LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    yeah I've linked up with him on FB, but I think he's got a new girlfriend and project car (dodge neon r/t) now, so its hard to meet up with him lol
    Yeah I saw. I was really hoping he'd go all out and just finish the Accord already haha
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I almost had a catastrophic scare about two weeks back when driving on the freeway. All of a sudden, I smelled the strong scent of fuel coming through the vents. It was getting stronger and stronger every second.

About 30 seconds later, luckily I was in the exit lane, my car started sputtering and the engine was starving for fuel and choking. Quickly put it into neutral and was able to coast up the on ramp and get off into the first residential street.

Found out my fuel rail studs, all three of them had somehow snapped and my #4 fuel injector was popped out of the rail spewing fuel all over my hot engine. When I opened the hood, fumes were coming out, so I quickly dumped my entire water bottle on the fuel rail and cooled it down. Luckily nothing happened and I eventually had to ziptie the fuel rail to the intake manifold and limp it home to spare me the $175 tow home.

I originally wanted to drill out the studs with a left hand drill bit, only the center one came out easy the outer two I ended up walking the bit and drilling at a wrong angle, so I said fuck it and bored it out with a 17/64 bit and retapped and helicoiled.

I also took the opportunity to bore out the manifold hole to 68mm to match my throttle body since it had that step in it that was creating turbulence. I notice more midrange torque and a smoother throttle application now, so I should see better gas mileage too.

ziptied to limp it home

Manifold off, figuring out how to drill, tap and helicoil it

Manifold back in with the throttle body port matched and enlarged to 68mm from 66mm
      Last edited by Losiracer2; 09-04-2017, 05:32 AM.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Yikes man! Glad nothing happened though. Did you use Loctite or maybe a higher rated stud?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
          Yikes man! Glad nothing happened though. Did you use Loctite or maybe a higher rated stud?
          Nope, I ended up just using the same factory studs. Once tightened, they're holding pretty good. I just drove to the Eibach Midwest Honda/Acura meet from Canton, MI to Marysville, OH and back and the car performed flawlessly. I also did my very first autox event the week before, so if that didn't test it, then nothing will.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Did my first AutoX event last weekend! It was so much fun!

Here's some pics:

^^^kept it in first gear the entire time for the first two laps...yeah kinda not good bouncing off the 8k RPM rev limiter lol, then I finally shifted to second for the other runs.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 10-01-2017, 10:07 PM.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

This looks like a very exciting time. I haven't done an autocross ever, but this could be inspiring.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Autocross is so much fun. I can't wait to go to my next event. It's also food for shaking down the car and getting an idea of how the car handles at the limits. How'd you ems up doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                  Autocross is so much fun. I can't wait to go to my next event. It's also food for shaking down the car and getting an idea of how the car handles at the limits. How'd you ems up doing?
                  I think I did 81/157 that day. Tires were my limiting factor for sure. My Yokohama YK580s were squirming like crazy. I need some Pilot Supersports or something sticky next time.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Car looking good brother.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Photoshoot in Toledo, OH after Cars and Coffee

A cowoker's friend of mine got a new Audi S5 6MT, so we decided to make a photoshoot out of it after a cars and coffee event.

Here's the pics taken by one of his friends with a nice camera:

2016 V6 6MT Coupe, with about 296whp and the LED touring headlights, probably keeps up with the S5

Buddy Club BBK on the front

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

What year is that black Accord?
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                          What year is that black Accord?
                          2016 V6 6spd coupe

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Charged my AC with R12, Mounted New Michelin Pilot Super Sports and Historic Plates!

I found these brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on FB marketplace for basically half price and I couldn't pass on that deal. They're sized 205/45/17 but they look just as beefy and wide as my 215/45/17 Yokohama all seasons. I can't believe what I was missing after riding on all season tires, the amount of grip these Supersports have is AMAZING! I'm now speed rated up to 186mph!

I'm set for AutoX sessions now and can't wait to post better lap times and actually compete now.

I got Historic plates! Finally my car is 25 years old and qualifies! These AZ Historic plates are made of copper and weigh 3x as much as the crappy tin ones you normally get.

Also charged my AC with a can of good old R12. After 5 yrs of AZ driving, with running the AC constantly in the summers, my car was running low and blowing slightly warm at only 10psi vs. the 30psi it should be at.

After adding a can, its blowing nice and cold at 40 degrees at the vents on a hot humid 90-95 degree summer day here in MI.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 07-20-2018, 01:02 AM.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Nice find on the tires! Still my favorite tire. Forgiving on the street, decent noise and MPG and I even did a winter in them with no issues.

I think you can probably find good deals on them because they are being replaced by the Pilot Sport 4 or something.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Ya man, wait till you try expensive tires! Night and day! Looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X