CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #61
LadyG
Golden

LadyG has a HUGE cock! LadyG has a HUGE cock! LadyG has a HUGE cock! LadyG has a HUGE cock! LadyG has a HUGE cock!
Harness pics from wireworx! It ships to me tomorrow!

This project is moving along super fast!
LadyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:31 AM   #62
LadyG
Golden

LadyG has a HUGE cock! LadyG has a HUGE cock! LadyG has a HUGE cock! LadyG has a HUGE cock! LadyG has a HUGE cock!
So, I've made some choices.

Neochrome all the things! (That I can afford to!)

Also, going with the purple bolts.

And finally, two contenders for the interior hydrographics:

I'm going to see which coordinates best.

Also, it's almost time for the fun stuff (shaving and line tucking) so make sure you watch this thread for updates!!

Old 04-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #63
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Looks good. That's some serious stuff going on there....
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:04 AM   #64
LadyG
Golden

It is some serious stuff!
My hubby has decided that I can has all the things he knows how to do.

Tucked ac, perhaps tucked rad, all the options will work (ac,ps,cruise) and will be run for minimal visibility.
All the wiring will be gone through and re-harnessed. Relocate the battery and fuse box.
Full break tuck, mild shave (no plates, just spot welds)
New front subframe.
Skunk 2 intake manifold w/78mm throttle body
All new fasteners, and hoses, for all the things.
All emblems will be shaved,as well as the antenna hole.
all of my rarities will be mounted correctly and painted with the car, as well as a second bumper for daily use.
The only thing that isn't getting a full makeover is the interior. I need my youngest kid to get a little older before I sink $$ into it. It also gives me time to collect a black/grey interior for her.

Our goal is to do the show season next year, together. His H22 teg will be done right after my car is finished.

I am beside myself with joy. I get my dream car.

I am also going fully insured,and have fr/r dashcams.
I WILL NOT be hit-and-run on again.

Last edited by LadyG; 04-18-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #65
Raf99
Gold Member

Ya, keep us updated in here. Sooo I have to ask. It is your hubby or you doing the work?
Old 04-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #66
LadyG
Golden

What needs to be understood is that hubby is a professional in the industry. I have access to his connections. There is a great deal of trading that will be done to my benefit.
That is my real advantage.
I also have access to specialty tools, and a person over my shoulder who absolutely knows what he is doing.

That being said, there are things (like the relocations, Fab work, and custom lines) that the average tuner has to see a professional about. I sleep next to one.

If you are actually asking me if I get my hands dirty...
I'd be a little insulted.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:30 PM   #67
LadyG
Golden

Wire tuck has begun!
First thing is the driver's side harness. Unwrapping the wires from the old nast

Start at the firewall and work forward, zip tieing the junction points as you go.

On the passenger side, the fuse box is being relocated behind the glove box, the whole harness on this side gets pulled into the cabin.

It is then split off, with everything that runs back into the bay put through the access hole that runs into the fender.

The boot will be split to surround both hunks of wire.

Then it's unwrapped

Old 04-19-2018, 02:45 PM   #68
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
If you do end up going with a custom chromoly subframe, and whoever makes it would like to make some more money out of the deal, let me know.

Is this something like what you're looking for?

Old 04-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #69
LadyG
Golden

Yep. Just like that.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #70
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
If you do end up going with a custom chromoly subframe, and whoever makes it would like to make some more money out of the deal, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyG View Post
Yep. Just like that.
If that is something you get done LadyG I would like to know as well. I'd be up for buying one of those in a heartbeat.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #71
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
To have anyone make it that would have any interest in retailing it, the price would be on the order of around $1200-1500. I'd drop that if I could have easy rear manifold and J-series differential clearance.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #72
LadyG
Golden

Hubby is a member here, I'll have him pop in and talk to y'all. He is looking for new things to make.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:26 PM   #73
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
This car is going to turn out way nice! That passion berry purple will look awesome combined with a black leather SE interior. LadyG I have the optional tall center armrest that came out of a CB9 wagon same color as yours. You’ll have to center your E-brake but that should be basic for your skills.

~Mark~
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:06 AM   #74
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyG View Post
What needs to be understood is that hubby is a professional in the industry. I have access to his connections. There is a great deal of trading that will be done to my benefit.
That is my real advantage.
I also have access to specialty tools, and a person over my shoulder who absolutely knows what he is doing.

That being said, there are things (like the relocations, Fab work, and custom lines) that the average tuner has to see a professional about. I sleep next to one.

If you are actually asking me if I get my hands dirty...
I'd be a little insulted.
Yes, this is what I am asking.

No offense, and understood what you wrote. We all rely on others for their experience and skills. I just was hoping you were getting your hands dirty as it makes the thread conversations better

It's much funner talking to the person who did the work first hand.
ie - When you remove the door panels to get to the wiring harness coming into the door it's funny how no-where in the manual does it mention how to remove that white thing that covers the loom.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #75
91b20ed
CB7tuner Member

91b20ed is cool... so far.
I was gonna write this big long deal in response to your question but that's a pointless act. Seems no matter how long she's been doing this people still ask......this wouldn't even be asked is she was a man.

Since this build is time sensitive I'm having to do a little more than she probly would like. I did this for a living. I can take these cars apart in a matter of hours where as she would spend a little more time than that. We're trying to have this car painted in the next 3 weeks.

Also, most of what's being done is, like she stated, specialty procedures. Custom brake lines, all the wiring that's involved, custom a.c. lines, engine bay metal work, etc. BUT am I building the car, no. Once it's back from paint is when the real work starts and that's when well be able to take our time. She will be the one dealing with all the details and alot of the assembly. Along with some custom stuff. She will be handling all the hydrodipping and the painting of accessories like engine brackets, subframe etc. The list could go on and on. Bottom line is, we are building this car together.

So with that being said we are both here to answer any questions you guys may have. ��

Last edited by 91b20ed; 04-20-2018 at 12:31 PM.
91b20ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #76
91b20ed
CB7tuner Member

91b20ed is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post

As far the subframe we are going to stick with the factory unit. Although we are going to replace the front radius rod support with an innovative unit. Thank you though. ��

May want to talk to FCSRace they already make that type of subframe and have the tooling to do so.

Last edited by 91b20ed; 04-20-2018 at 01:02 PM.
91b20ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #77
LadyG
Golden

Hey guys!
Hubby and I started an Instagram to Livestream the project.
It's @LadyG_Odbgarage on Instagram.

We are going to be doing some Fab work in the bay tonight (4/28/18) if you want to come and hang out and ask questions.
We will post a start time on insta before the livestream starts.

If we are not acquainted outside of the forum, please let me know who you are!

Hope to hang with y'all later!

Last edited by LadyG; 05-03-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #78
LadyG
Golden

Livestream of Project:Wagon!

Hey y'all!
We are getting close to paint time!
I talked in my last post about the IG hubby and I started @ladyg_odbgarage.
Well we did our first Livestream last night, and I wanted to share the you-tube playlist where I've stored the saved stream.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jx8UIUL0XGSP8j

I hope some of y'all will follow us on IG and participate in our Livestreams!
Old 05-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #79
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
I have to remember to add this on the gram.

So exciting.

I still pine to get back into a cb7. Even though I never finished mine, I think this time around I would be trying to bring one back to sales floor quality, just to have a clean piece of history. Or id mod the shit out of it lol. Either way it would be fun.
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: