Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Member for over 10 years. first build post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member for over 10 years. first build post

Discovered the site when I was 15. 25 now. had many accounts then just used for research.

my first car was a cb7 and I've had 10 since amongst the other vehicles I have now. I am back down to one. I've only had 92 or 93s just the way the cookie crumbled. anyways my timing snapped on my last cb7. it is a 92 lx coupe.

besides messing with changing plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and fixing irradic idles and other various things this is by far my biggest project on a import.

my dad owns a conventional machine shop / metal fabrication shop specializing in marine hydraulics but this is where the swap is taking place.

picked up a donor car and torched the axles and mounts and pulled it out. tore it down the head bolts were brand new, the head gasket was brand new, and you could see fresh machine work on the intake valves. took the head to a shop got it hot tanked and the tube seals the ones under the rocker assembly replaced and the cam seal for 125 bucks. they checked all the specs on the head and everything checked out.

went on and replaced the crank seal, rear main, balance shaft, and every other single thing on the motor. oem Honda water pump oem timing belt. so on so forth. I'm leaving the balance shaft belt off and we will see how that works. will end up buying a bisi or ksport delete kit before it goes in.

basically everything is new axles to the tranny to the motor. the gentleman who put it on the motor stand out 1.5 stainless bolts into my block so just ordered a tap and helicoil kit
    hoping for the best. bought cheapo motor mounts on rock auto and had to Take them to the drill press to make some fit. will be posting more.

the donor car had a f22a1 stamp on the block but a a6 manifold pt6 ecu and the factory harness had the IAB wired up which leads me to believe the old block went bad and they put a a1 block with the a6 manifolds that came with the car. the car was a 92 silver ex-r. don't know if the badge was legit it was a coupe with a sunroof and 5 speed.

I swapped a h23 plenum onto the a6 runners hoping I ran my coolant lines properly well find out soon enough.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by RaiderCb7; 12-05-2015, 05:15 PM.

Those F22s do have a nice side profile, lol. Welcome... back, I guess.

What are the plans, at least with the engine?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

keep it mostly stock. just h23 plenum and the exhaust mods. possibly a cam since I'm assuming it has a a1 cam.

just want it to last another 300k miles

it was a great learning experience. learned a lot.

Comment

thanks for the welcome though ! I've been about for a long time in the shadows just researxhing and such

Comment

Working...
        X