CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-27-2017, 10:49 AM   #21
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
The sage green metallic '94-'95 Accord is where I got a set from a long time ago.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:39 AM   #22
Corweena
CB7tuner Member

Corweena is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMAccord View Post
I think that the sunvisors with lit units are from EX CD Accords. As you noted the chrome mount is a thicker mounting, but the shape of the overall visor is the same as the CB and allows for them to be installed pretty easily.
Pretty much all CD Accords have lit sun visors.
Corweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:12 AM   #23
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
I actually just pulled an SE dash for my wagon as well. You can get the SRS airbag to work but you'll need:

- The mounting tab and bracket ,if you look to the left on the passenger side you should see the bracket and immediately to the right the other tab that is spot welded in place and also grab the RH dashboard bracket since theyre shaped differently to support the right side of the dashboard

- The SRS computer and the harness to the passenger airbag. I believe the SRS units out of the SE are similar to the other models with the addition of the plug for the passenger airbag.

I also noticed that the SEs came with the factory Bose amplifier but is also held in place with factory mounted tabs, youre into the restomod stuff and that SE you posted has the harness cut up I can gladly help you with pulling complete one from the one I found out near me.

Good work man, this is what I miss most about the forums that you dont get on the FB pages people actually posting progress pics.
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:33 AM   #24
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
Yeah this weekend Iím going to that pap to get the SE dash and other black pieces from the Solaris SE. Thatís good info for removal and I wanted the Bose amp for my collection too. Iíd like to find a Cobalt blue 4 door sedan and put all my black leather interior in it. With a blue top H22 under the hood. That would be very nice.
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:44 AM   #25
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Also while I was checking out the Solaris SE last weekend I noticed the top half of the car had the same light gray/blue plastics & headliner as the white cars do. I did this same concept in my car and then I come to find that Honda did this to with an OE dark interior. Brought a smile to my face.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:21 PM   #26
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Ok calling all gray interior 4 doors! Ditch that dingy old cloth for some sexy leathers. These can easily be fitted to your stock sedan door panels. Iíd put a thin layer of foam behind it also. I might find some nice gray panels to put these on before I offer them up but for those who canít wait. Pm me. We can talk. These arenít an everyday find. Especially in gray.

Moving on to tonightís project. After putting in the CL carpet in my car I realized that my door panels were still the old style carpet strips. When you close the doors you can really see the difference. So I recently cut the passenger side front carpet out of an Acura CL. It is the only part of the CL carpet that is long enough (without a bunch of folds) that I can cut the door carpet pattern piece from. I layed out the drivers side piece I took from my old tan panel. The disgustingly dirty tan piece is literally how the whole interior used to be lol. I forgot to save the passenger side but Iíll get another one.

I cut the piece out after this pic then did a quick fit to my drivers side panel. I could instantly tell how much nicer it will look, not to mention match. Once itís cleaned up some more I should be able to pull the old stuff off to glue and fit this new piece. Stay tuned.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:41 AM   #27
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

So I got a chance today to get another carpet piece from a 98 CL.
I cut out the patterns and got everything glued and tucked. Looks allot better.

You can see the difference in the two types of carpet and color.

Inside and mounted you can see the two match up nicely.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #28
HenRoc
Black Thunder

Wow that is great work man. 3 questions though:

- How did you get that CRV radio to work? Is it just plug and play?
- I see you eliminated the key portion of the ignition..would you mind making a DIY for it?
- Whered you get the trim ring for the manual transmission from?

You made quick work of this car in good short time of only a year. haha

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
Old 12-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #29
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

The 2007 CRV stereo wires up like any other. I bought the stereo (with its code of course) I also bought an aftermarket generic pig tail harness that plugs into the stereo. Then I just cross referenced the wires to connect between the CB chassis stereo wiring diagram and the right year CRV stereo wiring diagram. I cut the CB plug off too. The CRV stereo really needs an amp powering everything else sound wise as it is very weak. Iím pretty sure they were all routed to factory amps in CRVs anyways. Iím going to ditch this stereo when I put my new dash in. I decided to go with convenience over a nostalgic look. So 2 din touch screen it is.

I do have all the pics for a diy on the easygard system with push button start. I think I can put something together here soon.

The ring around the shifter is from a 98-99 Acura CL. Itís modded to sit flush. Well actually now that I remember the shifter bezel that holds the shift boot in was cut down flush to the top of the console also.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #30
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
Love the car man!

It'd be amazing if you did a DIY on your push button and all that, I would most definitely do that to my CB.

What shift knob/boot is that? Looks really nice, the boot connects flush to the knob.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:29 AM   #31
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
What shift knob/boot is that? Looks really nice, the boot connects flush to the knob.
The gray leather boot & knob is a generic $15 eBay kit. The knob sits down on the shifter while the boot is pushing up so they pretty much just stay up against each other. The shift setup is a bb4 prelude shifter swap I installed into the accord shifter base. I donít think that makes a difference in how it sits height wise but it does make the shift throws closer. Works well.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #32
xkjnboix
CB7tuner Member

xkjnboix seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to xkjnboix
im lovin the oem grey coupe inserts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[color="Magenta"]
xkjnboix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:13 AM   #33
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Iíve had this whole week off till the 2nd. Itís time for some motherf*#kin progress. I needed to replace my dash because it had some melted cracked spots on top that were just glaring. I didnít see them when I first pulled it from pap and I also didnít realize there was a difference (albeit small) between the 90-91 dash and the 92-93 just below the steering column. Soooo I got the right one finally a few weeks ago. A nice one too. I modified the dash while it was out for my bb6 cluster. Itís allot easier to cut the back plastic with the dash out lol. Here is the new dash in.

Here it is with the bb6 cluster. I canít wait to get this wired in!! Iím building a jumper harness this weekend for it using the ports from a sacrificed cluster at pap. If you look closely I have the wrong bezel installed on the front of the dash. I need the 92-93 which is indented in front of the cluster to clear the column adjustment. There really is a good amount of subtle differences between 90-91 and 92-93 interior parts. So off to pap this weekend to get the right one.

Some of the other things I got done were fixing and soldering all of my heated seat and power wiring. Running better speaker wires through the door harness to the door speakers. Installing the A and C oem fog light harnesses. All of this is so much easier with the dash out. I was going to run some wires from the defroster switch to each side of the car to get it ready for my heated mirror install but I then I gotta run them through the door harnesses also. That shit is not fun. So I have an idea. Now that Iím not using my factory speaker - & + wires Iím thinking I can extend those at each end to use for my heated mirror wiring since theyíre already run through the doors that could potentially eliminate another headache job.
Before putting the door panels back on I popped the ďBoseĒ tags on each speaker cover. Itís took me months to find these. Unbroken ones that is. I got no Bose system but they still look cool.

You wonít believe how hard it is to find a set of these interior side mirror covers that some bird brain hasent destroyed with a screwdriver removing them. They are always scratched up plus coupe and sedan are slightly different so finding the coupe ones are definitely harder to get. But I digress. I finally found a nice set.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #34
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
That's actually a pretty good idea to utilize the other types of wires! Would you mind showing us how you routed the new speaker wires?
Old 12-30-2017, 12:45 AM   #35
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

I donít have pics of the speaker wires. I read somewhere on here that the best way to do it is through the boots behind the fender. My fender plastics and mud gaurds are still on my car so I had to get behind them to get at the boots. I just poked a hole in the bottom of each boot and pulled the wires through. So a bit of the speaker wires are out side the main door harness but still run into the harness ports on the door and fender well. None of the wiring is visible when you open the doors now so itís good enough for me.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #36
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Just read your MRT, very nice car! Love the attention to detail And yes, it is a pain in the ass pulling wires through the doors. To do it properly one have to remove your fenders and feed a guide wire through the boot properly. Then pull several through at a time and tape the boot backup when done. Loving that BB6 cluster too
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:58 PM   #37
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Thanks Raf99. Yeah the door wiring is not fun at all. I hope I donít have to dick with any of that again.
Anyways I strolled the paps today. Got lucky on my first car and found a perfect 92-93 bezel. No cracks or scrapes. So I very carefully removed the bezel and then cut the harness plugs for the gauge cluster while I was at it.
Now as I was checking different CBís for black side mirrors in good shape, I had an idea. If 96-99 TL heated mirrors fit in CB housings, will TL mirrors fit on CB Accords? So I found the right TL with heated mirrors also and unbolted the whole complete side mirror. Took it over to a CB and tried to fit it. Well the TL perch certainly wonít bolt up. BUT, the TL housing bolts right on to the CB perch. It folds in and out cleanly with no tightness or hang ups. Here is a pic of the TL housing on the CB perch bolted onto a CB Accord. It doesnít look bad either imo.

Now another reason I was thinking on this TL conversion is the fact that CB power folding mirrors are very expensive now. Close to $400 shipped. Thatís ridiculous I think. TL pfmís however are half that shipped. Still very reasonably priced. Iíll be willing to bet that the folding mechanism inside will fit or be the same as the CB pfm mech. Either that or Iím just going to pop the TL pfm housing on the CB perch. The TL pfm perch should have the same bottom mech piece to swap into the CB perch also.

Next up is another new project. I put in the 98-99 CL map/homelink but I donít have it wired correctly. I was going to work on that when I came across another map/homelink diy. Itís way better! Itís a newer Civic map/sunroof control housing with a TSX homelink center part. I just put together this one.

It has control for the map lights to be on with the doors open also. Plus the diy still has pics you can freakin see lol.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:56 AM   #38
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
I always had the 95 dome light for the cb7 but never installed it. I never liked how there is no way to secure it and friction just holds it up there. I think that hitting bumps, etc. would make it want to fall down a lot. Plus the thought of cutting up my headliner.... eeek...
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:15 AM   #39
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

The best way to install these map lights is to remove your headliner. I know it mean removing a crap ton of parts below it to get it down but itís worth it. Plus making a good template and centering it will help. Go slow with your Dremel tool and it will come out nice. Most of these map lights will have a metal bracket that holds it up in the headliner. Donít forget to pull it out and take it with you if you get one at pap. Or make sure it has one if you buy it from Ebay.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:20 AM   #40
HenRoc
Black Thunder

any links to the diy for the map light? Id definitley prefer this since it has that ambient light installed from the factory.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: