Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well me and my brother worked on his car today. I lost count but this is my 5th retrofit, but my first with the morimoto h1. I got a great deal on them. I used a Morimoto 3five 5k bulb. I used the new Iris shroud. I was going to use the e46r shrouds, but My dads cb7 has it, and its being played out by many people.

Shaved the rear end down. Picture is with silicone washer, and nut installed.

Shroud fitted

Tada!

Output

They arent as wide as my fx35's in my car. But they sure do light up the road MUCH more. Good enough from some little projector. I incorporated the quad high beams =).
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

nice bro. I just finished my D2S retrofit on my JDM Headlights. I am really thinking of doing my stock lights as well with the H1's.

Great Job bro loving it.

Comment

Updated daytime pics. I am really diggin these shrouds. Looks super oem.

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I love those shrouds. they add a super clean finish to the lights.

Comment

I'm Jealous :-/

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Does came out nice, .
            Do you have a pics that shows the cutoff output?
            cb007
            first cb wit full LED taillight retrofit

Comment

I'm 85% finished doing the same on my 7th gen headlights (just need to installed aim and reseal)...im being lazy

Cut off pics?
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

It looks like this Iris shroud fits in the stock headlight housing with no modification? Is this correct?
                I would like to change mine if this is so.

Last edited by Old School; 02-21-2012, 07:47 AM.
                Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Nice work!

Why'd you shave the back?

I am thinking of doing this on my bike. I have a sealed beam headlight though, I am scared the projector will be too deep...

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    Nice work!

I am thinking of doing this on my bike. I have a sealed beam headlight though, I am scared the projector will be too deep...
                    So that he could get enough threads to use the lock nuts. Depends on what bulb size your light uses you might have to or not. They sent a H7 and H4 (not sure) adapter plate with the projectors for your use also.

I had to trim/shave my headlights also.
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                      It looks like this Iris shroud fits in the stock headlight housing with no modification? Is this correct?
                      I would like to change mine if this is so.

I had to trim it down a bit maybe 1.5" on the top and bottom.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                      Nice work!

I couldn't put the locking ring on. The bulb holder has to sit flush and the locking ring was blocking it. So I had to shave maybe 2mm so that everything would sit fine.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

damn that shroud looks sick. Almost makes me want to open up my headlights and remove my Ace Hardware plumbing shroud I rigged onto my TSX projectors...it just make it look that much more intimidating.

How much were the shrouds? And where can you get some?

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Thanks for the complement . I got the shrouds from www.theretrofitsource.com

They are the iris shrouds

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=4548

You can get them for 40 bucks, but economy is 20 bucks. Sometimes they have a nick, or a small scratch or not perfect. I always bought the economy ones cause I was cheap. The one I got had a scratch on the lower part of the shroud, it was getting chopped off anyways lol.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

in for cutoff pics.

Comment

Installed my lights yesterday...the output is not bad but now i feel like doing another retro on my 2nd set of headlights using the FX-R.

edit: not to thread jack but here are some cutoff pics from mine

Last edited by Gemini; 02-23-2012, 12:50 AM.
                              1993 Accord LX - Sold
                              93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X