to those who done the roh conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to those who done the roh conversion

I did the roh conversion about 3 years ago. I purchased them from Tas auto pre assembled and paid a good penny for it. I purchased it pre assembled because I didn't want to risk damaging the bearing.

Everything was good until last night. I am now starting to hear the bearing moan. Has anyone had any experience in the longevity of these bearings? I went OEM because I wanted them to last forever, paid over 300+ for something that should last longer.

Does anyone know If they carry warrenty?
    Last edited by accordztech; 02-07-2012, 06:16 PM.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

I got hubs from acura and timkin bearings. Put 50k miles on them over 4 years no problem.
    wat?

Comment

I bought timken as well, maybe it was a faulty piece? Give them a call and see if they will work something out with you.

Comment

Remember that step when you put the axle nut back on and torqued it to 300 foot pounds? Yah, it was only supposed to be about 182 foot pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
          Remember that step when you put the axle nut back on and torqued it to 300 foot pounds? Yah, it was only supposed to be about 182 foot pounds.
          I forgot what I put it to, maybe 130...I forgot what my torque wrench maxed out at.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
            I forgot what I put it to, maybe 130...I forgot what my torque wrench maxed out at.
            That could be an issue.
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              That could be an issue.
              130 Ft. LB on the axle nut wont cause any problems with the bearings.

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
              Even at more than 182 Ft pounds you should not have problems with the bearings.

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
              I did the roh conversion about 3 years ago. I purchased them from Tas auto pre assembled and paid a good penny for it. I purchased it pre assembled because I didn't want to risk damaging the bearing.

Everything was good until last night. I am now starting to hear the bearing moan. Has anyone had any experience in the longevity of these bearings? I went OEM because I wanted them to last forever, paid over 300+ for something that should last longer.

Does anyone know If they carry warrenty?
              They most likely wont cover the bearing since its been that long.

Even Honda doesn't warranty the parts for more than 12k miles.

Best bet is to just change them. The bearings are decently cheap. If you want to save some money just take the bearing and hubs to a machine shop and have them press it out there. Instead of taking the entire knuckle

Comment

Coming from a guy that has worked at many shops, including Coggin Honda you cant kill a bearing by tightening the axle nut too tight.(maybe if you hold the trigger down for 10 mins, lol) I have put thousands of them on with my impact and never had issues with any bearings going bad. Never have I "torqued" an axle nut. I dont care what books or manuals say, torque wrenches are for engine internals, thats about it.
                ODBWeldingWerks
                Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Originally posted by 91b20ed View Post
                  Coming from a guy that has worked at many shops, including Coggin Honda you cant kill a bearing by tightening the axle nut too tight.(maybe if you hold the trigger down for 10 mins, lol) I have put thousands of them on with my impact and never had issues with any bearings going bad. Never have I "torqued" an axle nut. I dont care what books or manuals say, torque wrenches are for engine internals, thats about it.
                  I have had a wheel come off my rx7 due to someone not torqueing the shit down after using the impact/neumatic wrench. Luckily in my case it was the driver side rear that flew off at 55 mph on the highway, the wheel jumped the barrier and rolled down the express lanes like 300 yards away. I'm glad it wasn't a front wheel that came off, I was in the left most lane, and the only real damage caused was cosmetic to part of the suspension.

Don't half ass shit, especially when your life, and especially when someone elses life could depend upon it.
                  Last edited by cloudasc; 02-09-2012, 07:06 PM.
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                    I have had a wheel come off my rx7 due to someone not torqueing the shit down after using the impact/neumatic wrench. Luckily in my case it was the driver side rear that flew off at 55 mph on the highway, the wheel jumped the barrier and rolled down the express lanes like 300 yards away. I'm glad it wasn't a front wheel that came off, I was in the left most lane, and the only real damage caused was cosmetic to part of the suspension.

Don't half ass shit, especially when your life, and especially when someone elses life could depend upon it.
                    I forgot to mention it takes a certain ammount of common sense. unfortunately for the industry, some have it some dont. I will tell you, Ive seen more tire techs get more "wheel offs" with torque sticks and torque wrenches than impacts. Ive only had 1 wheel off in my entire life and it was about 14 years ago now, and i used a torque wrench. I dont half ass anything, Ive just been doing this long enough to know what works and what doesnt. As a matter of fact I got out of the industry because I was tired of working for half asses and crooks. I could tell you some more torque wrench horror stories if youd like.
                    ODBWeldingWerks
                    Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Originally posted by 91b20ed View Post
                      I forgot to mention it takes a certain ammount of common sense. unfortunately for the industry, some have it some dont. I will tell you, Ive seen more tire techs get more "wheel offs" with torque sticks and torque wrenches than impacts. Ive only had 1 wheel off in my entire life and it was about 14 years ago now, and i used a torque wrench. I dont half ass anything, Ive just been doing this long enough to know what works and what doesnt. As a matter of fact I got out of the industry because I was tired of working for half asses and crooks. I could tell you some more torque wrench horror stories if youd like.
                      Oh I know torque wrenches can fall out of spec too, eg they wear out, especially in a shop environment, thats why they invented torque wrench testers. I've also seen bolts walk out that were torqued down to spec too

I wasn't necessarily saying your half-assing stuff, I just wanted to ensure that people double-check their work, thats why you follow up with a torque wrench. I too have seen shoddy work done by mechanics, and have been ripped off myself .
                      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I was just looking at this part the OP purchased.
                        Isn't $329.95 expensive for these? And there is only 2 included, so it's actually just under $700 for both?!?!?!

Is there any cheaper adapter or is the regular price for this type of adapter?
                        I know is cheaper to swap the whole knuckle but I rather not unless I can keep 4x114.3.

Is there any OEM Honda solution that I can swap to that is 4x114.3 but is ROH?
                        Current:
                        2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                        1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                        1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Working...
                        X