H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second pair of tires arrived today.

Nice stack of tires. Should last a good while. Should ride and drive quite a bit better.

Comment

The springs have already settled quite a bit. This thing rides and drives much better. I'm very pleased. The struts probably won't last long but that's ok. The spring being broke on the passenger side was the big thing. Keeping it from being properly aligned mainly.

I'm going to take it to an alignment and tire shop later this week. Thursday or Friday.

Pretty excited to see how it drives.

Then, onto fix the fuel leak and maybe the exhaust. Might put a catback on it. Aftermarket eBay. And put a normal looking muffler on it. I've replaced the downpipe with a Bosal. Maybe the cat's got some rust holes in it. Idk. If so I'll throw a Magnaflow direct fit catalytic converter on it and a catback with a nice somewhat stock looking dual tip OBX or something.

Comment

Windshield got cracked a few weeks back. Sitting under I380 a rock came down and hit it right in the middle about 3 inches above the clock. Put a few cracks in it.

Took it to Safelite yesterday. $225 out the door. Not bad.

Comment

Love watching this thread, and I think a burnout video is a must!

Those Kuhmos are a great choice. I put the "Estcas" all seasons on my CB and I'm pretty impressed with them.
          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
            Love watching this thread, and I think a burnout video is a must!

Those Kuhmos are a great choice. I put the "Estcas" all seasons on my CB and I'm pretty impressed with them.
            Lol ok. Towards the end of this coming week I'll do a burnout video. I'll make it a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
              Windshield got cracked a few weeks back. Sitting under I380 a rock came down and hit it right in the middle about 3 inches above the clock. Put a few cracks in it.

Took it to Safelite yesterday. $225 out the door. Not bad.

I usually have a dude drive down to my job and install it while im at work, under $100.

I was gonna get me some of them TA11 this week but we only had 1 and my wife's tires were separating on the sidewall so i went by what was at hand.
              [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                I usually have a dude drive down to my job and install it while im at work, under $100.

I was gonna get me some of them TA11 this week but we only had 1 and my wife's tires were separating on the sidewall so i went by what was at hand.
                I used to know someone in Missouri who could do it for about that. Just an individual. Not a business or anything. I don't know anyone up here though.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                  I used to know someone in Missouri who could do it for about that. Just an individual. Not a business or anything. I don't know anyone up here though.
                  My other source would do it for the same price except that I was required to take the car to them, this guy actually comes to me which saves me having to schedule things around; instead it gets done as I am out making money to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                    My other source would do it for the same price except that I was required to take the car to them, this guy actually comes to me which saves me having to schedule things around; instead it gets done as I am out making money to pay for it.
                    Not a bad way to look at it.

Comment

A new windshield is soooooo nice. Just occurred to me it should be considered one of the best mods on a 25 year old car.
                      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
                        A new windshield is soooooo nice. Just occurred to me it should be considered one of the best mods on a 25 year old car.
                        You have no idea the difference that it makes, all those small nicks make a huge difference in the quality of picture you get when you are looking thru it.

Comment

I still haven't got this thing aligned or the new tires on it yet. I've been slacking.

I need to. I was going to have it done Thursday but the shop I called said $25 per tire mounting and balancing plus $3 tire disposal!

Comment

Wal-Mart is $12 and Firestone is $10 where I'm at. Disposal is usually $2.50-3 per tire. I'm sure there are shop fees of a couple of bucks on top of that, but likely not too bad.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I'll just take it to Walmart and have the alignment done somewhere else.

Comment

Picked up a set of factory replacement corner lights from Rock Auto. $18.23 shipped.

Should clean up the look a bit. Current ones are broke and not in very good shape. One has a broken lens.

Comment

Working...
                                X