Speakedr sizes/fitments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakedr sizes/fitments

Has anyone had any success replacing the stock front 4" speakers? I want to keep the enclosure that it came with, so going bigger isn't really an option, and Crutchfield doesn't have any advice for the front speakers. Any good choices for clearance?

Thanks

yeah you can keep the stock size, me personally i made the whole a little larger and put in 5.25"s

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

so you just cut out some of that plastic in the "box"? Is there a way to do without those plastic boxes and still get good sound?

PS- what wheels are those?
      Last edited by ::jenksus::; 09-14-2005, 08:46 AM. Reason: more q's

Comment

i believe those wheels are called rota c8's. correct me if im wrong
        Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

I thought they were 6 inches..... Cuz i bought the pioneer ones (180 watt) and i just bought 2 pairs from circuit city. Both 6 inches. They fit.
          my 91 cb7
          Originally posted by 4doorfury
          I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

ya the stock fitment up front should be for 6" or 6.5" speakers ive owned like 5 cb7's and all of them had stock 6" speakers up front
            My OLD Members Ride Thread

Comment

My EX came with 4" in the front and 6x9 rear stock. I'm not sure what speaker sizes come in what cars exactly but I know that different models had different speaker sizes.
              Also, you can get some mounting brackets to mount larger 6.5" front speakers from the junkyard.
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

6.5 was a TOUGH fit in my front speakers...so maybe 5.25 woulda been right.

Comment

you can put 6.5 in the door by using spacers or making mdf brackets. ill have some pics up in my page soon for example purposes.

Comment

yeah there c8 a replica rim. it seems there is no hard and fast rule as to what was the stock speaker size for the accord, even people with exr same years have pulled different sizes, and the book at the car store for me was wrong.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by dwsaccord
                      ya the stock fitment up front should be for 6" or 6.5" speakers ive owned like 5 cb7's and all of them had stock 6" speakers up front
                      whoa definetly not me !

i had trouble fitting in 5.25 in speakers in the front. had to cut a circle in the palstic enclosure so the magnets could fit and redrill holes.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                      X