Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help car starts but won't move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help car starts but won't move

so yesterday I was on my way back from work and when I accelerated on a turn I hit a bump and started to high Rev. While continuing on the road I noticed my transmission was slipping I believe. It'll hit 3000 and Rev up to about 4200 before it shifts. By the way The car isn't throwing any codes and it's an auto. I jump in it today and drive to work and decide to check if it will manually shift dropping it to first and tried to work my way up, it didn't shift at all, only one gear. Eventually the car would not move. Now I'm stuck at that point, it revs but won't move.

You sure it has no codes? Because if it's in limp mode some cases you'll start out in fourth gear upon take off and it'll rev without moving at first. But you said you put it into first and it still won't move? I'm pretty sure if you only have 4th you'll only have that and 2nd so both are really gonna take a bit to take off. If you want us to help you a bit more take a video of it while your trying to accelerate with the camera on the gauge cluster. Can you get up to speed like 50+?

I just read the rest of your post. You need to find out exactly what gear you have you can put it into first when it's in limp mode but it'll default to another gear so try moving it back and fourth from 1st-4th and figure out witch gear you have. What year cb7 do you have how many miles? Does it do the same when cold? Confirm that the fluid level is good? That bump-shock for all we know made you lose your fluid if you haven't checked it yet when you check your fluid does it smell burnt or a unusual color? It should be pinkish redish but the new stuff is redish, pinkish, purpleish LOL. When was the last time the fluid was changed?
    Last edited by Kev1990; 05-27-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X