Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol.. how'd you know?

Comment

Now how could you tell those used to be bronze? I have seen those up close and in person, and could not tell there was any other paint on them other than the black.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        Now how could you tell those used to be bronze? I have seen those up close and in person, and could not tell there was any other paint on them other than the black.
        I bought them from him when they were bronze about a year ago

Comment

Very nice car interior looks mint. Care to trade for my burgandy interior. Chicks love the burgandy interior man. Quick question, how does vtec sound on that thing? or you havent got it up that far?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Body LX
            I bought them from him when they were bronze about a year ago
            Ah, it all makes sense now...
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by SetonHall
              Very nice car interior looks mint. Care to trade for my burgandy interior. Chicks love the burgandy interior man. Quick question, how does vtec sound on that thing? or you havent got it up that far?
              VTEC kicks in on these cars around 4000 RPM or so... if you listen closely you can hear it BARELY... sometimes I can't even tell.

SOHC VTEC sucks

Comment

Front lowered last night... I made a bunch of rookie mistakes I shouldn't have made. It's been a while since I lowered a Honda so I forgot some things and had to go redo some steps over....

The rear will be down Saturday. I'll post some pics of my "Beige Bulldog" though to show the height I've chosen:

Just to keep everyone updated (if anyone actually cares), on 3/25/06 I had a problem with the passenger side rear strut. The bottom strut bolt broke off when I was trying to take it out and it stuck inside the bushing/strut bracket. I tried cutting the bracket off because I'm using new struts but I had a hard time cutting the bracket off due to other things being in the way. I'm trying to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible to get the car dropped but it's hard as Honda doesn't even stock this bolt!
                Last edited by Big Body LX; 03-26-2006, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Just to keep everyone updated (if anyone actually cares), on 3/25/06 I had a problem with the passenger side rear strut. The bottom strut bolt broke off when I was trying to take it out and it stuck inside the bushing/strut bracket. I tried cutting the bracket off because I'm using new struts but I had a hard time cutting the bracket off due to other things being in the way. I'm trying to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible to get the car dropped but it's hard as Honda doesn't even stock this bolt!
                  Ah yes, the infamous LCA/Lower Strut bolt!
                  Happened on my White CB, my friend's 93 hatch, and my other friend's '00 HX.

My friend got the bolt from Honda for his 2000 Civic HX.
                  Looks exactly like the CB ones...i put a Civic bolt in my CB and didnt notice anything.

But yeah, car is looking fantastic.
                  You should go on a photoshoot once you are done lowering it.

Comment

Finished lowering it at 7AM this morning (right before work)

I'll post up pictures when I get home tonight. Look on the first page of this post for updated pics.

Comment

Wow good job Chris, that there is looking Mint!

How is the ride quality?
                      Get any negative camber yet?

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                        Wow good job Chris, that there is looking Mint!

How is the ride quality?
                        Get any negative camber yet?
                        Thanks. I haven't decided if I'm going to leave them down like this during the week as my girl might drive my car to work every now and then (we might swap a couple days out the week to even out the gas usage) and she works downtown Nashvllle.... might be in our best interest to have it a little higher.

Ride quality... meh, it's stiff but not too stiff. I'd say if I lived in an area where there were a lot of potholes, I'd go with a spring/shock setup instead of sleeve/shock setup. I've ridden on a lot worse and this is pretty decent for what I have in it. the struts could be a bit stronger but they hold up to the driving I do (not too punishing).

Negative camber.... what's that Stephanie said I had a lot, but to me.... it doesn't look that bad. I'll have a followup on my tire wear after the CB7 meet in NC . No alignment as I will be adjusting quite a bit most likely.

Comment

I was wondering about those shocks myself...for a good 2 years now actually. I'll keep my eyes on this for a while.

Then again in NYC when it comes to suspensions you really need the best, or it's underbody...

Anyhoo it looks really nice dropped man, it's totally transformed. What's next?

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Exhaust an tint next... hopefully not too far away

Then again in NYC when it comes to suspensions you really need the best
                            Contrary to popular belief by Northerners and people from out West, Tennessee actually has some NICE roads. They just redid a major stretch of highway leading directly into downtown and the freeway I drive on regularly is maintained by my city... which does a GREAT job of keeping it paved fresh.
                            Last edited by Big Body LX; 03-30-2006, 09:51 AM.

Comment

tight tight tight.

but if i were you, i'd make that carbon fiber hood the very next thing you buy for that car. a CF hood would set it off.

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                                tight tight tight.

but if i were you, i'd make that carbon fiber hood the very next thing you buy for that car. a CF hood would set it off.
                                cf hood will not come until early next year.

I am going to be "showing" this car at NOPI for the next couple years an want to stretch mods so that I don't bring back the exact same car every year.

The car will never be show-winning but regardless of that, it's still stupid to bring the exact same car back year after year.

NOPI 2006 plan:
                                Drop (complete)
                                Exhaust (complete... pics up soon)
                                Tint
                                Blackhoused headlights
                                Clear corners

NOPI 2007 plan:
                                well... keep an eye on this thread and I might let everyone in on this

NOPI 2008 plan:
                                Mostly reworking and restoring this old car. Mods will include but not be limited to:
                                Fresh paint job
                                Leather rewrap

------------------------------

Exhaust was installed today. I'll have pics after I get my oil changed this week. I have the coilovers raised up right now because it makes it easier to get on and off racks when getting the car worked on (exhaust work and oil change). I have to drop them back down before I take pics... or what would be the point of being dropped?!
                                Last edited by Big Body LX; 04-18-2006, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X