6054 hid retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6054 hid retrofit

It doesnt really relate to the accords, but I just want to share what I been doing. Hopefully I can get the word out and sell a few of these kits.

This is my second prototype for this headlight, but its like my 6 or 7th retrofit. These are glass lenses for the sealed beam 7x6 6054and there were a BIOTCH to open. The plastic lens opened at 275 degrees for 7 min. These ones was 375 for 20 minutes!!! The housing actually warped a little bit, which helped pry off the glue...but when it cooled down it formed back to normal.

Got some 2'' pvc pipe, you will see why later. As you can see I cut the rear of the housing out, and cut on the sides to allow the projector to sit correctly and sit lower.

Rear view

This is how it will sit. On top of that pvc im putting a ABS cover just like my first attempt. That way the projector has something to mount to. The pvc will be plastic welded to the housing.

Projector clearence, JUST enough

Here is how the PVC sits. Almost a perfect fit.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

damn you're always doing some sick shit to lights good job. now put those on my 1978 cutlass hah

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
      damn you're always doing some sick shit to lights good job. now put those on my 1978 cutlass hah
      Hah thanks man.

Unit put together. I finally bought some low gloss paint instead of gloss, looks much better. These units had city lights, I took them out and routed the wiring for the high beam through them. I also like these housings because they have built in vents, saves me troubles later.

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
      X