Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Valve Cover Tube Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve Cover Tube Seals

I did my valve cover lower tube seals the other day and was having trouble getting the rocker assembly on. I was able to get the assembly on today, however, I had to slip the timing belt off the crank. The crank moved a little bit but luckily I marked everything. What is the easiest way to loosen the timing belt to get it back on the crank? Should I loosen the tensioner bolt?

What is the easiest way to reach the bolt?

Thanks.

JTM.

Funny because I thought you dont have to remove the timing belt of the cam gear to do the lower spark tube seals.

But to put the t-belt back on you would have to loosen the tensioner and re-set all the timing marks. Take the lower and upper cover off so you can DTC on cylinder #1 to do the work.
    Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
      ...Take the lower and upper cover off so you can TDC on cylinder #1 to do the work.
      fixed

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I believe that there is no easy way. In order to reach the tensioner bolt the timming belt plastic cover would need to be removed. Once removed, you"ll be able to see the belt tensioner bolt. I went thru the same procedure on my 91 accord a couple years ago and there was just no other way but to expose everything. In my case I changed the water pump, new timming belt and belt tensioner roller.

Comment

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
          Funny because I thought you dont have to remove the timing belt of the cam gear to do the lower spark tube seals.

But to put the t-belt back on you would have to loosen the tensioner and re-set all the timing marks. Take the lower and upper cover off so you can DTC on cylinder #1 to do the work.
          You dont, I was having trouble lining it up so I slipped the belt off. The car wasn't TDC when I changed the lower tube seals. I marked the timing on the belt and the cam gear though. I just want to loosen the belt enough to slide it on the cam and then re-tighten it.

So in order to do this I have to remove the lower t-belt cover too right.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Comment

Is there any easy way to get the tensioner bolt off? I can get a 14mm wrench down in there but it seems like it's just destroying the bolt. What should I do?

Comment

take it apart. dont half ass your timing belt.
              COUPE K24

Comment

You take the motor mount off so the engine moves?

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Working...
                X