No announcement yet.

High5er : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great wheel choice and i like the dye job on the center console.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
      Great wheel choice and i like the dye job on the center console.
      Thanks! I picked up another front lip because the one I had was ripped off by the brutal downtown Sacramento streets.

I know it doesnt look that bad but trust me, its so much worse in person.

It was factory painted gold so Ive been taking the past couple days stripping it off. Hopefully itll be all clear for paint by friday!
      Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
      The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Small update:

So my damn car is starting to overheat. I'm not sure what it is at this point as I havent really looked at it.

I was driving down the freeway on my way to work when I noticed my temp gauge getting a little steep. Then it was actually touching the hot. At that point, I pulled over and turned the car off.

Im pissed. Its 5:45, I start at 6, and I'm on the side of the damn road waiting for my car to cool down. So I call my gf and tell her to get up and take me to work and that I'm heading home. I was able to make it home with the hood popped to maintain airflow. Surprisingly, it stayed at operating temp the entire way home except when I was at a complete stop.

I'm not too worried about it being the HG since I was able to make it home so easily- but at the same time, I'm not gonna get my hopes up. From my experience, overheating is generally caused by 3 main things: T-stat failure, Water Pump failure, Bad HG. Obviously, there are other issues that could contribute as well(i.e. plugged H-core, air in the system, etc.). I just have to go home and actually take a look. All I had time to do was feel the upper radiator hose. 'Twas hot. That's about all the info I have at this point. Gonna jump right in when Im off work. I'm gonna paste this in the technical section to see what some have to say. Doesnt hurt to have a second opinion right? Or a third for that matter lol.

Fingers crossed!

Check out my MRT!

The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Overheating has been solved! But I cracked my oil pan and ripped the DS CV boot. Oil pan is fixed, but the CV boots still torn. I really dont wanna take off the entire axle jus to replace a piece of rubber. Oh well.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

So yesterday, this piece of cast iron decided to break and take out me and 9 other people on the freeway. Straight impaled my radiator. SO irritated.

Here's the culprit

The scene of the murder

Who likes flatbed shots? This guy! (optimism)

The flatbed towtruck got me off the free way but I had to use a dolly tyoe for the rest of the trip due to lack of availability. Would you try to make it 12 miles like this?

Now to look for a radiatior. Fun stuff.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

damn dude, you have the best luck.....

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

You just can't catch a break. Was it like this with your E34?
                Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
                  damn dude, you have the best luck.....
                  eh, shit happens. Its whatever.

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                  You just can't catch a break. Was it like this with your E34?
                  Kinda lol.

I delt with a bad fusable link and that contantly had me stranded.
                  some punk kid slashed my tires (3)...
                  my fuel pump went out
                  thermostat failure.

so yeah I guess haha.

Oh well, man. Im just gonna try and find an affordable radiator. Shouldnt take hella long but we'll see. Its just irritating that this is all happening right before CAM. I need every cent I got for the finishing touches.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Alrighty then! Had fun at CAM for sure. Wasn't able to take the Hayahshis since I had some pressing financial issues to deal with last minute. All in all fun trip. The car ran great! With the exception of:

-Constant overheating (grape vine fun)
                    -Like 4 bulbs went out (nbd)
                    -Lost the little thingy on my brake pedal so it stays on
                    -battery died completely(due to brake pedal thingy Im assuming)
                    -blew 2 tires
                    -developed a fuel delivery issue. (smells like gas, massive power loss, terrible mpg)

I think by now you're sensing sarcasm.

And to think I was in the clear because I had just rewired my rigged ass fans to factory spec. Its really what I deserve for trying to buy the same exact car as my old one.

Im gonna be throwing these wheels on within the week. I wanted to post up the test fit pics so you guys have an idea of what Im workin with tho.

Im pretty upset though. My original plan was to have a 3 inch lip upfront and the guy messed up and sent me a 2.5" Had I had the 3, the fitment would've been perfect IMO. Oh well. I'll just look for a 15mm spacer till I can find a set of 3inchers.

Anyways, i'll post up pics with my tires soon. Thanks for reading.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Those wheels are dope but i would be careful. My offset was pretty bad and every time i hit a bump it would hit the rear fenders. I had to roll the heck out of the fenders so it would tuck when i hit a bump. Im sure you got it worked out though, i just had that problem recently ad figured id post it...
                      Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

man you're making me want to make a MR now. and You're the CB that was posted on IG, I absolutely love those wheels on the CB, any updates?

Comment

He just picked up a roof rack
                          blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Wow man those wheels are sick!
                            That gold on green is a sweet combo too. If u got more pics of those id love to see em.

Comment

updates!?!?! must see more pictures. must see more wheel setups. Must see more CB

Comment

He sold the cb a month or so back. Idk who owns it now.
                                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X