Oil light flickering symbolizing oil pump or oil level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil light flickering symbolizing oil pump or oil level

My damn idle drops to 450rpm fucking up my dash because it flickers. Jesus Christ.

The tach essentially starts at 500 rpm (lowest thick mark is zero, next thick mark is 500, then small marks for 600, 700, 800, 900; then thick mark at 1000); 450 rpm wouldn't register on the tach so I think what you're seeing is about 700 rpm which is where it should be (unless you're using something external to actually measure the rpm). The light is an indication of low oil pressure. If your oil level is low, fill it, then see if it stays off. If it is full and flickers, then either your oil pressure is low or the pressure switch is bad.

P.S. Jesus has nothing to do with it.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yupp deff a good start is like what fleetw00d said. I had the same issue before & it turned out to be the pressure sensor was bad along with the sensor wire being pretty destroyed/oily.
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
      X