -1.2 in the front and I think -0.8 in the rear. I have to double check. When I install my new coilovers, I'm going to run 17 x 9 +32 or so in the rear, and 17 x 8 in the front. I'll let you know how it turns out. Body work will be properly done of course.
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X