My latest purchase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest purchase...

With the H swap looming overhead for my car, I needed to find something to use as a daily beater/workhorse. The motor will be ready to pick up within the next couple weeks.

I passed up a rather nice 91 EXR coupe identical to my car, to buy this little beast.

I've always wanted a Toyota pickup, and when I find them, they're either rotten or way over priced. I picked this up for a cool grand. Yeah, it's got some bondo here and there on the bed, but really, in person, this truck doesn't look bad.

The interior is filthy, but this thing runs like a Swiss watch.

I'm going to clean it up, paint the rims white, repair the bumper, clean the interior and fix the stereo and have myself a decent little JY hauler, truck for my detailing work and a nice, reliable economical daily runaround.

I just took these photos from the kijiji ad. I'll be taking it home tomorrow night. I bought it off this really nice Russian guy. When I pulled up in my car he was like OMFG SWEET CAR!! He couldn't stop looking at it lol.

Last edited by crazymikey; 06-01-2012, 12:41 AM.

Not a bad looking truck. Nice find.
    1993 accord lx coupe 5 speed f22a1 all stock for now.

Comment

Very nice, just needs a little love. You gunna drop it a little with those blocks the mini truckers use?? That would be dope

Comment

What is it about small trucks from that era. So reliable. Nice find!
        -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
          Very nice, just needs a little love. You gunna drop it a little with those blocks the mini truckers use?? That would be dope
          Funny thing is, I have a set of 3" blocks in the garage from my last B2200.

I dunno...dropping it is a little overkill, but we'll see. I might.

Comment

Looks good! I always wanted one too. No rust? I say, a set of decent wheels, chrome 4x4 bumper, and a 4runner grille/headlight conversion and you're good!

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            Funny thing is, I have a set of 3" blocks in the garage from my last B2200.

I dunno...dropping it is a little overkill, but we'll see. I might.

YOU WILL! You cannot... not do it!
            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Everytime someone says "nice Russian man"

I think of FPSRussia.

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                Looks good! I always wanted one too. No rust? I say, a set of decent wheels, chrome 4x4 bumper, and a 4runner grille/headlight conversion and you're good!

YOU WILL! You cannot... not do it!
                No rust because....Bondo. lol. It's not a haggard POS body to begin with though, it's pretty straight and someone did atleast attempt half decent bodywork on it.

The interior will need a very thorough cleaning, as will the engine bay. I like the 14" mesh wheels that are on it. I'm going to paint them white.

The front end needs some TLC. I'll try and bend it back a bit and probably paint the bumper with rockerguard or something.

Comment

color match, like you did on your CB! I think it'll look pretty good. I wish I lived close by.. I've always wanted to work on one of these! I'm a minitrucker at heart, like you.
                  92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                  2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                  2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Whatever I do, I need to make this truck look clean and respectable, as this is what I'll be showing up to customer's jobs with.

This thing is super easy to lower with torsion bars in the front and put some blocks in the back. Aww yeah

Comment

How's the frame? Those things can have serious frame rust issues. AccordWarrior can tell you quite a bit about them. He owned a 92 or 93 until a couple months ago, and he researched the hell out of it before he bought it!

Comment

From what I could see, it looked solid. My grandfather had an 81 Toyota that broke in half on him after the frame rotted where it bends up and over the axle.

But then, his 92 B2200 did that too.

This is also Alberta. Bad corrosion is not an issue out here.

Comment

truck looks preety good never really seen those trucks.

Comment

I learned to drive on my dads 92 yota. Can't beat the reliability. His motor finally died after.about 450,000 miles. And he's had it since new. As soon as I can source a replacement motor for it it'll be a sweet father/son project. And if you got 3" blocks laying around, DO IT.
                            We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
                            Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

yea this guy has one that is all fucked up. it has a none working cluster, 4runner fenders, lowered and a blown motor. i think im going to offer 300 dollars because it is a serious hoopty but they are a lot more desirable than a 4x4 one.

i almost lost money on my 4x4 with a 5vzfe swap.

so i have a set of 6 lug steel wheels with 33" swampers. i want to try and fit them on a stock 4runner or something
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X