First accident in 11 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First accident in 11 years

So I was at work yesterday, doing a delivery for my boss. Had to drive this 2009 Sierra 2500HD we have on the lot.

Anyways, long story short, I'm on a 4 lane road, in the left lane. 2 cars infront of me stopped to make a left turn, so I stopped, as there was traffic in the right lane. There was a semi coming up on the right, and for some reason this lady in a Malibu Maxx decides to try and cut inbetween me and the semi (kinda like an 'S' maneouver.) Fails big time. Fishtails twice, smashes into the back corner of the bed of my truck, fucks her front wheel up, bounces off and then slams into my passenger door.

Myself, my passenger and the lady in the other car were all ok and uninjured.

I'm SO glad I wasn't in my car, otherwise I would NOT have been as calm, courteous, professional and helpful as I was in this situation.

Some aftermath pics of the truck I was in. Nothing serious, but looking about $4000 worth of damage.

Cool story bro.

that's what you get when you have stupid people in a hurry lol, not everybody who's in a hurry just dumb ones

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I was afraid the civic got hit

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Shitty business man. I don't know what it is with people and them forgetting how to drive on a regular basis. Some old fucker in a Saturn LW300 almost did the same to me today. Started to drive right in to the side of me, and I had to swerve in to the other lane to avoid him. Lucky for me no one was beside me... I didn't have time to check.

Also there was a huge pileup on the 401 today near Kitchener. OPP had the whole area shut down, it looked pretty serious.

Glad you and everyone involved is ok. Except the woman responsible. Death by firing squad, that's my vote.

Comment

It's amazing it's taken me 4 years to be involved in an accident in this city. My city has the absolute stupidest, clueless drivers I've ever encountered.

I yell, scream, honk, flip off, flash my lights, brake check and do other shit to idiots here.

Yeah, I've gotten 2 phone calls from the Police about my licence plate being reported for some issues.

It's hard too, because for 3 of the 4 years I've lived here, my jobs have required me to drive, so when I'm in marked company vehicles, it's really hard to bite your tongue sometimes.

Comment

Come to tulsa. This place takes the cake for stupid drivers
            visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              It's amazing it's taken me 4 years to be involved in an accident in this city. My city has the absolute stupidest, clueless drivers I've ever encountered.

I yell, scream, honk, flip off, flash my lights, brake check and do other shit to idiots here.

Yeah, I've gotten 2 phone calls from the Police about my licence plate being reported for some issues.

It's hard too, because for 3 of the 4 years I've lived here, my jobs have required me to drive, so when I'm in marked company vehicles, it's really hard to bite your tongue sometimes.

Tell me about brother, as I drive for a living I see it all.
              Whats the fucking rush these days??
              People in a hurry to die faster?
              I was doing 60km/h on an 80km/h road due to poor weather conditions, and every Tom, Dick & Harry has to fly up on me and start tailgating me, so I pull over and let them pass, cause their such great drivers.. Get back on road only to have some other asshole come out of nowhere and be right on my ass.

Leave Some Fucking Space People....FUCK!!!! Pisses me off.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Dude look up wrecks in east texas, That place is the utopia of clueless angry people. LOL. Seriously for a city of 100k they had more wrecks on average than any city in Texas. Idiots.

Today for instance I get on a Toll road. Ok Ill pay the fine to go a little fast er its cool. Yeah right, we got from like 60mph to stop and go then start going 30-40 then stop and go then 40-50 then stop and go. WTF!!!!!! what could possibly SLOW THE FAST LANE DOWN IN A TOLL ROAD????

WHAT SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT SLOWS A TOLL ROAD CLEARLY MADE TO GO FAST IN, CLEARLY IN THE LEFT LANE AKA THE FAST LANE>> WHAT IN THE WORLD WILL SLOW DOWN A LANE LIKE THAT?!??!?!?! I WAS SCREAMING IN TRAFFIC> end rant

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                  Tell me about brother, as I drive for a living I see it all.
                  Whats the fucking rush these days??
                  People in a hurry to die faster?
                  I was doing 60km/h on an 80km/h road due to poor weather conditions, and every Tom, Dick & Harry has to fly up on me and start tailgating me, so I pull over and let them pass, cause their such great drivers.. Get back on road only to have some other asshole come out of nowhere and be right on my ass.

Leave Some Fucking Space People....FUCK!!!! Pisses me off.
                  I dont drive fast and furious any more, thats just stupid. Now Im courteous and cautious when I drive, making sure I dont do nothing dumb on my part.

Its because we have imports, people that dont drive imports dont get it. They have two mentalities,

1. You're going too fast!
                  2. You're going to0 slow!

and even if you are driving speed limit under bad/good weather circumstances you are just a "ricer" in their head.

I actually drive average and keep up with traffic and I get the bird and angry looks all the time, its not my fault I can maneuver and clearly accelerate faster than the rest of traffic, and slow down very quickly when they try to brake check me (cut into my lane on purpose yes welcome to Texas where lil dick men drive the biggest trucks to run over ricers :/ ) not to mention use less gas while being consistent. I rack about 33mpg on average because I dont drive like a dousche bag.

Seen a prelude dousche bag driver he was WOT cutting in and out of lanes stomping on brakes, people flipped him off.

I was like, that car is slow! I hope I dont look like that ! I dont .
                  Last edited by 8ball; 02-02-2013, 01:38 AM.

Comment

i've seen my fair share of stupid drivers here too. Just today, this asshat in a surburban went straight in a turn right only lane and cut me off; the SOB even pulled into the same parking lot as me but further down. I so badly wanted to go down and have some colorful words with the driver but i had better things to do like make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                      i've seen my fair share of stupid drivers here too. Just today, this asshat in a surburban went straight in a turn right only lane and cut me off; the SOB even pulled into the same parking lot as me but further down. I so badly wanted to go down and have some colorful words with the driver but i had better things to do like make money.
                      we call that "throwing plex in the turning lane" in Texas; it could be worse tho. it could be this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZDTBsTLg88

If it was a mistake well ok, but some people do that intentionally.

I did that once on accident, both turning lights were green, I forgot I was in a turning lane and went straigh the guy in the lexus was like WTF he slowed down and did a U turn instead of turning. So he followed me to the next light and wanted to flex, but I was like my fault tho it is what it is he was just like learn to drive and sped off. shit happens bro.

Comment

lucky you! your car is luckier! these days it seems i need to give people lots of room and extra brake flashes or blast the hell outta the pack to escape the droves of fucking idiots. fly up on my ass when im doing 80 when theres cars everywhere then proceed to ride it for a min till you eat brake check, properly timed as people in right lane exit i pass the person in front of me illegaly, as Ive followed them long enough in the passing lane..as i pass the next clump is oncoming for which I politely activate my signal and get back in the passing lane..evading everyone. etc etc..

Comment

Freaking ppl in hurry!!!! What jerks!!! Im glad your ok.
                          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          My coupe!!!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

You know it's funny, I was just telling my girlfriend yesterday how this doesn't actually happen but I was wrong. I'm in the same boat, my name, company and website information are on the front and back of my car, so I need to drive with that in mind. I always highbeam or honk if someone is driving like a tard around me, usually if they don't signal/cut me off/almost hit me.

I find that there are a lot of drivers in Ontario who fail to turn on their lights after the sun sets. I think DRLs are the worst things we've mandated on vehicles. Most drivers don't realize only their DRLs are on after 5/6pm and make it hard to see when driving on the highways. I've almost hit people because I couldn't see them without their lights on.

I think car makers should be mandated to install automatic headlights.

Anyway that's my little rant. I'm lucky I've never been in an accident before. I've been driving for 8 years with no accidents, and I think only 2 speeding tickets that stuck

Comment

Really, DRLs are retarded. "Let's install some dim lights on the front of the car."

I have a better idea. "Let's install fully functioning lighting systems."

I like my mom's old Kia Sportage, and 1990 Accords. Full lighting system at all times, and can't be turned off.

Comment

Working...
                              X