Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seat belt Wiring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat belt Wiring Question

Alright, so my drivers side door had dent in it as well as the window shattered and the motor died. I spliced the wires and reconnected them all. The seatbelt stays in the down position, and as far as I know all the wires are correct (windows work, locks, speaker, light etc). I have attempted to pull the motor back on it with the Allen key, and then it just goes back in the 'get out' position.
    Door registers as closed. What else could it be if it worked on the old door??
    Thanks!

Check the “passive motor” fuse under the hood. There’s two. One for right one for left.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

If im understanding your description properly. you swapped entire door, cut the wiring harness between door and body, spliced wires together, no internal door parts\connections were swapped? If that's what was done, you could have multiple things going on. windows, locks,ect. are separate circuit.
      1: the wire harness has multiple wires that are the same color, example wht\yel and wht\yel(1), they don't serve the same purpose, example- one is 12v and other is 0 to 5volt logic or signal, triple check all wiring, will likely need to do some voltage checks to be 100&#37;, the harness should be replaced,its all plug and play connections no splices needed, if wiring is ok

2:there are 4 separate modules inside the door, door latch switch, retractor motor, the front belt position switch and the rear anchor\position switch,all of them can cause this issue,
      If a customer brought this to me i would proceed as follows, pull out and replace section of wire harness that was cut,then if issue is still present, test the input and output at the 4 modules inside the door,
      The absolute worst case scenario would be if the harness is wired wrong there is a possibility that too much voltage was sent to the seatbelt control module and smoked it, that module is under the passenger front seat.
      A DVOM and a Haynes manual are a must have for this one.
      fuse 24,35 and 36 underhood and fuse 1 underdash all provide power to seatbelt control unit,control unit provides voltage to the rest of the system system, check them obviously, but likely not the issue, if blown, figure out why. fuses don't blow for no reason or because they are 20+ years old,
      Last edited by Ashtrain; 01-21-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I checked the fuses, all are good. It could be the wiring but I’ll have to buy a meter for that. I did attempt the other day swapping the example you provided (wy-wy/wy1-wy2) and it liked sparked so I set it back. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
        X