Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in my opinion, you can go wrong with alpine

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

Comment

don't cheap out.

What ever u do don't cheap out on speakers. That extra $40 or $50 per speaker set will go a long way. I've got Clarion speakers all around .

Sounds great and is very balanced.

Enjoy the hunt.
      DEVOTE

Comment

Boston Acoustic Pro 60 components all the way......Never had a problem with mine and they sound amazing.....literally.
        1991 Honda Accord Ex
        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=42315
          Pioneer 6.5 4ways!
          JustBlaze

Comment

I think to accurately determine the best speakers, you would have to look at their application and price range. Those are two huge factors in buying speakers or any audio components. I could rattle off a list of the best speakers under $100 or a list of speakers priced over $300.
            Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
            The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunk138cb7
              Xplods
              Tru that! I love my xplods!

1999 Honda Prelude
              Photography Site

Comment

Well I did have 2 jensen 600watt 12s in my trunk with a 1000watt off brand amp but i sold them to get stuff to finish my engine swapp everything else in my car is BOSS though they arent too expensive and have a nice clear sound in my opinion

Comment

How bout xplods?
                  RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
                    I think to accurately determine the best speakers, you would have to look at their application and price range. Those are two huge factors in buying speakers or any audio components. I could rattle off a list of the best speakers under $100 or a list of speakers priced over $300.
                    Well my front speakers alone were about a grand over a year and a half ago......but they sound a-effing-mazing.....I couldn't have put it any other way.....
                    1991 Honda Accord Ex
                    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Road Race #1
                    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Xplods are good..

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
                        Thanks for the advice mondojackal, doesn't sound like a bad idea. But you don't think i could get some decent sound just by getting the speakers by themselves? Why should I get the amp too?
                        well, let me put it this way...your HU (head unit, cdplayer, etc.), although it may say 50x4, really only puts out about 20wRMSx4
                        even if you buy some cheaper speakers, the RMS wattage rating will still be about 70 or so, maybe even 50 on some...nevertheless...think about powering a sub with half of the wattage that it recommends...prolly not gonna sound the best or loudest or clearest, right?
                        well, when you crank it up on the volume knob and try to get some decent sound level out of those speakers, then the internal amp of the HU will strain to try to put out the power that those speakers are just begging for..as a result, the amp strains a little too hard and starts to put out some ugly sound..have you ever turned it up pretty loud and the sound just gets really distorted...well, even with a cheaper amp (like 50wRMSx4) that will adequately power coaxial (speaker cone with attached tweeteres) speakers and make them sound light years better than HU powered speakers..

also, people who have stock speakers will note this, and many people who know what they are talkin about will agree with me...

the base for a good system is a good speaker setup to begin with..not only will the speakers get distorted at higher volumes, but as soon as a good sub is added, you wont be able to hear the mids and highs anyways, the louder bass will drown them out..

so i definitely recommend amping your speakers before even thinking about subs!

Comment

xplods arent that great people...again...there are many speakers to be had that are so much better even though they are in the same price range..

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                            xplods arent that great people...again...there are many speakers to be had that are so much better even though they are in the same price range..
                            Sony's car audio stuff sucks....believe me....i've pretty much rolled it all.....
                            1991 Honda Accord Ex
                            Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                            Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Im rolling with RF speakers with an Alpine HU. Currently listnening to DnB and when im rolling with about 15 volume with my bass turned to 7 and my treb to 4 i feel my ass and balls shake from the bass. I have the 6.5 2 way powers in front and 6x9 3-way punch in the back. From my exp, im gonna get an amp to power those suckers, then the added weight of sub and another amp, crossover will be later.

I think i killed some of my sperm cells with my bass. LOL
                              www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

on the higer end..infinity kappa perfect

or even better if you got the cash..focal utopia

reguards tom d

Comment

Working...
                                X