couple questions before my first auto-x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple questions before my first auto-x

So, my first race is on sunday and i'm trying to get my alignment pretty well dialed in beforehand. I was wondering if someone that has raced knew what their specs were? I've been told 1.5 degrees negative camber is good, and i 've been told less than that was good. I had also heard that puting the rear toe out is better for a front wheel drive car to get some understeer.

a list of what works and what doesn't would be helpful.

i will be doing the alignments on my own also.

WINTER = HONDA UPRAGES - Last year was a HUGE suspension upgrade. This year its cockpit upgrades, brakes, wheels, and a possible tune and/or motor swap.

i'm set at around 1.5. I have pretty wide tires and its been workin well for me. Wear isnt too bad either. I have heard about the rear toe but i have never tried it. seems to me like it would be a pain in the ass becasue the rear would be "dragging" if that makes sense

Comment

sounds good. what about front toe? and ya that's what i thought too when i heard it but than i thought about it, and it started to make sense. if you toe out both rear tires than the back end will almost be turning with the corner. giving you a little more understeer. i think i'm going to try it this weekend but not completely sure.

WINTER = HONDA UPRAGES - Last year was a HUGE suspension upgrade. This year its cockpit upgrades, brakes, wheels, and a possible tune and/or motor swap.

Comment

Working...
      X