Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-Line PS Filter

CB7'ers,
    I have searched on this site and google about inline filters. Will installing an inline filter on my PS System cause damage to my PS System?

I am in the middle of replacing PS hoses when I had the thought of adding an inline filter. i have never done, which I am here to inquire from the CB7 master mechanics.

Originally posted by ca93accord View Post
    CB7'ers,
    I have searched on this site and google about inline filters. Will installing an inline filter on my PS System cause damage to my PS System?

I am in the middle of replacing PS hoses when I had the thought of adding an inline filter. i have never done, which I am here to inquire from the CB7 master mechanics.

Why ?

Comment

raf99,
      I was only inquiring if any CB owners have done it and what they noticed as a positive value from adding the filter.

based off of your comment, and from what you have done to your cb7, i take it you have not done it. lol. I was simply asking if someone has done it.

I like the concept of keeping the fluid more cleaner but I didn't know if it helped keeping it cleaner.

Comment

Ya, never done. And never seen it done or any manufacture do it. Simply because there are no particulates that get into the fluid (gas or solid(metal)).

Comment

thanks raf99. I know the question made me look stupid but I just had to ask if someone did it. Then I would weigh the Pros and Cons. all in all, thanks for your input.

Comment

As far as debris in the system, the only metal might be from the pump. Most of the wear surfaces in the rack are metal against non-metallic bushings from what I remember. I have rebuilt several pumps and one rack - never really found much indication of wear in any of them. If you really want to add one, my 2007 Elements use an in-line filter for the transmission fluid (in one of the lines to the cooler in the radiator). My suggestion would be to replace the fluid one in while. It is messy disconnecting lines to maximize drainage, but it can be done.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
            X