Engine won't run in drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine won't run in drive

Well some months ago I drove my 92 to get new muffler and drop the car off because they had to order it. A day later they went to pull the car in the shop and it wouldn't stay running once you put in drive to move. The shop tried replacing the fuel pump but still did the same thing. Had it towed to the Honda shop in which they kept for two months and said they didn't know what was wrong. Have anyone else had this problem or can help me with this if not a good shop near Fort Leonard Wood, MO. Thanks in advance...
    Forgot to say it does have a H22 in it but don't think the shop did a good job a few years ago...

What ECU are you using? Has the base idle been properly set? Has anyone checked the IACV (could have dirty screens)?

I once had an issue where my car would die at idle under certain conditions. Setting the base idle solved the issue. Jumper the CEL plug, disconnect the IAC and set the idle to ~700 RPM.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I had tried that before taking it to the Honda dealer but still did the same. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
        What ECU are you using? Has the base idle been properly set? Has anyone checked the IACV (could have dirty screens)?

I once had an issue where my car would die at idle under certain conditions. Setting the base idle solved the issue. Jumper the CEL plug, disconnect the IAC and set the idle to ~700 RPM.
        It the same ECU that I got with the engine 5 years ago. The car have being run fine a year ago and setup for 6 months before it start doing this. It will set still and run okay, until you try to move the car. thx

Comment

Originally posted by Gee92 View Post
          It the same ECU that I got with the engine 5 years ago. The car have being run fine a year ago and setup for 6 months before it start doing this. It will set still and run okay, until you try to move the car. thx
          I will try to clean the IAC.

Comment

I'm back with car an it running now but still having issued now after driving it a few miles sometime it will stop running. I had it towed about mile from the house after getting off truck it startup and ran. The car seem to never ran smooth after the shop did the swap before I went oversea and a year or two later went back to the shop it was out of business and had a lots of bad review in the timeframe. Do anyone know of a good shop or someone in the are of Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri to get this look at? Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm back with car an it running now but still having issued now after driving it a few miles sometime it will stop running. I had it towed about mile from the house after getting off truck it startup and ran. The car seem to never ran smooth after the shop did the swap before I went oversea and a year or two later went back to the shop it was out of business and had a lots of bad review in the timeframe. Do anyone know of a good shop or someone in the are of Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri to get this look at? Thanks in advance.
              A quick Google search and i found a few shops near you that specializes in tuning/repair services:

https://www.adrikmotorworks.com/ <<This one seems more like they'll get you done correct

https://ettuning.com/ << This one seems more of a Euro type shop

Or if you do not mind a drive, a drop off to Tulsa, Ok at Humble Performance: http://www.humbleperformance.com/

I'd personally love to give a hand and help you get going, but I do not have the garage capacity to take on another vehicle.
              If you were a lot closer, I probably wouldn't mind just tinkering with it on your property lol.

The last issue you are having, is sounding like a bad main relay.
              I can assist with fix, but you aren't close to me lol.
              Last edited by daovangphotos; 05-18-2022, 03:51 PM.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post

A quick Google search and i found a few shops near you that specializes in tuning/repair services:

https://www.adrikmotorworks.com/ <<This one seems more like they'll get you done correct

https://ettuning.com/ << This one seems more of a Euro type shop

Or if you do not mind a drive, a drop off to Tulsa, Ok at Humble Performance: http://www.humbleperformance.com/

I'd personally love to give a hand and help you get going, but I do not have the garage capacity to take on another vehicle.
                If you were a lot closer, I probably wouldn't mind just tinkering with it on your property lol.

The last issue you are having, is sounding like a bad main relay.
                I can assist with fix, but you aren't close to me lol.
                daovangphotos - I really thank you for the help and I will check with the shops.

Comment

daovangphotos - I really thank you for the help and I will check with the shops.
                  As stated, you mentioned driving it somewhere, parking it. Then it will fail to start, you had it towed, but it started getting off the truck.

Sounds like a bad main relay.
                  Some real small issue that can be easily fixed, for free, really.

You might want to look into the the main relay fix.

All you need is a soldering iron.

Just pull the main relay, heat the soldering iron.
                  Touch each individual solder joints to ensure the solder melts and then remove solder iron, move onto the next.

I've done dozens of main relays like that and have had no issues to this day.

Let me know how it goes.

MRT

Comment

Working...
                  X