CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 04-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #1
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Cordless Impact

Hello guys, i am now on the market for a cordless impact in 1/2 as i have two pneumatic impacts but having a battery operated will help in situations where a compressor is not a luxury such as junk yards. Any sugestions? i am looking at either Dewalt 899, Milwaukee M18 Fuel etc. All help is apreciated.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #2
'93CB7Ex
Gold Member

'93CB7Ex seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to '93CB7Ex
the milwaukee is rated highly. i have a newer lithium snap on 1/2 (ct8850). both are good but obviously if you dont work in a shop or something, the milwaukee will work just fine and save you a lot of money.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
the milwaukee is rated highly. i have a newer lithium snap on 1/2 (ct8850). both are good but obviously if you dont work in a shop or something, the milwaukee will work just fine and save you a lot of money.
You mention the snap on, i was checking out the Ingersol Rand 1/2 inch impact; only issue is that IR has no local distributors so warranty involves shipping.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #4
'93CB7Ex
Gold Member

'93CB7Ex seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to '93CB7Ex
i have no experience with those. ive used the milwaukee and snap on. both are good choices, but one is a lot cheaper lol.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:31 PM   #5
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
I've had really good luck with my Makita LXT. I've never cared to see how it was rated, but it's gotten everything off that I've ever put it up against.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:42 PM   #6
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris is cool... so far.
M18 Fuel or Matco. No other options imho.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:56 PM   #7
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
IR is cool, but limited to only a few tools. Powerful as all hell though. I sold mines and am switching to Milwaukee.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #8
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Just ordered and paid for the Milwaukee M18 Fuel, I got the 600ft/lb model that comes WITH the battery and will be getting the 1400FT/LB model without the battery later. I just got tired of trying to get breaker bars and such under the vehicles and after my recent 3rd back injury i have to look out for myself trying to loosen lugnuts. FYI guys the Fuel 2861-21CT is on sale for $199 at HD from $339 so if anyone is planning on snatching one; do so now.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:11 PM   #9
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
I've had really good luck with my Makita LXT. I've never cared to see how it was rated, but it's gotten everything off that I've ever put it up against.
Jarret; didn't you use it that one time to help me take off a caliper at the JY in Hiram Clarke?
Old 04-11-2018, 10:44 PM   #10
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Perhaps. I don't go to junkyards without it. I've broken staked axle nuts and crank bolts (except one that beat me) off with it, too. It's been good to me.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:58 PM   #11
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

I always used simple hand tools but damn things go alot smoother and i mean ALOT when using power tools. Last week i was taking off my hitch to replace my aged and worn shackles, its a major pain in the ass having to hold down the bolt while loosening the nut with a wrench. Like a putz i lent my small compressor that lacks CFM to really push my impacts and thus had to do it the old way. Anyway we will see what happens once it gets here.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:48 AM   #12
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
I've been looking at swapping over to the Makita stuff, I've always loved their tools and they are tough.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #13
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilas View Post
I've been looking at swapping over to the Makita stuff, I've always loved their tools and they are tough.
Makita and Dewalt have always been my go to brands for powertools and did look into makita for impact but seems that Dewalt XR, Milwaukee Fuel series are heading the category; then there is Rockwell that offers an unmatched 20year battery replacement warranty(whether the company will be around that long is a different story). I purchased a comercial grade Dewalt angle grinder because i got a great deal on it, darn thing is way too big to use efficiently with precision BUT it made cutting brick a piece of cake. Now i got to start looking for a buffer since my once used HF one quit wont start
Old 04-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #14
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
Working maintenance at the local refinery I have used and abused them all....and the only brand that remains in our tool crib for cordless tools is Milwaukee. All the cordless stuff in my own garage are now Milwaukee M18 Fuel.

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #15
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
Working maintenance at the local refinery I have used and abused them all....and the only brand that remains in our tool crib for cordless tools is Milwaukee. All the cordless stuff in my own garage are now Milwaukee M18 Fuel.
Thanks Ghost, I play on getting the beastly M18 fuel high torque later in 1/2 as well as a smaller in 3/8 for the smaller stuff.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #16
djkurious
CB7tuner Member

djkurious is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to djkurious
Don't flame me but I have been using this since it's release last summer:

https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-ma...kit-63852.html

It actually looks like a Milwaukee knockoff.

As soon as I bought it I charged it and went to the junkyard to test. Removed a couple of Honda harmonic balancer bolts (19MM) and a couple of CD5 and CB7 axle spindle nuts that were staked. It never broke a sweat. Still till this day there hasn't been a bolt that it hasn't removed.

To each its own.

I also purchased their 2-year warranty. When the warranty is almost up I go to the store and redeem the warranty for a new one and pay for the two-year warranty again. There are 2 Harbor Freights within 15 minutes from me.

Last edited by djkurious; 04-13-2018 at 05:42 PM.
djkurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #17
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkurious View Post
Don't flame me but I have been using this since it's release last summer:

https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-ma...kit-63852.html

It actually looks like a Milwaukee knockoff.

As soon as I bought it I charged it and went to the junkyard to test. Removed a couple of Honda harmonic balancer bolts (19MM) and a couple of CD5 and CB7 axle spindle nuts that were staked. It never broke a sweat. Still till this day there hasn't been a bolt that it hasn't removed.

To each its own.

I also purchased their 2-year warranty. When the warranty is almost up I go to the store and redeem the warranty for a new one and pay for the two-year warranty again. There are 2 Harbor Freights within 15 minutes from me.
I think HarborFreight equipment have their place, with that being said once you go into the $200 range i would look at a better product. I go in for things like sockets, ramps etc but their electric items have failed me before(drill that i could hold still by hand and a buffer that wont start). Its like looking at a Kia, they are fine as inexpensive vehicles but once you start looking at the top of the line you are better off buying somewhere else. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #18
wed3k
Contributing Member

wed3k seems to have made some friends! wed3k seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to wed3k
milwaukee is all i use, my friend's m18 1/2" impact takes on crank bolts.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.
wed3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #19
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed3k View Post
milwaukee is all i use, my friend's m18 1/2" impact takes on crank bolts.
I bought the Milwaukee 2861-21CT.
IMG_20180414_203912 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

Last edited by Crankshaft; 04-15-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #20
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris is cool... so far.
Nice. You won’t be disappointed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: