Why MTV doesn't play music videos anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    Nothing wrong with being young at heart...

BTW MTV BLOWS! It has been going down hill since the late 90s. Damn reality TV shows and disposable stars.
    I'd say closer to the last 10 years. I started watching it and getting into it summer of '96 and it was still plenty of music. Somewhere around the 2001-2002 mark is when it really started showing less music and more crap.

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
    I blame " The real world".
    As mentioned above, I gotta peg the downfall to 01-02. By that time Real World had been in for 10 years; Road Rules for 7. IDK why they decided to start showing less music and more reality. I remember, as a child, in the early 90s, that's all that was on. Music, music shows, and late night stuff like Aeon Flux, Liquid Television and Beavis and Butt-Head.

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
    they do play music videos. its not on mtv, mtv2. its on mtvu and mtv jams. they started to make money and they branched off. nothing wrong with that i say
    No but why mess with the original? Mtv is a pinnacle being in society. Or at least it used to be. It started off nothing but music. 24/7. Then it slowly added shows over the years. People wanted more music and less tv so they came out with mtv2. And it became the all-music station then it started showing reruns and syndicated episodes so out came mtvu and mtv jams, etc. They need to revamp the whole channel system put 24/7 music back on mtv. Cram the shows on mtv2 and disperse everything else over the other channels accordingly. The only problem I see with this though is that the demographic wants reality, not music. And since mtv is part of your basic cable package and the others cost additional money, people will mad they have to pay for what they want.

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    All they show now is that stupid Teen Mom crap and Jersey Shore....looks like they'll be no more of that after that hurricane.

Don't they have an MTV2 that does videos still?
    Jersey Shore is in its last season, ironically. Teen Mom is still going though. As stated above, mtv2 still plays videos but it's mostly old reruns and syndications.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Beavis and Butthead FTMFW!!!

Comment

Right?!? But now it's can be had on DVD. You, as an adult, can watch it whenever you want. Why do you need to see it on their channel?

See how that works?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

New episodes of B&B don't even show on MusiclessTV. I think it's on AMC or Spike channel now... They lost out by not bringing it back to MTV in my opinion.

Comment

I agree. Beavis and Butthead for the mutha fuckin win! Why not push all the reality TV bullshit to channels like MTV2 and leave the original for what it started out as? I know why, it's gone Hollywood, or something!

Comment

Beavis and Butt-Head are on a different channel?!? Since when??? I remember earlier this year or last year there was like one season but it was on mtv.

Comment

My mistake. I don't watch much TV. It was on MTV, you are correct.

Comment

Working...
                X