Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anybody on here own a Ball Python?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody on here own a Ball Python?

I'm looking at possibly getting one. I always wanted a snake while I was growing up and my dad was against it. I just finished remodeling my basement and that's where I would keep the setup. I've been doing some research on them and they appear to be a very popular pet snake to have betweein Red Tail Boa's, Kingsnakes, and Corn snakes, and the smaller Garter's and Red Belly's. Only negative I've come across is that Ball Python's are one type that would try to escape it's aquarium, however there are ways of luring it out of hiding etc.

I'm looking for opinions and advice on this matter, it's much appreciated. Post pics of your snake and setup too if you'd like.

Thanks!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

My cousin had 2 red tail boas. if you dont mind the smell of snake piss and decomposing rat carcass partially mixed with slightly more digested rat.... Theyre cool. But my cousin was a freak she would sleep with them. I think one snake ended up eating the other...

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I've got two balls under my python...

I'm not certain, but I think my friend may have one. I'll need to double check to be sure that's actually what his snake is. He's had it for a few years, and it's still growing. He keeps it in a fairly large tank with a heat lamp above it. It eats infrequently, and my friend says it's simple to keep the tank clean. I've held the snake (the only snake I've ever held) and it was very mild mannered. He swears she's affectionate toward him...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        thanks for info deev...

I've been researching them and found that captive bred snakes are the best way to go, and they are the easiest to handle and most tame. Also it's recommended that you have a separate tank to put them in for feeding so that they associate that tank with food, and don't nip at your hands when you reach into their tank to handle them thinking it's feeding time. I'm gonna check out some local pet stores to see what they have, probably not captive bred, but if they're babies and they give a feeding demonstration proving that the snake eats readily then I think I'd be ok with that. Lots of good info online about owning one, just wanted to hear from first hand experience on here.

Thanks for the replies

Comment

I stopped by Animart today and held a Jungle Carpet Python. It was pretty awesome, black with yellow accents/zig zags. Probably 12" long or so, pretty easy to handle regardless that it's Friday which is their feeding day. One of them was in strike mode, but the other two were easier to get out of the tank. It only opened it's mouth once to strike at me, but was slow enough about it that I could react in time and and it didn't strike at all.

It was pretty lively for being nocturnal, and had a healthy eating schedule with no major issues. I have to give it a little more thought, but may end up going this route.

I was told Ball Pythons are much milder tempered, but with regular handling the Jungle Carpet's are just as "tame".

Still, if anyone wants to add some feedback I appreciate it.

Comment

Just take a little vacation down to Florida, walk out into the woods, catch yourself a nice sized Burmese Python and take it home. Then turn your whole basment into its living quarters, and feed it small children that drive you crazy in your neigborhood...... j/k

A ball python sounds way safer than a large pet snake.

Remember to get some gerbles to feed it, keep them off to the side and they will multiply like crazy, sell substained food source for your snake.
            "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

the gerbil idea would be great, except that you have to maintain them as well. These pythons are used to eating thawed frozen mice, and they only eat once a week. The mice are $1.49, so it'll only cost about $6/mo to feed the snake. Other than that, it's just a matter of cleaning the cage and refreshing the water, which would be easiest to do while it's in another container eating a mouse.

Comment

I guess you do have to buy some food and saw chippings for the gerbles. But watching it attack a live thing would be WAY better than watching it feed on a dead animal. haha.

When I was in highschool, one of the science teachers had a snake, he used to feed it live mice. I never took any of his classes but I sure loved watching it crunch the mouse and devour it.
                "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Be sure you get a snake that won't grow to a size that will make it difficult to keep comfortable. According to my friend (my only reference, really), snakes (at least his snake) are very sensitive to temperature. A big snake with a big tank would limit the places in your home you can keep it, and you won't want to put it in a place that can get too hot or too cold!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I'm not certain, but I think my friend may have one. I'll need to double check to be sure that's actually what his snake is. He's had it for a few years, and it's still growing. He keeps it in a fairly large tank with a heat lamp above it. It eats infrequently, and my friend says it's simple to keep the tank clean. I've held the snake (the only snake I've ever held) and it was very mild mannered. He swears she's affectionate toward him...
                    lolol thanks for info.

yeah, boa python they are really nice to have just a lil hint dnt feet them to much they will die.

paypal info:leonardorivera50@yahoo.com

Comment

A buddy of mine has 2. They are sooooooooooo fucking cool!!

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

My buddy OBSrt has a sick ass python or boa, i forget. its about 4ft long and eats huge ass rats and rabbits.

Originally posted by wed3k
                        are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

I at one time had 15 Red tailed boas and quite a few Ball pythons as I was breeding them. While I haven't had any Jungle Carpets I do know from friends that had them that they get pretty large (compared to Ball that is) and they are way more likly to get into a fuck you I will bite you mode then really the red tail boa or the Balls. I will say this after all the snakes I've had ( Started with a ball python at 8) I am now back to just one snake and wouldn't ya know it, its a ball python. If you have any questions about anything snake related don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

I have two ball pythons, had 4 one was a pastel. I also have a 7 foot redtail boa I'll post a picture of later.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X