Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

White Trash the 1993 Honda Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Trash the 1993 Honda Accord

I bought this car in November of 2017 for $200 from a family on the mountain in West Virginia known as Shannondale. The Car has went through 3 teenage boys and has been through ALOT. When I bought it the paint was original black but faded and the body had major scratches and dents all over it. The area behind the drivers side back door was caved in, the drivers door was replaced with a blue door as well as a rusty fender due to a wreck so bad the old door had to be cut off via the inside where the latch bolts on. The back door had wedges holding the window up. The hood was dented and had a broken latch. The brakes were filled with air instead of fluid. The interior was trashed and the dash stereo area had been ripped out completely with an aftermarket radio sitting in the back of the dash loose. The trunk looked like a swamp with the spare tire completely buried in mud and water.

I drove the car home with after putting in brake fluid. I later bought front end parts and replaced one dented fender and the hood as well as the latch. I had the tires replaced and installed new window motors for the drivers side. The entire interior was gutted and restored as best as possible.

I later bought a parts 91 EX with a tan interior and green exterior for $300. It had no title and ran but ran terribly and most of the wiring harnesses had been chewed through and the car seemed to have sat in water at one point. The only thing I used off of it was the black drivers side door and some other small parts like the rear speaker housings.

When it came to painting the car I went with black like the car already was and spray can painted the entire car due to not having money to take it somewhere. It wasn't terrible seeing as how it improved the car a bit. It was repainted twice before I realized black spray paint shows a ton of blemishes and wear. So I went with white. It was painted twice again and clear coated. I removed the plastic door trim and filled it and painted it. I also used the hub caps off the EX and painted them white. The car went through a period of sitting and use as a parts car for my wagon that later broke down and then now was put back together.

Mileage: 263,000
    I don't intend to do a ton to the car because of the high mileage and plan to put my money into my mint condition wagon. I don't see this car lasting much longer before something major goes and I'm guessing it will be the transmission. Once it goes I plan to part it out or rip the engine out and rebuild it.
    Last edited by NationDecay; 11-27-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Comment

Wow awesome job so far and awesome name for the car lol. Keep up the good work

I think its so awesome to see these types of transformations.

I bought mine for $300 and it was also rough, but not this rough. So props to you
        Last edited by boulky12; 11-28-2018, 06:03 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Would make a nice project. Good to see you didn't give up on her!

Comment

Working...
          X