need a brighter light for trunk dome light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a brighter light for trunk dome light

got a 92 ex coupe and i broke the trunk dome light and wanted to get as bright as bulb as possible. The model i got is DE3175. Seems a much bigger bulb will go in there. Anyone know about this or am i high? My real question is the trunk dome light same as interior dome light which is DE3175?
    Last edited by zedjr10; 06-13-2017, 12:53 AM.

I'm not sure off hand, but on eBay, they sell LED lights by the pennies. My uncle bought around 100 of them for $15. They came in different sizes, and it's all I use for interior lighting cause he got so many.

The bulb in your car should have a number on it you can cross reference if somebody doesn't chime in with the actual size.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
      Anyone know about this or am i high?
      Well you do live in Colorado, so it's very possible you're high.
      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

This is what you need. It has an interchangeable connector to plug into either fuse type or #94 sockets. The led strip has double sided tape so it just sticks to the sheet metal on the underside of the parcel shelf after you plug it in. I have one in my CL and it works great!

Last edited by Jarrett; 06-13-2017, 01:51 AM.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          This is what you need. It has an interchangeable connector to plug into either fuse type or #94 sockets. The led strip has double sided tape so it just sticks to the sheet metal on the underside of the parcel shelf after you plug it in. I have one in my CL and it works great!
          I want one of those mounted on the outside for a reverse light!
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
            Well you do live in Colorado, so it's very possible you're high.
            I was high. I just thought this was family programming. I understand the model compatibility on bulbs now. Mine is DE3175 for anyone who wonders and can just order from amazon based on that. 3.4 watts was the stock rated bulb for trunk and 8 watts for front interior dome light. The oem interior lumens lighting i think is good enough. I found some 400 lumens or more and would be good i think for trunk. Not for interior though, too bright(too brite with kids is dangerous) and the 6000k spectrum is so white. I personally prefer the more amber light for interior dome.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

I want that circa 1993 alpine amp. Super dope af
              ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
                I want that circa 1993 alpine amp. Super dope af
                Send an Alpine or JL 5-channel my way and it's yours! I'd even throw in a sweet, used JL 250W 1-channel for free! Better hop on this deal quick!
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That sucker is super bright!

Comment

Set your time machine to 2005, locate the clearance isle at your local Wal-Mart and purchase these beauties for $10 for the pair. Wire them into your light socket with a switch for power and enjoy.

Yes they're purple, they were cheap and I watched FnF too many times.

Comment

Working...
                    X